Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Hello Saturday! It's Another Wedding Party By Tosan Tarre - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hello Saturday! It's Another Wedding Party By Tosan Tarre (351 Views)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor (2) By Tosan Tarre / The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / "The Houseboy" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hello Saturday! It's Another Wedding Party By Tosan Tarre by SynCityNg: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hello Saturday! It’s Another Wedding Party” by Tosan Tarre

Every Nigerian loves wedding ceremonies, no, that’s not right, every Nigerian loves wedding receptions and I am not afraid to generalize. You see, no one really likes to sit through three boring hours listening to the officiating minister drone on about cliche marital vows; no one and I daresay not even the couple because if you have very sharp eyes like mine, you might catch the groom dozing off every now and then.

There are two main reasons Nigerians love wedding receptions; one, everyone gets to show off their own style of the uniform asoebi on the dance floor and two, the food. We all look forward to the food. Jollof rice in particular.
On this day, my best friend and I were already seated at the reception hall. It was at a restaurant a stone’s throw from the church so the couple would have no difficulty or delay in getting here early.

Women in geles the color of grape juice were laughing and gisting, their voices blending with the noise from the speakers, men in filas greeting friends or typing something on their smart phones, little boys and girls dressed up in their very best running about with happy faces. It was the perfect ambience of a Nigerian party... http://syncityng.com/2018/06/30/hello-saturday-its-another-wedding-party-by-tosan-tarre/

(1) (Reply)

21 Days Mindset Change Challenge With Dr Jerry - The First / I Need Augustino Neto Poems / The Darkest Side Of Love - Final Episode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.