Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents (32393 Views)

Sec. School Girls Mob Male Student To Death For Sneaking Into Their Dormitory / Ogun Sec. School Student Squeezes Bo*bs Of Female Classmate In After-exam Photo / Law School Result: University Of Ibadan Produces 3 First Class Out Of Total Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Priscy01(f): 4:23am On Jul 04, 2018
Jake Okechukwu Effoduh, a Nigerian lawyer, has called on Nigerian parents not to allow their children get defined by the grades they obtain while in school.

Jake shared the photo above of his secondary school result in which he failed 9 subjects, including Maths and English Language, and despite the poor grades, has turned out to be a fine lawyer with five law degrees.

Read what he wrote;
"Dear parent, this was me at 12 years old. I failed 9 out of 15 subjects (including Maths and English) from a public school.

This result from 18 years ago didn’t define me then; and it obviously didn’t determine how I turned out. School isn’t a competition, it is a place for learning, play and growth. There’s more to life than an estimation of one’s academic performance. If you ask me: your child’s result should be taken as a receipt that you paid school fees, finish.

I am 30 years old now and I have bagged 5 university degrees in law from several Ivy League schools. This as well, should never matter! Life is not by the “where” and “what” you’ve done for yourself but by who you are and how it affects others."

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-with-5-law-degrees-shares-his-poor-secondary-school-result-as-he-cautions-parents.html

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Icecream4U(m): 4:26am On Jul 04, 2018
Did he bag those 5 degrees in Nigeria?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by RevenGeMission: 4:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Didn't share his degree's picture?

8 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by opera1(m): 5:06am On Jul 04, 2018
I am 30 years old now and I have bagged 5 university degrees in law from several Ivy League schools."

How do we believe this àbí?
OK I gat it :
1:" Degree in Twitter Law"
2: "Degree in snap chat Law"
3: "Degree in WhatsApp Law"
4: "Degree in Facebook Law"
5: "Degree in Instagram Law"

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by lenghtinny(m): 6:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Dunno why bloggers are always trying to make random people famous

2 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by footballflaver: 6:18am On Jul 04, 2018
The devil you know today maybe an angel tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2018
5 degrees ah God hmm. even if na 1 degree u get 4 me bless my BANK ACCT
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Venerable612(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2018
There is a lot to life than Academics and degrees.

Literacy should be the aim, which generally you should get after Sec/Ond/or if lucky a first degree.

It’s more important to teach our children to be street smart and know the art of building and exploiting relationships.

Trust me - they will be more successful than many PhD holders.

53 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 04, 2018
lenghtinny:
because they have no content
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by hardywaltz(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2018
Five degrees in Law?
Dunbelivit
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Do not think of the days of failure.
Don't think about how many times you fall.
Rise up, dust your self and move on.
Keep moving.....
Don't stop and see yourself at the TOP!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by pelicanbeau(f): 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Just like Ben Carson...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Optmus(m): 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Eye
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Priscy01:
Jake Okechukwu Effoduh, a Nigerian lawyer, has called on Nigerian parents not to allow their children get defined by the grades they obtain while in school.

Jake shared the photo above of his secondary school result in which he failed 9 subjects, including Maths and English Language, and despite the poor grades, has turned out to be a fine lawyer with five law degrees.

Read what he wrote;
"Dear parent, this was me at 12 years old. I failed 9 out of 15 subjects (including Maths and English) from a public school.

This result from 18 years ago didn’t define me then; and it obviously didn’t determine how I turned out. School isn’t a competition, it is a place for learning, play and growth. There’s more to life than an estimation of one’s academic performance. If you ask me: your child’s result should be taken as a receipt that you paid school fees, finish.

I am 30 years old now and I have bagged 5 university degrees in law from several Ivy League schools. This as well, should never matter! Life is not by the “where” and “what” you’ve done for yourself but by who you are and how it affects others."

Thanks for sharing

Guess PERSONAL motivation has a role to play in one's success...

Gotta love the polite teacher who still noted on the woeful report: "He is a good student"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Lazboy: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2018
lol
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Pavore9: 7:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Icecream4U:
Did he bag those 5 degrees in Nigeria?

His first degree.
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by divinelove(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2018
Lol

Liar

Why can't we see the law degrees or u just expect us to believe this nonsense like that.

