Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,225 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) (1770 Views)

Theory Or Truth (3) / Questioning The Concept Of Trinity / Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Last Thursday, the heat of the Otedola bridge tanker explosion was still very much felt throughout Nigerian cyber-space. What further aggravated the problem was the pray for Nigeria campaign it sparked off.

As expected there was mixed feelings about the whole campaign and i was one of the persons that spoke against such clueless campaign. We have been praying times and again after every tragedy yet another even deadlier tragedy occurs just after. This should be a call for more practical solution and not prayer.

Anyway that is not the point of this thread. Let me proceed with my story.

So, i made some posts on my WhatsApp status against the #PrayForNigeria campaign and ordinarily my friends reacted. Some felt the need to affirm that prayers worked which i did not argue against, some agreed with me, a particular friend of mine (female) whom i have not seen before, we just chat online argued against the premise and we got talking. I later made my intentions of not arguing on whatsapp known and she proposed that we met that day to sit and talk, i agreed.

In the afternoon she was at my house and we got a bit familiar with ourselves before proceeding with the discussion. The following lines highlights the premise of this topic.

After a few discussions about God, religion, prayer and all.

She asked me to explain to her, that she wanted to understand my perspective on Christianity, God and biblical positions.

"I want to tell you a story" I said. She smiled and paid apt attention to my impending story, so i began. "long ago when the world was still new, Chukwu (God) created humanity and everything was ok but it wasn't determined yet if man were to live forever or not" She adjusted herself and paid even closer attention.
"So God called the tortoise and the dog" Immediately i mentioned this line she lifted her face up and gave me that WTF look. I smiled and told her to relax, i wasn't finished with my story then proceeded.
"God gave the dog a package of immortality and the tortoise he gave a package of mortality, whoever delivers his first affects the turnout of man's reality on mortality. The dog is much faster than the tortoise so it sets out immediately with bullet speed, but on its way, it saw a pile of bones and thought to itself, let me eat and enjoy some bones, the tortoise cannot ever catch up. After the bones, he was tired and decided to take a little nap. He was still sleeping when the tortoise walked past him and thus delivered his package to mankind first and that is why mankind is prone to die"

She laughed.
I asked "You don't believe that right?"
She nodded in affirmation.
"Why?"

"Dogs and tortoise?, common, thats folklore" she replied.

I laughed and agreed. "But do you know that, that is the Igbo traditional story of what happened?"
She just laughed.

"All right, i will tell you another story" I said.
"So long ago, after God created heaven and earth, he created two humans and put them in a garden. Then he planted a tree and told them not to eat that particular tree but they can eat every other fruit there. Then the woman was taking a walk one day and the snake told her. "You know you won't die if you eat this fruit right?, God just doesn't want you to be like him" then the woman took the fruit and ate it, gave some to her husband and he ate it. and that is why snakes do not have legs today and humans are prone to die and women have pains during labour"

"do you believe this one?" i asked.
She paused for a while and burst into laughter.

How come you don't believe the former but you believe the later, they both had the same motif, style and theme?

She laughed again and kept quiet for a minute. After that i knew she had no much defense to muster up anymore, i just proposed we watch some african magic.

This story up there represents the point this thread presents. "Myth or truth' Most Christians or Muslims that'd read this almost certainly won't believe my story on dog and tortoise determining whether we live forever or not but they obviously believe stories that are just as ridiculous as mine.

A muslim would laugh at the Greek myth of Perseus riding a flying horse but they actually believe Muhammed rode a flying horse named baruq.

Evaluation of myths found in most religious books betrays a motif that is most certainly folklore, apparently myth but today, people believe these as truth and defend these beliefs against reason.

As i have always affirmed, such application of faith is grossly dishonest by default.

So is this not a time to ask yourself the most necessary question towards your belief. The most daring approach that affirms our courage to seek the truth.

Why do i believe this story and not that story?

If you could understand the why? of your belief, i think this simplifies your position better and shows your belief does not necessary form myth into truth.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by dalaman: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
Just saw this on a friend's Facebook wall. He's an ex Muslim atheist.

To realize how absurd Islam is, one needs to change a few words of the narrative. Take the following for example. It really puts it into perspective.

