Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Igboland And Yorubaland - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igboland And Yorubaland (5510 Views)

A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
selemempe:
nyen nyen nyen noise. U should know this now...as far as we are under one nigeria, ikwere is not igbo...but if any event happens in d future and nigeria collapses, ikwerre and ph would be joined fully with igboland.

Why do u think that after many years, the igbos have refused to stop calling ikwerre ppl igbo? It is because we want to keep the debate alife. If nigeria falls, ikwerre as a distinct tribe falls with it. Thank God igbos dominate p.h

Why u minorities from ss cant hands off ikwerre and p.h is wat i dont know. Its not as if u guys dont have access to ocean.
keep dreaming kid.
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by selemempe: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
prolog2:
keep dreaming kid.
dreamers rule the world
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
selemempe:
dreamers rule the world
most of them end up in mental asylums though
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by selemempe: 12:01am On Jul 18, 2018
prolog2:
most of them end up in mental asylums though
but quite a few change the world
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by Phatmyk(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2018
OlaoChi:

I maintain those aren't itsekiri names.. You can break them down etymologically and prove how they are itsekiri names... Still doesn't change the fact that itsekiri is a Yoruba dialect

Only the royal family are from Bini.. And even the royal family of bini are from yorubaland

The general common people of itsekiriland are majorly from Ilaje and Ijebu areas

1 Like

Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by OlaoChi: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
fero007:

wey you, we minorities feed this country, so call us with respect

and pH is not Igbo dominated, Igbos don't own a grain of sand in ph, ph is shared between d ikwerres and d ijaws. and I mean main ph town itself, I stay in ph so if you tell me odawise I'll know ur lying
so because you are a minority you want everybody to be minority like you. Same way you are saying Efik and Ibibio do not belong together when everybody calls them 'calabar people'
I now see your sinister motive
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by nengibo: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
selemempe:

I have been going about reading ur posts on nairaland...about tribe and identity.
As far as Nigeria is still one, Rivers Igbo and Delta Igbo can claim any ethnicity or origin...nobody is dragging igbo with them.

But if Nigeria ever breaks up, let me tell u the simple truths that u can take to the bank
1. Every igbo speaking area will be part of Igboland.

2. ...no igboland will be allowed to go into a Niger Delta Republic.

3. What the ikwere or the ika say is irrelevant...we know for a fact that all igbos do not have the same origin. So ikwere or ika folklore about origin has nothing to do with them being igbo or not.

4. Its a matter of survival for the igbos...if we wont get the old biafran map, we would definitely have to get the full Igbo map...down to opobo. because without it we would be landlocked. If having igbo rivers or igbo delta is not a matter of survival for ss minorities...then best hands off on them. We die here.

5. You can call us land grabbers, biafrans (shake your head) or say every tribe hates us.. but how come we are not claiming ibibio or ijaw or bini or any of the many tribes that surround igboland? Why are we only claiming igbo speakers in ss?

6. We know for a fact that anioma and ikwere would have been proudly igbos if they were all carved into south east by gowon.

7. A repeat of point 4. If Nigeria ever breaks up...igbos will only have 3 options
a. Get the full biafran map
b. Get the full Igbo map
c. Die trying

For now...claim anything u want...we are under one nigeria and thats not changing anytime soon
You can't claim a tribe, its not property,
2. Opobians and Ibani people in general have told you they are Ijaw, so yes you claiming other tribes because all these groups have said they're not ibo, so go to court as tribe na property and continue your claims
Re: Igboland And Yorubaland by fero007: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
OK enlighten us, what makes a particular set of people to be the same tribe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gorgeous Big Booty East African Women / Richest State In Igbo Land; You’ll Be Surprised / Unique Kalabari Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.