Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason (1680 Views)

Bode Okundayo, UNIBEN Lecturer Accused Of Raping 400 Level Student In His Office / Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by sammirano: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Her story :

My name is Lydia Lawal, I studied Economics at Federal University lokoja.
After 4 years of blood and sweat my university handed me an expulsion letter unjustly. Please I want all well meaning Nigerians to help share my story till we get justice.
I gained admission to Federal University lokoja in 2013, I had to work in Lagos during the long vacations to pay my school fees. And from my first semester to 400 level first semester I was on second class upper with a 4 point cgpa. The issue that led to the expulsion of 13 students in my class started during my final exams when there was an alleged examination leakage where some students were said to have bought questions from a driver. I happened to be the departmental president at the time of the crises and I was called by my head of department to answer some questions concerning the issue which I knew nothing about (prior to my exams I lost my kid brother which made me lose interest in social gatherings, I kept to myself through out the exams). All this happened last year we called back in October to rewrite all our papers under 4 days with less than a week's notice. The university management refused to release the result of the new exam, refused to convok my department with others and didn't mobilize us for NYSC. I was shocked that after almost 9months the university management called 13 of us which includes the best student in my class with a cgpa of 4.9 to come and pick up an expulsion letter, and our names pasted all over the school as expelled students. The Vice chancellor claims that as long as you were invited to the exam malpractice committee, then it's enough reason to believe one is involved.Please I am asking for an human right activist to take up our case. My mother is a poor widow that cannot afford the services of a lawyer.
Please don't let this injustice be swept under carpet , we believe they are playing politics with our lives.
Contact number: 08089609169

2 Shares

Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by Kingpee2(m): 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2018
Do you have any witness from your own side ,that’s the only way you can get justice if not ,the case is dead ..
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by Alejoc(m): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
If this is the true situation of things then this is a very unfair decision and wish justice comes your way soon!
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by footballflaver: 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
Lalasticlala someone needs your little help

1 Like

Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by dprpikin: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 02, 2018
Hahaha,

Beware the danger of a one sided story
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by LordsApostle: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2018
dprpikin:

Even without any witness, if the school do not tender incriminating evidence that is beyond reasonable doubts, then the expulsion would be reversed by a higher authority.

I would also advise you pray earnestly. There is nothing God cannot do, i.e if you are truly innocent.

What has the God done for Nigeria despite several prayers, the foolishness killing black man no get part 2
madam, from what u have said so far, your school authorities have absolutely nothing OK n you, as they have no evidence or what so ever to point.
If u have the means, get urself a lawyer and write the school, them go seat up.
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by dkronicle(m): 4:37am On Jul 02, 2018
Just pray so your condition gets to a higher authority
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by MVLOX(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2018
lets wait to hear the other side of the story
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by KingLennon(m): 5:52am On Jul 02, 2018
Why did they allow u guys to re-sit the exams again? Why wait up till 9months before serving u the letter? Sue their ass but u must get evidence to back up ur facts
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by esorison(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2018
sammirano:
Her story :

My name is Lydia Lawal, I studied Economics at Federal University lokoja.
After 4 years of blood and sweat my university handed me an expulsion letter unjustly. Please I want all well meaning Nigerians to help share my story till we get justice.
I gained admission to Federal University lokoja in 2013, I had to work in Lagos during the long vacations to pay my school fees. And from my first semester to 400 level first semester I was on second class upper with a 4 point cgpa. The issue that led to the expulsion of 13 students in my class started during my final exams when there was an alleged examination leakage where some students were said to have bought questions from a driver. I happened to be the departmental president at the time of the crises and I was called by my head of department to answer some questions concerning the issue which I knew nothing about (prior to my exams I lost my kid brother which made me lose interest in social gatherings, I kept to myself through out the exams). All this happened last year we called back in October to rewrite all our papers under 4 days with less than a week's notice. The university management refused to release the result of the new exam, refused to convok my department with others and didn't mobilize us for NYSC. I was shocked that after almost 9months the university management called 13 of us which includes the best student in my class with a cgpa of 4.9 to come and pick up an expulsion letter, and our names pasted all over the school as expelled students. The Vice chancellor claims that as long as you were invited to the exam malpractice committee, then it's enough reason to believe one is involved.Please I am asking for an human right activist to take up our case. My mother is a poor widow that cannot afford the services of a lawyer.
Please don't let this injustice be swept under carpet , we believe they are playing politics with our lives.
Contact number: 08089609169

Are you on twitter
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by sammirano: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2018
esorison:

Are you on twitter

It's not my story.
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2018
Matters like this usually take a Long time to get resolved. I would advice you either find a way to 'rub mind' with the HOD n VC or just forget about the school entirely.
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by Ajeigbehot: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2018
She is no more in studentocracy power! cry cry She have to be prayerful and proceed appeal before the Governing council if she's indeed a comrade and innocent. If you didn't win that's another process
Re: 400 Level Student Of The Federal University Lokoja Expelled See Reason by jidxin(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2018
[quote author=Kingpee2 post=68990401]Do you have any witness from your own side ,that’s the only way you can get justice if not ,the case is dead ..[/quote what are you saying? Which witness] He who alleges must prove. So the burden lies on them not her

(1) (Reply)

“I’ll Pay You 100m If You Prove I Threatened You”- Reno To Don Davies Mother / [uk] The Oxford Nigeria Scholarship In African Studies / Naoc Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.