Any way what have you done with the certificates and how much money have you made so far because you still look like a broke ass
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by cyndy1000(f): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2018
Most times Your past doesn't determine your future.

Inspiring Congratulations if it's True!

In other news today is my birthday can I get more love and likes

15 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by mayorjosh(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2018
Some commenters above are showing dumb ignorance and are wondering whether it's impossible to bag 5 degrees in the US

You think every educational system is bleeped up like the Nigerian educational system lol

He must have run two degrees concurrently and twice before bagging the last one which in give or take must have taken him a total of 11 years so better wake up and stop seeing life through the Nigerian eye and believe some things can't work because you haven't seen them do

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by NinaArsenal(f): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2018
He is right.
I was a slow learner in my academics while growing up, my class mates do make fun of me.
They refused to play with me.
My Mum will beat the hell outta me every end of the term coz Na me dey carry class for head.
But that did not stop me. I graduated with Upper Credit at Kaduna polytechnic.
Today I am serving my Father's Land and my mother is proud of me..
Planning to further my education after my nysc.

18 Likes

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by queenfav(f): 7:22am On Jul 04, 2018
Just remain where you bagged those law degrees. Except you want hunger to finish you, then you can come join our learned colleagues here collecting N1000 naira appearance fee and 20k salary. Thanking God for the decision to quit my law practice daily! I was really in bondage, for what? Peanuts!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by sirklin(m): 7:22am On Jul 04, 2018
lenghtinny:

Are you pained? Out of the random you weren't picked? Sorry!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by deepwater(f): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2018
Form Master Name : Mrs F. Ibrahim ( a concentrated Yoruba Muslim person)

No wonder she terrorised the lawyer when he was little with bad grades
Trying to kill his shine .
But the lawyer still seems confused though, he is cautioning parents instead of advising them not to send their wards to school with Yoruba Muslim as teachers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Pavore9: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2018
Hmm... Went through his LinkedIn profile

York University - Osgoode Hall Law School
Doctor of Philosophy - PhD, Law. 2017 - 2021

York University - Osgoode Hall Law School
Master of Laws - LLM, Law 2016 - 2017

University of Oxford
Master's degree, Law. 2013 - 2016

Nigerian Law School
Barrister at Law (BL), Law 2011 - 2012

University of Abuja
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Public and International Law. 2005 - 2010

University of Abuja
Diploma in Law, Law
2004 - 2006

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by deepwater(f): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2018
They have started hiding and deleting people's post and comment's.
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by deepwater(f): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2018
mayorjosh:

He must have run two degrees concurrently and twice before bagging the last one which in give or take must have taken him a total of 11 years so better wake up and stop seeing life through the Nigerian eye and believe some things can't work because you haven't seen them do

Uncle keep kwayet, it is obtainable in Nigeria just like that. I had friends that even ran more degrees simultaneously due to proximity. Physics and astronomy (UNN), Mat and Met (ESUT) while he was still applying to IMT to complete his HND in chemical engineering.

All the schools they inside one compound self grin
If u know u know.
042 things

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by OKUCHI11(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2018
opera1:

How do we believe this àbí? OK I gat it : 1:" Degree in Twitter Law" 2: "Degree in snap chat Law" 3: "Degree in WhatsApp Law" 4: "Degree in Facebook Law" 5: "Degree in Instagram Law"
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by israelmao(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2018
I am not here to doubt the authenticity of your 5 degrees but here to say,failure is never an end it is rather a bend to a glorious path in destiny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Oblongata: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2018
after all the 'f's the mumu teacher still wrote 'he is a good student', wetin dat one mean?

1 Like

Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by Folashade2016(f): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2018
Nice one. He didn't allow the results detect for him.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Man With 5 Law Degrees, Shares His Poor Sec. School Result; Cautions Parents by reesemachh(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2018
NinaArsenal:
He is right.
I was a slow learner in my academics while growing up, my class mates do make fun of me.
They refused to play with me.
My Mum will beat the hell outta me every end of the term coz Na me dey carry class for head.
But that did not stop me. I graduated with Upper Credit at Kaduna polytechnic.
Today I am serving my Father's Land and my mother is proud of me..
Planning to further my education after my nysc.

and u think you have arrived lmao ......Better go and sleep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday / Another Missing Person; UNILAG Diploma Female Student (images Below) / Does First Class Degree Guarantee One A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.