Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. (2654 Views)

Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. / Fairly Used (europe/asia) Laptops In Alaba Market, Lagos / Buy At Alaba International(phone Accessories, Empty Rewriteable Cd And Dvd)etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2018
They almost swindled me of my money when I went there to purchase electronics.My first time of visiting alaba international market to purchase an electronic was the last time I would ever go there,i was approached by a guy on the road after I alighted from keke napep.I initially didn't want to follow him but after he said he would take me to a warehouse where they off-load fairly used goods from the containers I decided to give him a try.I was then taken to a shop inside the market where they sold fairly used electronics.I bargained with the seller, an Ibo man and paid the agreed money and a receipt was issued to me.To my surprise a strange guy accosted me on the way and wanted to snatched the electronic from me.As I was dragging the electronic with him he brought out my money and asked me to allowed him take back the electronic that it was worth more than that price I bargained for.I asked him to first count the money before I collect it.As he counted the money ₦3k was short.I told him if the money was not complete he would not get the electronic back.He eventually completed the money and I refunded the electronic back to him.
Please be very careful when going to alaba international market because most of the ibo traders there are criminals.

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by somadinho10: 6:44am On Jul 03, 2018
comshots:
They almost swindled me of my money when I went there to purchase electronics.My first time of visiting alaba international market to purchase an electronic was the last time I would ever go there,i was approached by a guy on the road after I alighted from keke napep.I initially didn't want to follow him but after he said he would take me to a warehouse where they off-load fairly used goods from the containers I decided to give him a try.I was then taken to a shop inside the market where they sold fairly used electronics.I bargained with the seller, an Ibo man and paid the agreed money and a receipt was issued to me.To my surprise a strange guy accosted me on the way and wanted to snatched the electronic from me.As I was dragging the electronic with him he brought out my money and asked me to allowed him take back the electronic that it was worth more than that price I bargained for.I asked him to first count the money before I collect it.As he counted the money ₦3k was short.I told him if the money was not complete he would not get the electronic back.He eventually completed the money and I refunded the electronic back to him.
Please be very careful when going to alaba international market because most of the ibo traders there are criminals.
what is this electronics that does not have name..... OP are you sure it's not a gun

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by damola1: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2018
I concur. Waste of time n money.

One time wanted to buy tv. Contacted some tv guy on nl. Told me go to this shop and that shop..

Wash. Came back. Ordered online jejely.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by hisgrace090: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2018
Umu NNE anyi ndi oso afia!

I fear them like plague cause they're the problem in every market they operate, in fact they're criminas in disguise.
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by menix(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2018
OP, can u just shut up!!
Look at ur story nd tell me if u re not Dull...

U met a market tout nd he took You somewhere, were u bought an electronic at a stolen price nd within ursef, you thought u had outsmarted them abii
Onye ara chad..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by tugrow(m): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2018
menix:
OP, can u just shut up!!

U met a market tout nd he took You somewhere, were u bought an electronic at a stolen price nd within ursef, you thought u had outsmarted them abii
Onye ara chad..
kored, some people when the hear of alaba international market, the think it a landing ground for manner grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2018
somadinho10:
what is this electronics that does not have name..... OP are you sure it's not a gun
It's a LCD television.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by onward4life(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2018
Alaba is a trade heaven.

My pain they allowed tiffs to walk on freely.

Acct Name: *Uchechukwu dim*

Every Kobo yu make this year, would be used for mourning in ur family from generation to generation.

And it's even just the start

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2018
menix:
OP, can u just shut up!!

Onye ara chad..
I was taken to an electronic shop inside the market.The LCD was even tested and it was working.I noticed trader wrote"Not tested" in the receipt he issued to me.His plan was to swap the working LCD to a condemn one without my knowledge.But I was very alert.Because I was smarter he decided to refund my money back.

13 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2018
menix:
OP, can u just shut up!!

