Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique (428 Views)

Using Contextual Ads As Google Adsense Alternative / The Technique Of Building Brands And Boosting Sales With KEYWORDS (Part 1) / Facebook Announces Focus Areas For 2018, Users To See Less Public Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by hennyholla17(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2018
Ads placement is definitely the most popular way of monetizing your blog. One thing you don’t know is that ads placement is actually a back up or secondary monetization technique. I know you probably have never heard of this before.

Most bloggers will tell you to paste ads, apply for google AdSense , join different ad networks and you quickly join hoping to make a cool revenue from it.
Have you ever asked yourself this questions: How many times do I click ads? Why will I want to click ads?
When you actually reason it, you will see that ads are more of a way to save money rather than make money. What do I mean? Most ad networks offer a CPC of $1 or $1.5. Except Google AdSense which offers a CPC of up to $156 and that is better used on micro niches.

The average CTR rate of a blog is 20%. This is really poor compared to how much traffic you get. Let’s take Google AdSense as an example, if your ctr is up to 30%, you are at a huge risk of being suspended. Why? Because people don’t click ads. So Google thinks if that much people could click your ads then you are engaging in another form of fraud entirely.

What should I do?
Instead, go into a micro niche blogging and blog about what you love. People who visit micro niches are always looking for something very tangible and many don’t care about price. It’s better to sell your products or services on your micro niche blog provided the contents are related to your blog.
When you view this blog, for example, you find AdSense ads right? But it’s not my main monetization technique. I use a secret technique and it’s very confidential. I’m more of a writer than a webmaster but I have different blogs and write for other blogs too (as guest poster or staff writer).

I can tell you that the amount I make from AdSense per month is less than the amount I get on my writing job offers per week. My blogs are just proofs that I’m good at what I do. That’s the truth.
If you feel blogging is too more work, you can join nnu income program and get paid for reading news online.
So you can also find something you are good at. Let me help you further by listing a list of talents and how to monetize your blogs with them:
1. Graphic designing: Have a gallery on your blog, write about graphic design, show your visitors what you can do, hold a graphic design tutorial and people will pay to join.

2. Writing : Just like the owner of writers in charge, you can use your blog to give writing tips. Also, you can sell blog posts by just writing a pitch and details about the posts. Reach out to bloggers and business organizations everywhere.

3. Fashion designer : A gallery is really cool for this. Show your best designs in your gallery, have a social media page your customers can contact you on. Do affiliate marketing by writing a review on some fashion products then include your affiliate Link for people to order.

4. Web designer : This is easy, just give any web design tips you know. Stand out in your niche. If everybody is taking about seo, talk about sem. If everyone is focusing on HTML, talk about cms. Always be outstanding.

5. Brainiac/Genius : This is my favorite way to earn online. I love people who use this so much because they earn more than one can imagine. They typically run a school online. Just create a membership site where you teach people what you know. It may be maths, science, commerce, art or your own native language. People pay for knowledge so far it is well delivered. If one course is $100 per month and you have 10 students, you will be earning a whopping $1000 per month.

That’s more than the people who got first class in your department will earn on their first year in their various jobs. Gradually, you begin to grow and grow. From 10 students to 20 to 40 to 100 and you become a millionaire without being a lecturer or a vice chancellor. How sweet is that. I wish I was a genius… Lol.

6. Cook: Many people run food blogs and they always become huge blogs. How well can you cook? Many food bloggers show videos of them displaying their cooking skills on their blogs. Some of them get invited by high class individuals in the society because of their skills. You can also seek your recipes on your blog or advertise your catering service.

There are other ways but this is the one I could come up with for the time. If you rather focus on selling your services than getting people to click ads, you will make a huge income from your blog.

Sponsored posts on blogs are also good example of service people render on their blogs.
As far as I know, you are not the only blogger in your niche. What if someone had visited another blog related to your niche and has seen and clicked an ad before yours?

In fact, some ad networks won’t pay you and the most legit ones can be tedious to gain approval. So focus on what you do best and promote it on your blog. You never know who might need your service.
Share this post to your social media friends
Please share this post:

source: http://techpanda.com.ng/other-monetization-techniques-for-bloggers/
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by hennyholla17(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2018
You can check out how to make money as a graphics designer here http://techpanda.com.ng/how-to-make-money-online-as-a-graphic-designer/

Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by ade101(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2018
Nice article. I'm an advocate of content marketing... Anyway, your stats are wrong, CTR 20-30 percent, if that is possible, adsense would be the best monetization strategy. CTR is between 2-3%
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by hennyholla17(m): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2018
ade101:
Nice article. I'm an advocate of content marketing... Anyway, your stats are wrong, CTR 20-30 percent, if that is possible, adsense would be the best monetization strategy. CTR is between 2-3%
you are also right in ur way. I'm speaking based on my own knowledge
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by hennyholla17(m): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by thirtybillion: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2018
Affiliate marketing can also be a good strategy to monetise your site. If you have a set of skills, you can use your blog to promote it and get good income.
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by hennyholla17(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2018
thirtybillion:
Affiliate marketing can also be a good strategy to monetise your site. If you have a set of skills, you can use your blog to promote it and get good income.

yes. affiliate marketing is also very cool
Re: Why You Should Not Focus On Placing Ads As Your Best Monetization Technique by ade101(m): 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
hennyholla17:

you are also right in ur way. I'm speaking based on my own knowledge

� � � � this is not about knowledge, it's about research done by wordstream ; read more https://www.wordstream.com/average-ctr

(1) (Reply)

We Buy And Sell Facebook Groups / Payoneer Acc & Verified Adsense Account With Youtube Channel For Sale / Changing From To Dot Com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.