Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements (29462 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements / Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday / Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by IgboBasthard: 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
thedondada:
Taxes

I hope the vehicles will be checked and duly.vleared not the pay and collect paper kind of crap that goes on everywhere

Huge fines loading

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by PearlStreet(m): 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
IgboBasthard:

You are a fool! Compare your father to Buhari first..

Buhari is a product of Nigeria's defective system of leadership. In saner climes, Buhari is not mentally qualified to even greet my father good morning.

I don't know about your father. It's possible Buhari actually is more intelligent than your father. I suspect that's the case and I won't reduce myself to having a vituperative exchange with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Omo Igbo, shiioosh!
Stupid thing. I am not Igbo and I am also not a scum like you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Bhol28: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Weird they have license plate, knoe it was registered in Kano and even know it changed ownership 13 times. I wonder how the current owners info slipped past them.

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Imagine
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by IgboBasthard: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Weird they have license plate, knoe it was registered in Kano and even know it changed ownership 13 times. I wonder how the current owners info slipped past them.

Be smart. So you expect the commissioner to name the owner in public? So that people can go and attack or linch him?

It's a no brainer. Think smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by PearlStreet(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Oya compare my father to Buhari.....olofo!

One thinks like a cow, the other thinks less than a cow. Which of them is your father?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by oluwasegun007(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
Always reactive rather than being proactive...
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by bart10: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
Quick response. Sensible governance unlike the presidency under bubu tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

.......RUBBISH......

How can a whole Nigeria be epitome of stupidity.

Is high time we wake up from our sleep and face the reality.

Okay, Nigeria did not convert a truck that was designed to carry a 15 ton rig drilling machine to a 30 ton fuel tanker. Average citizens like you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
Road worthiness certificate? Lagos is to make profit out of this situation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by HomeOfMe(f): 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/274549-lagos-govt-announces-preliminary-finding-into-ghastly-accident-restricts-tankers-movements.html

If the ports in other states become operational,tanker and trailer accidents would reduce because they'd cease to ply the highways frequently. But no! The owners of the tankers especially are in the corridors of power-mostly politicians and some govt contractors.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Carparts888(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by josite: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
Obinoscopy:
They even had time to take group pictures.....I see.
thanks for noting the imbecillic posturing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by victordaimond: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
why do the government have to doctor every news...up to 50 cars was ablaze more 20 people lost their life but you see stupid news site saying only 9 died ....this not fair on the dead it so hideous denying the dead their place .
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by EmmyDJourno: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Which company owned the truck, and hope they have a third party insurance, cause payment must be made for the damaged properties and lost lives

This country is a joke
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by chosenwan1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Sadly true
PearlStreet:
After a careful consideration of the level of governance in Lagos under Ambode and it's impressive response to issues compared to the mediocre government of Buhari, I have come to the unavoidable conclusion that Buhari is not mentally qualified to be a conductor in Oshodi not to talk of being a Councillor in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by murmee: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Timinho23:
A typical Nigerian bureaucracy is REACTIVE and not PROACTIVE. All these rules would never had even be thought of, if the accident hadn't happened.
What makes you think even these 'Reactive' policies will be implemented. The person that called Nigeria a shxxhole country knows what he was saying!
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Mydazz(m): 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
Me, I'm just sit ting here like the idiot that I am, wondering how they know the truck has changed ownership 13 times but are still investigating who the present owners is,...... Please dont mind me, I'm that dumb

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by VULCAN(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
The implication of that statement is either they don't want to release the name so they can arrest the owner surreptitiously or the owner is a Born To Rule so they have to close the case quietly

Blue3k2:

1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Mack did not build the tanker.

They built only the truck. And then when it got to Nigeria the brainiacs started using a 15-ton truck to haul a 30-ton load. They then performed other modifications to convert it into other than the designed purpose by the factory. I bet they never contacted Mack to help them reconfigure the vehicle.

This vehicle should never be called a Mack again.

"truck was designed as a 14,959kg (approximately 15 ton) drilling rig with low bed, but it was converted in Nigeria from a drilling rig to fuel tank carrier to carry 30 tonnes"

Basically the heavy duty variant of the jokers who sell panel beaten salvage cars

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Road worthiness certificate? Lagos is to make profit out of this situation

Everyone in lag with a car pays for a roadworthiness certificate. Ambode may however push for a real and proper certification this time. The tanker drivers are in an indefensible position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by DrObum(m): 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hope there would be physical inspection of the trucks before being certified road worthy, not drivers going to the offices to collect certificates and pay for them without the officers siting the trucks.
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by elizilliams: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
HMMM!! medicine after death.

Now those at the Ministry Of Transportation where this certification will take place, will start/continue to collect bribe, create delay through the normal bureaucratic system and terrible paper work.

We should expect fuel scarcity in Lagos soon because those NNPC guys will down tools or delay delivery to cause mishap and hardship for everybody.

We will be the one begging them to start work and condemn govt actions. This govt is a failed one. Death! Death!! Murders everywhere.
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
Did they have to wait for such an atrocity to happen, before they acted?

Our problem is not lack of laws, but proper enforcement methods........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by TheOc: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2018
Trust official to still issue the certificate to rickety and one sided looking trucks.
Another money spinning machine for some officials.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by PotatoSalad(m): 12:15am On Jul 02, 2018
They only wait for accidents to Happen before taking necessary actions
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by Dollabiz: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2018
ohh
Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by dadada98: 2:05am On Jul 02, 2018
grin cool

Re: Lagos Announces Preliminary Findings Into Accident, Restricts Tanker Movements by dadada98: 2:06am On Jul 02, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fly Emirates Airlines Commence Flight Operations At New Terminal In Abuja - Pics / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.