There is no God But Xenu and Thor is his last messenger. His final book is called "the covenant." There are invisible ghosts and spirits all around us known as Thetans. Thetans are made from dry ice. Zion is lord Xenu's enemy and he controls the army of thetans. There are also light emitting beings that carry out lord Xenu's commands called Pookas. Infact one Pooka sits on our shoulders writing down our deeds. There are special Pookas for special tasks like the Pooka of death or the Pooka that brings rain etc. Lord Xenu created the universe in 10 days and now is outside of spacetime sitting on a flying disc that is carried by 10 Pookas. Xenu has a place called "the oven" where he roasts and tortures all sinners with unimaginable punishments. There is also a place called "the high garden" where he blesses the believers and pious with countless virgin women and rivers of Rooh Afza and Mango juice. There are other rivers of red wine, Scotch and Vodka but they don't get you drunk. Dan was the first human whom Xenu created from sand and from his shoulder blade bone he created Diana, the first woman. Xenu then made all Pookas bow down to Dan while Zion refused. Zion said that he is made from dry ice and these humans are only made from sand. Zion was cast out of Xenu's kingdom and became his enemy. Zion's life goal is to mislead humankind so they go to "the oven" and thetans help him do that. Thor could see and talk to thetans and even converted some to Xenuism. Thetans can even possess you and you have to get excorcisms and blow the holy words of Xenu found in "the covenant" to get them out. You have to believe all of this blindly as there is absolutely no evidence nor any way to verify that this is true. If you choose not to believe then be prepared to experience the wrath of Xenu when he throws you in the oven forever! How can you not believe when we were told that Thor split the sun in two halves 2000 years ago but conveniently nobody else in the whole world noticed. It says it in the book "the life of Thor" written by Pope Smith!

One can continue writing but this is sufficient to display the outright ridiculous absurdity found in this religion.

For those who don't understand please change the following words

Xenu = Allah
Thor = Muhammad
The covenant = The Quran
Thetans = Jins/Satans
Dry Ice = Smokeless fire
Zion = Iblees
Pookas = Angels
Pooka on shoulder = Kiraman Katibeen
10 days and 10 Pookas = 6 days and 8 angels who hold the throne
The disc = Allah's throne/Arsh
The oven = Hell or Jahanam
The high garden = Jannah or Paradise
Rooh Afza and Mango Juice = rivers of milk and honey
Vodka, Scotch and Wine = rivers of wine
Dan = Adam
Diana = Eve
Exorcisms = Ruqyah
Split the sun = Split the moon
The life of Thor = Seerah of Muhammad
Pope Smith = Imam Bukhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by dalaman: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Now to address the OP

People tend to accept these mythical stories because they were indoctrinated with them and made to accept them at very early ages when they couldn't reason very well and they had no reason to dismiss them because they were told to accept them as special and previlaged facts by authorities they trusted and had no reason not to. Failure to accept these myths are laced with certain threats and talks of damnation or doom.

Societal acceptance also plays a great role as well. That's why a Muslim will read the bible and mock Christians for accepting certain tales but will read the Koran and defend similar tales.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by Deprofessional(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:
Last Thursday, the heat of the Otedola bridge tanker explosion was still very much felt throughout Nigerian cyber-space. What further aggravated the problem was the pray for Nigeria campaign it sparked off.

As expected there was mixed feelings about the whole campaign and i was one of the persons that spoke against such clueless campaign. We have been praying times and again after every tragedy yet another even deadlier tragedy occurs just after. This should be a call for more practical solution and not prayer.

Anyway that is not the point of this thread. Let me proceed with my story.

So, i made some posts on my WhatsApp status against the #PrayForNigeria campaign and ordinarily my friends reacted. Some felt the need to affirm that prayers worked which i did not argue against, some agreed with me, a particular friend of mine (female) whom i have not seen before, we just chat online argued against the premise and we got talking. I later made my intentions of not arguing on whatsapp known and she proposed that we met that day to sit and talk, i agreed.

In the afternoon she was at my house and we got a bit familiar with ourselves before proceeding with the discussion. The following lines highlights the premise of this topic.

After a few discussions about God, religion, prayer and all.

She asked me to explain to her, that she wanted to understand my perspective on Christianity, God and biblical positions.

"I want to tell you a story" I said. She smiled and paid apt attention to my impending story, so i began. "long ago when the world was still new, Chukwu (God) created humanity and everything was ok but it wasn't determined yet if man were to live forever or not" She adjusted herself and paid even closer attention.
"So God called the tortoise and the dog" Immediately i mentioned this line she lifted her face up and gave me that WTF look. I smiled and told her to relax, i wasn't finished with my story then proceeded.
"God gave the dog a package of immortality and the tortoise he gave a package of mortality, whoever delivers his first affects the turnout of man's reality on mortality. The dog is much faster than the tortoise so it sets out immediately with bullet speed, but on its way, it saw a pile of bones and thought to itself, let me eat and enjoy some bones, the tortoise cannot ever catch up. After the bones, he was tired and decided to take a little nap. He was still sleeping when the tortoise walked past him and thus delivered his package to mankind first and that is why mankind is prone to die"

She laughed.
I asked "You don't believe that right?"
She nodded in affirmation.
"Why?"

