Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Is My Job A Scam!!!!? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is My Job A Scam!!!!? (15767 Views)

How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by eikechukwu8(m): 11:10am On Jun 30, 2018
Hello Guys

I was employed in a company on the 8th of January 2018, i was told by my employers that i will be on probation for 3months, and i will be receiving starting salary pending the time probation will end, then i will start receiving my normal salary.

My probation period ended 8th April 2018, but no appointment letter was issued to me and nothing was said about it, am still paid my starting salary instead of normal salary, I sent an email to my employer and she said the test isnt over yet, its the 6month now, pls guys what should I do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2018
Ehya...

Lalasticlala maybe some lawyers can help

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by eikechukwu8(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:
Ehya...

Lalasticlala maybe some lawyers can help
Lawyer?? You think it's necessary
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by thesicilian: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2018
Demand to see her one on one for discussions. What kind of tests are you undergoing? When will it be over? If you're not satisfied with the answers, do not make your displeasure obvious. Just thank her for her time and go back to work. Then start applying for other jobs.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by eikechukwu8(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2018
thesicilian:
Demand to see her one on one for discussions. What kind of tests are you undergoing? When will it be over? If you're not satisfied with the answers, do not make your displeasure obvious. Just thank her for her time and go back to work. Then start applying for other jobs.
alright thanks alot

15 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by footballflaver: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin greatest Scam ever

errand guy 001
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by TheAngry1: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
If you had to ask, then it's most likely a scam or a sham job.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Agent8706(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
I hope your story is not the same as most of the scam employers we have these days. They employ you without the intention of promoting you pass the probation salary. Once you finish the probation period and you are someone they can do without, they move on to employ the next available option from their library of uncountable CVs and then look for a slight reason to kick you out. Before that happens brother start hunting for a better option too.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Them don turn you to houseboy. You better leave that place
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by phlamesG: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
What kind of test is Ur employer running that takes more than 6months?

What kind of organisation is it? What is their mode of operation, make enquiries from other staff at Ur office and ask if they all faced the same thing. If not find Ur way bro.

God will provide another better job for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Cladez(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
Do you need to be told .

If they don't do the needful just pack and leave.

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by uscofield: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
If you have colleagues, ask
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Standardcosting(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

I was employed in a company on the 8th of January 2018, i was told by my employers that i will be on probation for 3months, and i will be receiving starting salary pending the time probation will end, then i will start receiving my normal salary.

My probation period ended 8th April 2018, but no appointment letter was issued to me and nothing was said about it, am still paid my starting salary instead of normal salary, I sent an email to my employer and she said the test isnt over yet, its the 6month now, pls guys what should I do
In Nigerian law... if u are still engaged after 6 months.. you have already become a staff

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by chloride6: 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

Start looking for another job my guy.

No even dull am?

Just consider yourself unemployed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Tunmise100(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
I worked in an HMO as a Data management executive and was placed on probation for 3 months. Yet, i was paid. The organization is simply using you because they might have noticed how desperate you are in keeping the job or they believe they pitied you by offering you a job in the first place.

OP WAKE UP AND GERRAHOUT OF THERE MEHN!

14 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by dnawah(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

wait till then,probation is 6 months in my company.

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by kingthreat(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Share your cvs more
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by bus1: 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin grin grin
Don't worry, be patient, keep working hard.
In 10 YEARS time, the test will be over .....

2 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Tunmise100(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
[quote author=dnawah post=68966239]wait till then,probation is 6 months in my company.

Do they pay you?
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by adekhingz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin there's really nothing to worry about as long as the firm you work for carries out a lawful business. Normally, 6 months is the probation period for most firm. But some firm will not adjust your pay until end of the year after a general staff appraisal. You will do yourself good if you ask a stalite colleague how your own company operates.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by BruncleZuma: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Your job is a sleazy den of trustphobic individuals.

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Curry30: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Clearly, the are taking advantage of your desperation for the job. As one commented above me, demand to see your employer. Ask questions but maintain a happy demeanor. By the way be actively searching for another job.

God help you bro!
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Dutchey(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
scatter tinz 4 them
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by jomoh: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
Just wait for the six months but be on the lookout for other jobs
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Iseoluwani: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
drop that job and go into rabbits farming 08143412574.
which kin kountry be this... why treat ourselves like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Iseoluwani: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
drop that job and go into rabbits farming 08143412574.
which kin kountry be this... why treat ourselves like this

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Opinionated: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

You experiencing exploitation.

You might be interested in this:

6 Ways to Achieve Financial Independence
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by deenee: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

Don't think it's a scam so long as you been paid. The thing is your employer might be trying to take advantage. Did you sign any offer letter when you started the job? Is the business s one man business? Do you have other colleagues? If yes ask them how their case was when they started work?

Scam implies that you are working and not been paid but in this case you are been paid. All the best
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by babadee1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

Start looking for another job fast. Probably they're not satisfied with your performance and they're trying to replace you.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Holocene(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Naija companies and their bullshit. Just thank God say they are paying you at least. Some would only give you TF every month and work you like a slave. Naija tire me. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluwaseyi Shorinola, Emmanuel Balogun, Rufus Akinyemi Get $391500 Research Grant / What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? / Oil Expatriates In Nigeria Are The Highest Paid In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.