Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice (1154 Views)

Advice: Should I Go For Medicine Or For A Masters? / ASUU strike has commenced home here i come - Meme Collection / I Am An Art Student. What Course Can I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Hello house, I am Tosh ( not my real name tho).

I need your advice and opinion on this one house.

I will be 27 years old this November, and to be honest with myself, i just feel like i'm utterly useless.

I left secondary school year 2008 but along the line i lost focus of where i was supposed to head in my life. I couldn't gain admission into any higher institution, i had no form of exposure or whatsoever or someone to guide me in life (although my parents are very much alive).
Year 2013 i tried FUTA's predegree program, but i failed both the school exam and jamb woefully so i decided to try Yabatech part time program.
I finished the program last year with a CGPA of 2.60 (Lower class) although i know that i put in my best but clearly my best wasn't good enough. I can't point to anything I've achieved in life.

I have no reasonable skills sets that can set me apart in the labour market, i still live with my parents and still eat their food without any form of contribution from me. I have no friends (I mostly keep to myself because I'm always ashamed of myself and progress in life), I currently have no job, at times i feel so frustrated that I sometimes contemplate suicide (but I thank God that He did not allow me to act on those thoughts).I am just so confused as to what to do next to make my life better.

Please guys, i need your moral advice. I genuinely want to put the pieces of my life back together again and be useful to my generation and people around me. But i don't know where to start from because I'm really confused with the state of my life at the moment.

I know this may not be the best of place to pour out my mind (cause its really killing me inside and outside) but i trust in the genuine comments of some good people in the house.

Thank you guys and God bless.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2018
“It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up"
The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing Bro
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2018
I wish you all the very best in life.
Go out, stop staying indoor, the devil uses the idle hand and mind you know.
Find a job to be doing, anyone (by the way, where are you based in the country?)
Cheer up.
Life is beautiful.
You have a great and wonderful future ahead of you.
Don't feel downcast my guy.
It will all end in praise.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2018
post=68956109:
I wish you all the very best in life.
Go out, stop staying indoor, the devil uses the idle hand and mind you know.
Find a job to be doing, anyone (by the way, where are you based in the country?)
Cheer up.
Life is beautiful.
You have a great and wonderful future ahead of you.
Don't feel downcast my guy.
It will all end in praise.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your comment, I'm based in Lagos.
I'll definitely follow your advice.
Thanks so much.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2018
DonDemu:
“It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up"

The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing Bro

Thanks bro. I'll put this quote to use.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by DoctorRo(f): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Get back on your feet and start dreaming again,"Most of life's failures are those who didn't know how close they were to success before giving up".

Have a new plan and start working towards it,I believe with discipline you'll achieved that which you planned.

Talking about what to do next, you can start learning a skill.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by empire2017(m): 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
my cousin bro was in ur shoe last yr though he has achieved something better than u. His short story.
He finished sec' school 2009,go further he said No,learn work he said No.He remained that way till 2010,my uncle came nd took him to onitsha where he work in hotel as an attandant.He was literary wise enough to save money he used to buy a tricycle [2) nd give it out on hire pushase while retaining the hotel work.Long story short,he entered tariff with the money generated from the tricycle nd manage in building a SOLID 3BED FLAT.He became fustrated when he lost the work in 2015. he stayed at home for 2yrs more nd in 2017,He made up his mind to go learn patient chemist.He is currently 28yrs nd we are encouraging him to marry this yr.The family are way supportive because he supportd during his earnings.Pls learn from him.Thanks
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by mankand(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
Venture into IT Bro, IT security is the future, you can get a good job anywhere in the world and also start your own Consulting firm if yiu don't want to work under anyone.

Learn programming also if you have passion.

On the other hand, you can get other skills to learn like interior design
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
DoctorRo:
Get back on your feet and start dreaming again,"Most of life's failures are those who didn't know how close they were to success before giving up".

Have a new plan and start working towards it,I believe with discipline you'll achieved that which you planned.

Talking about what to do next, you can start learning a skill.

Thank you so much. I'll put in more effort in disciplining myself.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
empire2017:
my cousin bro was in ur shoe last yr though he has achieved something better than u. His short story.
He finished sec' school 2009,go further he said No,learn work he said No.He remained that way till 2010,my uncle came nd took him to onitsha where he work in hotel as an attandant.He was literary wise enough to save money he used to buy a tricycle [2) nd give it out on hire pushase while retaining the hotel work.Long story short,he entered tariff with the money generated from the tricycle nd manage in building a SOLID 3BED FLAT.He became fustrated when he lost the work in 2015. he stayed at home for 2yrs more nd in 2017,He made up his mind to go learn patient chemist.He is currently 28yrs nd we are encouraging him to marry this yr.The family are way supportive because he supportd during his earnings.Pls learn from him.Thanks

Thank you.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
mankand:
Venture into IT Bro, IT security is the future, you can get a good job anywhere in the world and also start your own Consulting firm if yiu don't want to work under anyone.

Learn programming also if you have passion.

On the other hand, you can get other skills to learn like interior design

Funny enough, IT security is something I have a passion for, but unfortunately, I have not been able to get started, so I saw some advice online that anyone who wants to venture into IT security should first learn programming, so I started learning web development on www.w3schools.com but honestly I couldn't go further as I had a hard time concentrating and remembering the little I had learnt.

Please I would not mind you advising me on how and where to get started. I'm really determined to get back on my feet and get going.

