Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Cake - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Cake (353 Views)

Rehabilitation Is The Ice In The Cake Of Health Care Delivery--dr. Funke Akanle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cake by chucksbadt(m): 1:29am On Jul 01, 2018
This is a True story, but the names used here are Fictional

It all started on a Thursday morning. Quite different from every other Thursday i know. I just returned from my annual leave. Getting to the office, things felts a little different, a little change here and there, but oh well it took me some minutes and i was back in business.

Fast forward to the close of work, lets say 5:30pm, went to see my good friend Jones in the company flat to discuss an ongoing laptop deal, on getting to the room, i met other friends John, Monica and Alice. Then suddenly a cake arrived, looked like it was home baked and chocolate color, everyone in the room went for his/her share of the cake. The cake was being shared by John, serving a small piece to everyone. That looked suspicious to me but hey its just cake, what’s the worst that could happen? that was me thinking aloud.

I took my share of the cake outside with my friend Jones to discuss our deal. After eating the cake in his presence, i hinted him that the cake tasted weird like vodka, he said it’s the nature of the cake that the alcohol was added to preserve it. I was like ok, headed back to the room conversed for like 10 mins and then i had this weird feeling in my body that i couldn’t explain. I told John how i felt, he laughed and said i should go to my room and get some rest, i was like hope there’s nothing in this cake, he said no that’s its just cake.
Re: The Cake by chucksbadt(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2018
Fine i was now heading to my room when i bumped into James a colleague at work, he was like lets go watch the world cup game at a nearby bar tonight, i was like ok let me go change my shoes i’ll meet you at the gate. I actually told James about the cake i ate just for clarification sake, he laughed about it and told me everything will be alright. James later called my direct boss Tommy to join us, making us 3.

We boarded a taxi and headed to the spot. On getting there we took our spot close to the TV screen to get a good view of the game. Game on, we ordered our favorite beers, i took a bottle of STAR. I poured just little into my glass and i started drinking, took barely 3 sips of beer and funny things started happening.

Everything seemed so slow around me. I have watched the game for barely 10 minutes but it felt i have watched the whole 90 minutes. The game timer was extremely slow. I went to the bathroom to pee, on my way back from the bathroom, i called John and asked again; dude what was in that cake? He still insisted that it was just cake. At this point i was confused as the feeling was getting worse in my body.
Re: The Cake by chucksbadt(m): 1:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Rejoined James and Tommy on the table, pepper soup just arrived. I told James i wasn’t feeling alright that my tongue was dry, tommy suggested i find somewhere to throw up, he felt i had too much alcohol in my system but on the other hand i had barely had less than a quarter bottle of beer. I ordered for bottled water, but i could barely drink. Now i was certain something was wrong

I gradually started passing out while saying the following words repeatedly “guys I’m not feeling alright”. This was the scariest moment of my life, i saw myself leaving my body, it was as if i was trapped in a black box. I could hear everything being said but i was unresponsive. Heard Tommy slapping my face/hitting my chest and telling me to wake up, all to no avail. Heard people in the bar telling them to lie me down flat. Heard them carrying my unconscious body to the front of a car wash. Someone now shouted “pour am water”. A full bucket of water was poured on me, it didn’t work. The second bucket followed next and God will have it, i sprang up to life.

I screamed, i was trapped in that black box for like 5 mins. I begged them to keep pouring me water because it seems anytime the water stops my body starts falling apart again. Crowd gathered and were just looking. Some praying, some just looking, some giving suggestions.
Re: The Cake by chucksbadt(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2018
Faith will have it, we met another colleague at the drinking spot, he came with his car. He carried me, James and Tommy in his car to a nearby hospital across the road. I was shivering, hands and legs were vibrating seriously. Got to the hospital, main doctor wasn’t around. Was finally attended to by a student doctor.

OMG…i wish the story ended here. The student doctor was preparing to give me drip, in the process of looking for my vein in my left wrist the doctor put the injection in my innocent wrist seven (7) times, i felt every inch of pain in the process, i had no choice at this point, too weak to shout.

Two (2) set of drips and some sedative was flushed into my system before i finally gained partial consciousness.

Took me two days to fully recover.

Remember Alice? She was also in the room with me when i ate that cake. She passed out too, i found out from James. Surprisingly Jones, John and Monica ate the remaining cake and nothing happened to them.

Till today i still can’t confirm the content of the cake. Jones, John and Monica still insist its just cake.
Re: The Cake by chucksbadt(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2018
Cc
lalasticlala
ominique
Sissy3

(1) (Reply)

Control Blood Sugar With Neem Tea Plus Vernonia Bitters. / Desi Ghee Healthy Or Unhealthy? | Does Ghee Lose Weight Or Gain Weight? / Perianal Abscess - How It Can Be Managed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.