Onye ara chad..
So alaba market is a home of stolen goods?Now I know better.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2018
My advise is that you should not buy a TV or DVD that is already wrapped with transparent nylon at alaba market.The panels have been swapped and stacked with fufu.Or you should avoid buying anything there.
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by StPete: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2018
So because of one bad experience caused by yourself, you decide to condemn a multi billion dollar industry. I smh for you. Truth is, whether you condemn from now till tomorrow, millions of Nigerians and Africans will still go to Alaba to trade. Just pick your L and learn from it
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2018
StPete:
So because of one bad experience caused by yourself, you decide to condemn a multi billion dollar industry. I smh for you. Truth is, whether you condemn from now till tomorrow, millions of Nigerians and Africans will still go to Alaba to trade. Just pick your L and learn from it
So many victims have been scam in that market.When i narrated my experience to my colleagues they started telling their experience when they also went there to buy stuffs as well.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Rhaspody(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2018
I'm scared of getting robbed in that mkt and I'm very familiar with main market onitsha
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2018
comshots:
those guys are thieves, you are lucky you had walked out of their store, else, you would ve parted with more money. I was a victim, and so are two of my friends. After paying for an item, they seize it along with your cash, and ask for more money, or offer you a faulty replacement. Funny thing is that they work with the market task force. So you are left with little or no option.

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2018
DBlackCeazer:
those guys are thieves, you are lucky you had walked out of their store, else, you would ve parted with more money. I was a victim, and so are two of my friends. After paying for an item, they seize it along with your cash, and ask for more money, or offer you a faulty replacement. Funny thing is that they work with the market task force. So you are left with little or no option.
My colleagues said i was lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by hisgrace090: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
Go and thank God!
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by skylarr: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hmmmmm.. ..... I wonder why most Ibo people find it extremely difficult to transact honest, clean business. Smh undecided

8 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by ogedengbeakogun: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2018
If this is true... Then am disappointed in yiibo business men
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Dhayor001(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
Alaba Int Market.

Sigh.

Schooled close to this place, live closer too.

As much as this market is wide and diverse, your chances of getting scammed is so high, you could actually get scammed multiple times the same day.

It is almost like a way of life there, and its all jungle. Forget say you sabi person, almost everybody there will scam you given the chance.

Fake items be like pure water there. Stolen items? Don't even get me started.

Best option is to just put your trust in God. That's the only way out.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by nymphomaniac(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
What a tale.

The only thing I don't like with the OP's post and what most of u guys have written is d fact that it's Igbos that scam. Scamming not get tribe o.
Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by ewizard1: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2018
skylarr:
Hmmmmm.. ..... I wonder why most Ibo people find it extremely difficult to transact honest, clean business. Smh undecided
Most of them can not... it's built in!

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by trychris: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
I met one of those 'Baranda' boys today. He accosted me after I had earlier rebuffed an overture from one. He took me upstairs where one guy was waiting. During our discussion, he said he had a shop which he would take me to but when I queried him on which of the shops belong to him after walking into two shops with flats TVs well wrapped and attractive, he said he brings people to the shop owned by his 'brother' grin And when one of the thug like 'brothers' popped up speaking Yoruba, I sensed those good looking TVs were baits. They will offer you prices that are below the real value of what you see, don't let that sense of joy take the better part of you. Just take a walk and never look back.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by dangoteinlaw: 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
It's gud someone else is confirming this too, Alaba is filled with criminals. Even when I went to get army guys from ojo Baracks they told me that they receive nothing less than 5 complaints daily against Alaba boyz.....I would rather take my chances with olx or jumia than go to those thieves

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by trychris: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
I don't believe all the traders are criminals but let your sixth sense guide you. wink

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by persius555(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
skylarr:

A lot of igbos do clean business, just a few bad eggs here and there. On a serious note, Alaba market needs some serious cleansing. You are most likely to run into the illegitimate business men than the legitimate.

First line of defense, never let a tout show you around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2018
trychris:
I don't believe all the traders are criminals but let your sixth sense guide you. wink
The traders are criminals because they connived with the touts by allowing them access to their shops to perpetrate crimes.They get their shares later from those touts.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Repair All Electronic Gadgets: LED, LCD Etc. Home Service Available. / USA Used Mint Iphone Xs Max 64GB / Mint Blackberry Bold 1 Just Arrived!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.