Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident (26983 Views)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / 5 Safety Flight Tips For First Time Flyers / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When Driving Around Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by AutoJoshNG: 9:06am On Jun 30, 2018

This month has been a worrisome month for Nigeria, almost in all aspects. No one prays for accidents, they can occur at any time. The recent tanker mishap on Otedola bridge, was quite tragic.
Again, we don’t pray it happens again, but what if it does ?
What safety tips can we put to practice to make sure we don’t experience such occurrences .
Here are some tips you should take into consideration when a tanker is involved in an accident .

1. Assume It Is Loaded With Fuel
Once a tanker is involved in an accident, it is safe to always assume its filled with inflammable content, even if you cannot see liquid coming out .Always assume it is loaded.

2. Don’t Try To Scoop Fuel
Even if you are very fast, in scooping liquid, at most you would scoop 50 or 100 litres.Is that how much your life is worth ?.Your life can’t be bought, fuel can always be bought.

3. RUN !
Run as fast as you can away from the tanker, you don’t have to wait to confirm if its spilling any content, just run away from it.
Don’t try to take pictures or videos, don’t try to observe. Run as fast as you can, don’t look back!! A split second can save your life
Note : If you notice it is spilling its content already, run in a direction that does not have a trail/flow of the liquid. This is important, because a trail of fire, is faster than you are.

4. Leave Your Car There
Just like the above, leave your car, especially when there is traffic congestion .Leave it !, don’t try to lock it. Just run, stand at an extremely safe distance and watch your car from there .Once the road has been declared safe by the authorities, you can go back and pick your car. If it gets burnt, hustle and buy another car. Your life is worth more than all the Toyota cars ever built put together.

If you are in a public bus, do the same thing.Exit the bus and run with the instructions given above.

5. Call The Authorities
Once you are at a safe distance, contact the authorities to report the accident.You can dial 112 or 767, its free .

Our sincere condolences to all those who lost loved ones in the recent accident on Otedola bridge

Please stay safe .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-safety-tips-you-shouldnt-ignore-when-a-tanker-is-involved-in-an-accident/

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Olalan(m): 9:20am On Jun 30, 2018
Nice tips. Once a tanker spills it's content flee from the scene.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Imustreturn(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Will this guy agree with you? I guess u know the answer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
OP, You are explicitly correct,

The guy directly above me is talking about a 'boy' who don't know the meaning of Only One Life!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by AutoReportNG: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hmmm..
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Beautywealth: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
It is well
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by johnstar(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
No 4
E get as e b oo
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by bumeks(f): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
Very helpful
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by dkronicle(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
This truck wey i just dey manage so because of tanker make i leave am. Mbanu. Either i save the truck and me or we die together. grin grin grin
Edited : at this age, some all this chairmen and women nono when person dey sarcastic. Chaiii literature needs to be compulsory in all departments

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Olibboy: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
life no get duplicate... if Yhu know yhu know

1 Like

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by footballflaver: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
AutoJosh big ups

bro is always on point

3 Likes

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Solowande(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
Who car and fuel help,. Run for your life

1 Like

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by ufuosman(m): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
Noted
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by mykemiley(f): 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
Noted.
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by babamadiba(m): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Imustreturn:
Will this guy agree with you? I guess u know the answer
the guy meant o. He wasn't joking.
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Qsscruz(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
ok
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
1.Run
2.Run without looking back
3.Run as fast as possible
4.Run with your heels touching the back of your head
5.Run like your life depend on it. Well, it actually does tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
undecided
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Donald3d(m): 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
All is well
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by labake1(f): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nice tips
For those who have ears and sense of reasoning.
May God continue to guide and protect us!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
dkronicle:
This truck wey i just dey manage so because of tanker make i leave am. Mbanu. Either i save the truck and me or we die together. grin grin grin
this is reality you’ve just stated. I swearrr . Most people would try to save their vehicle

1 Like

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by HomeOfMe(f): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

This month has been a worrisome month for Nigeria, almost in all aspects. No one prays for accidents, they can occur at any time. The recent tanker mishap on Otedola bridge, was quite tragic.
Again, we don’t pray it happens again, but what if it does ?
What safety tips can we put to practice to make sure we don’t experience such occurrences .
Here are some tips you should take into consideration when a tanker is involved in an accident .

1. Assume It Is Loaded With Fuel
Once a tanker is involved in an accident, it is safe to always assume its filled with inflammable content, even if you cannot see liquid coming out .Always assume it is loaded.

2. Don’t Try To Scoop Fuel
Even if you are very fast, in scooping liquid, at most you would scoop 50 or 100 litres.Is that how much your life is worth ?.Your life can’t be bought, fuel can always be bought.

3. RUN !
Run as fast as you can away from the tanker, you don’t have to wait to confirm if its spilling any content, just run away from it.
Don’t try to take pictures or videos, don’t try to observe. Run as fast as you can, don’t look back!! A split second can save your life
Note : If you notice it is spilling its content already, run in a direction that does not have a trail/flow of the liquid. This is important, because a trail of fire, is faster than you are.

4. Leave Your Car There
Just like the above, leave your car, especially when there is traffic congestion .Leave it !, don’t try to lock it. Just run, stand at an extremely safe distance and watch your car from there .Once the road has been declared safe by the authorities, you can go back and pick your car. If it gets burnt, hustle and buy another car. Your life is worth more than all the Toyota cars ever built put together.

If you are in a public bus, do the same thing.Exit the bus and run with the instructions given above.

5. Call The Authorities
Once you are at a safe distance, contact the authorities to report the accident.You can dial 112 or 767, its free .

Our sincere condolences to all those who lost loved ones in the recent accident on Otedola bridge

Please stay safe .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-safety-tips-you-shouldnt-ignore-when-a-tanker-is-involved-in-an-accident/

Thank you OP for this article. I dread tankers in front and beside me on the road in traffic.

1 Like

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Butterflyleo: 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
dkronicle:

So you don't know that your truck is just recycled plastic and future scrap metal abi?

Die with am na. Somebody will surely find your burnt corpse useful as manure. So its not really a loss. grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by maxiuc(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
cheesy
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by OboOlora(f): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
That No4 is the most important. How can u risk ur life for a car with insurance
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by dingbang(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
The main key word is run!!!
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by BIODAVY(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lessons from Yesterday tragedy:
1.Give enough safe distance between you and the next vehicle to allow for manuouvering in case of emergency.
2. Be very alert and conscious of what type of vehicle is besides, in front, behind you especially on a slope downward or upwards.
3. Never be in front of a trailer /tanker on a downward slope ,and never behind on an upward slope.
4. Think ahead, be spontaneous and anticipate !!!

Please share to educate loved ones and you can save a life while our government is still trying to get trailers and tankers off commuter roads. ����.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by BIODAVY(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident by Naijawebmaster: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
Some people won't still heed...

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) / Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) / Your Vehicle Can Be Impounded If You Neglect This Traffic Direction (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.