Thank you.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by clems93(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
It is a good thing that you have passion for I.T. I will advise you enroll in a class where you pay and get trained on you desired skill set. It is true that you can learn any skill free online, but for someone who gets distracted easily, it will be best if you pay to learn. That way, you will be a bit serious with the training, knowing you paid for it; and also, the classes has a course outline that will discipline and guide you.
SO BASICALLY,
*IDENTIFY A SKILL SET OF INTEREST.

*MAKE A DELIBRATE EFFORT TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED TO LEARN THE SKILL.

*ENROLL IN A CLASS (ONLINE OR OFFLINE) AND FOLLOW THE OUTLINE RELIGIOUSLY.

*GET A MENTOR IN THE FIELD YOU HAVE INTEREST IN.

*DEVELOP YOURSELF AS WELL BY USING FREE GUIDES AND TIPS ONLINE.

FINALLY,I will tell you what I told someone who was in your shoe some years back... "your aim should be to learn something new daily. Add 1 new thing to what you already know daily. If you are able to achieve this daily,your life will be much different in a year"
All The Best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
clems93:
It is a good thing that you have passion for I.T. I will advise you enroll in a class where you pay and get trained on you desired skill set. It is true that you can learn any skill free online, but for someone who gets distracted easily, it will be best if you pay to learn. That way, you will be a bit serious with the training, knowing you paid for it; and also, the classes has a course outline that will discipline and guide you.
SO BASICALLY,
*IDENTIFY A SKILL SET OF INTEREST.

*MAKE A DELIBRATE EFFORT TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED TO LEARN THE SKILL.

*ENROLL IN A CLASS (ONLINE OR OFFLINE) AND FOLLOW THE OUTLINE RELIGIOUSLY.

*GET A MENTOR IN THE FIELD YOU HAVE INTEREST IN.

*DEVELOP YOURSELF AS WELL BY USING FREE GUIDES AND TIPS ONLINE.

FINALLY,I will tell you what I told someone who was in your shoe some years back... "your aim should be to learn something new daily. Add 1 new thing to what you already know daily. If you are able to achieve this daily,your life will be much different in a year"
All The Best

Thank you so much Sir. I really appreciate.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by Maj196(m): 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
As people said venture into I.T trust me that's the future. I envisage that in the near future alot of people will lose their jobs. But IT is here to stay am also into programming been a year now though and believe me am enjoying every bit of it. If you can't self learn like I do go out there and pay for it. Cheers!
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2018
Maj196:
As people said venture into I.T trust me that's the future. I envisage that in the near future alot of people will lose their jobs. But IT is here to stay am also into programming been a year now though and believe me am enjoying every bit of it. If you can't self learn like I do go out there and pay for it. Cheers!

Thanks I appreciate.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by toshibad(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello friends,
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196

Do you still remember me and my post @ around 30th of July this year?

I honestly followed your various advice strictly (though it was not easy and it cost me alot of cash thanks to my parents too) I can confidently say now that my life is back on track (better than my previous situation).

I went to a computer school in surulere and learnt web programming (PHP and MYSQL) and at the same time, I also went out to mix with people (thank God I did) in the process of doing that, I met with a man that promised me a job after the completion of my web programming class. He said all he wanted in me was the programmer locked deep inside of me.

I am here to testify that I got the job (although the pay is not that much, but its something), in a learning environment ( meaning that its a career job), I got an apartment (I am now staying alone, feeding and clothing myself and I am also responsible for my upkeep).

I can now see my life has a purpose and a meaning.

I really thank the Almighty God for making me come to this forum to voice out my frustration and sadness (if not I would have probably done something terrible o myself before now) and I also want to really appreciate @ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196
for making out time to encourage and advice me, I took everyone's advise to hearth and worked on them and today, here I am doing better than before and I have also made myself available to people around me who are in the same or similar shoes I was once in who need advice and counselling.

God bless you guys real good(Amen).

6 Likes

Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
So good to read this and the initial thread now.
I am happy your life has a new meaning now.
You have a great and wonderful future ahead of you young man.

1 Like

Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by clems93(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
toshibad:
Hello friends,
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196

I honestly followed your various advice strictly (though it was not easy and it cost me alot of cash thanks to my parents too) I can confidently say now that my life is back on track (better than my previous situation).

I went to a computer school in surulere and learnt web programming (PHP and MYSQL) and at the same time, I also went out to mix with people (thank God I did) in the process of doing that, I met with a man that promised me a job after the completion of my web programming class. He said all he wanted in me was the programmer locked deep inside of me.

I am here to testify that I got the job (although the pay is not that much, but its something), in a learning environment ( meaning that its a career job), I got an apartment (I am now staying alone, feeding and clothing myself and I am also responsible for my upkeep).

I really thank the Almighty God for making me come to this forum to voice out my frustration and sadness (if not I would have probably done something terrible o myself before now) and I also want to really appreciate @ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196
for making out time to encourage and advice me, I took everyone's advise to hearth and worked on them and today, here I am doing better than before and I have also made myself available to people around me who are in the same or similar shoes I was once in who need advice and counselling.

I am glad things are working well for you now. I am also glad you worked on yourself and didn't give up.
Happy to hear that you are helping others to discover themselves and become better.
Indeed, "what hasn't met you hasn't past you". Stay True, Stay Focused, Stay Committed.
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
toshibad:
Hello friends,
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196

@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196

Glad to know you're fine. God bless your hustle
Re: Where Do I Go From Here!!! I Need Your Advice by Hahjascho(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Happy for you for not giving up.

(1) (Reply)

Red Giant Trapcode Suite 15.1.8 Mac Crack / Hilarious NYSC Member Asking Funny Question / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.