Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

How We Empowered SARS As Nigerians - Nairalander - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Empowered SARS As Nigerians - Nairalander (353 Views)

Nigerian Shot Dead By Ghana Police, As Nigerians Protest In Ghana / Video Of Two Oyinbo Ladies Fighting Goes Viral As Nigerians React / Ruggedman Warns SARS ,As He Gives Details Of The Disruption Of Jaywon's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Empowered SARS As Nigerians - Nairalander by Easzy96(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2018
Ok… I was moved by certain circumstances to write about this particular topic. Let us move to this present day. If we are to do a survey right now, out of every ten Nigerian youth, seven out of them has being victimized by the police (SARS). Personally I have, several times. There’s this one time that I was accused of hanging out with a beautiful girl. One of the officers was saying “how are you going to manage this kind fine girl if you no be yahoo boy”. Funny right?
I bet everybody has a SARS story to tell. But how did this shenanigan started, how did we give these set of people the power to override us anyhow they pleases. To treat us anyhow they like.
It all started when the government created an affiliate department from the Nigerian police force called SPECIAL ANTI-ROBBERY SQUAD, SARS.
As the name implies, “Anti-Robbery Squad” Meaning there job is to deal with cases related to Robbery and Kidnapping. Ehm.. At first they were very diligent in doing what they were asked to do. i.e fighting crimes and keeping the society safe. But all these came to an end, when the citizens of this country started using the federal SARS for there selfish reasons. When I say selfish reasons what do I mean?
Given the fact that SARS was given some level of power with a defined jurisdiction, some citizens saw this as an opportunity to use them as the prosecutors, the judge and the punisher. i.e whenever they have a fight or quarrel with somebody, instead of going to the police to report, they go to the SARS with their cash and they will get their biased justice that way.
Then we start seeing family members calling SARS to settle land dispute.
Somebody chop your eye for street, you call SARS,
Landlord calling SARS to evict stubborn tenant,
The one that I even saw that wowed me the most was when I saw a father that called SARS to teach his wayward son a lesson.
Seeing all these, this made the special anti-robbery squad fell out of their jurisdiction and they were never call to order by the authorities, and that was how this menace started, when they know they are the alpha and omega, and nobody can stop them. Not even the police force.
Hence, when I saw that ENDSARS campaign, I just laughed. We created a monster we cannot control. A wild dog on a loose. It will bite its owner, friends and families. Only the almighty and the presidency can save us from this mess we put ourselves in.
Read some cases where citizen use sars for there selfish reasons: https://9jalife.com.ng/empowered-sars-nigerians/

2 Likes

Re: How We Empowered SARS As Nigerians - Nairalander by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2018
You are on point.........!
Re: How We Empowered SARS As Nigerians - Nairalander by EbukaHades10(m): 8:19am On Jul 01, 2018
The day SARS will stop doing wetin dem no send them,na that day I go .........

(1) (Reply)

INEC Nigeria Releases State On PVC Sales By China Based Company Online / How Jobless Uncle Remanded Was In Kirikiri... / Generator Repairer Arrested For Molesting Two Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.