Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Setup A Simple LAN. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Setup A Simple LAN. (1042 Views)

Buy Your MIFI Router With LAN Port / CAT 6 and CAT 6E LAN Cables For Your Netwoking Needs / Contact Me For Your LAN Networking And VOIP Solutions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup A Simple LAN. by popefrank2016(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2018
LAN is a group of computers devices that are connected in a way to share a common communications wired or wireless link to a particular server. When a computer network is connected to communicate within a certain geographical location, a LAN is formed. In setting up a computer LAN, it is very important to consider the connecting medium whether wired or wireless as their setup methods are entirely different. I will be taking you along with the wired communication in this article, which i will be guiding you throughout the simple setup. A correctly installed network will exchange data at a speed of 100Mbps. A star topography is considered to be the most appropriate topography for this kind of setup.

Required Materials For The Setup:
Computer with a LAN card.
Crimped Cables.
Switch.
How To Setup The LAN Connection.
Step One: Power on the switch and the computer systems

Step Two: Connect the cables to the switch port and the computer network ports, remember to note the switch indicators and the computer network card LED and the connection status.

Step Three: go to the control panel through the start button and click on the network connections.

Step Four: Double click on the Ethernet LAN  adapter icon to set up your configurations.

Step Five: On the general tab, double click on the internet protocol (TCP/IP) radio button, then set your IP  configuration according to the appropriate private IP address chosen for your connection. set up your IP and subnet mast only, then click OK to save your configuration.

Step Six: Check your  network status indicator bar, and move on.
See All:www.manyloaded.com

(1) (Reply)

Hp 8640 Core I7, 1gb Dedicated, Double Battery Needed Urgently / Want To Buy A Printer? 5 Things To Consider When Buying A Printer / Mcafee.com/activate | Www.mcafee.com/activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.