"Dogs and tortoise?, common, thats folklore" she replied.

I laughed and agreed. "But do you know that, that is the Igbo traditional story of what happened?"
She just laughed.

"All right, i will tell you another story" I said.
"So long ago, after God created heaven and earth, he created two humans and put them in a garden. Then he planted a tree and told them not to eat that particular tree but they can eat every other fruit there. Then the woman was taking a walk one day and the snake told her. "You know you won't die if you eat this fruit right?, God just doesn't want you to be like him" then the woman took the fruit and ate it, gave some to her husband and he ate it. and that is why snakes do not have legs today and humans are prone to die and women have pains during labour"

"do you believe this one?" i asked.
She paused for a while and burst into laughter.

How come you don't believe the former but you believe the later, they both had the same motif, style and theme?

She laughed again and kept quiet for a minute. After that i knew she had no much defense to muster up anymore, i just proposed we watch some african magic.

This story up there represents the point this thread presents. "Myth or truth' Most Christians or Muslims that'd read this almost certainly won't believe my story on dog and tortoise determining whether we live forever or not but they obviously believe stories that are just as ridiculous as mine.

A muslim would laugh at the Greek myth of Perseus riding a flying horse but they actually believe Muhammed rode a flying horse named baruq.

Evaluation of myths found in most religious books betrays a motif that is most certainly folklore, apparently myth but today, people believe these as truth and defend these beliefs against reason.

As i have always affirmed, such application of faith is grossly dishonest by default.

So is this not a time to ask yourself the most necessary question towards your belief. The most daring approach that affirms our courage to seek the truth.

Why do i believe this story and not that story?

If you could understand the why? of your belief, i think this simplifies your position better and shows your belief does not necessary form myth into truth.

I have seen enough in this life to make me believe in the existence of GOD.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Deprofessional:

I have seen enough in this life to make me believe in the existence of GOD.
1.Belief in God is not a bad thing, i happen to think it is in fact a profound conviction.

2.But regarding your comment, elucidate the connection between what you have seen in this life and its validation on the existence of God?

3. The post was not really referring to the existence of God but rather question whether most of the stories that form the basis of religious beliefs are in fact truth or myth.

2 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by Acepen(m): 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Op Johnydon22 Ur Threads Tickles My Thinking Faculty.
What We Have Here Is Perceptual Ascentuation. People Hold On To Belief And Opinion Despite Rational Evidence Against It

3 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by CAPSLOCKED: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Acepen:
People Hold On To Belief And Opinion Despite Rational Evidence Against It

BELIEF IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING.

dalaman:
Now to address the OP

People tend to accept these mythical stories because they were indoctrinated with then and made to accept them at very early ages
when they couldn't reason very well and they had no reason to dismiss them.because they were told to accept them as special and previlaged facts by authorities they trusted and had no reason not to. Failure to accept these myths are laced with certain threats and talks of damnation or doom.

Societal acceptance also plays a great role as well. That's why a Muslim will read the bible and mock Christians for accepting certain tales but will read the Koran and defend similar tales.

IT'S NOT ANYONE'S FAULT THAT THEY WERE INDOCTRINATED AT A VERY YOUNG AGE. CHILDREN ARE VERY EASY TO BE DECEIVED BECAUSE AT THAT STAGE THEY HARDLY REASON FOR THEMSELVES AND CAN BARELY DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG.

THE PROBLEM HERE IS THE ADULTS THEY BECOME.
THERE ARE ADULTS THAT CLAIM TO SEE JESUS ONE-ON-ONE. SOME CLAIM THEY TALK TO AND HEAR HIM. ADULTS BELIEVE THEY KNOW THE ABSOLUTE "TRUTH" AND THEY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT JESUS.
IT'S SHAMEFUL THAT THERE ARE "EDUCATED" PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIGHT FOR, AND DIE FOR THEIR BELIEF DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE AGAINST IT.
THERE ARE ADULTS THAT AGREE THAT RELIGION WAS FORCED DOWN ON OUR FOREFATHERS BY COLONIAL MASTERS. THEY AGREE THAT THE BIBLE IS PRETTY MUCH FUXKED UP AND CANNOT BE THE ABSOLUTE WORD OF A LIVING GOD. THEY DON'T GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE THEY KNOW CHURCHES ARE BUSINESS INSTITUTES AND SERMONS ARE FAIRYTALES. BUT STILL, THEY CLAIM TO KNOW "GOD" EXISTS BECAUSE "THEY FEEL HIM IN THEIR HEARTS.

YOU KNOW BELIEFS ARE MORE THAN DETRIMENTAL, AND DAMAGING WHEN A CONSCIOUS GROWNUP PARTIALLY (OR FULLY) REJECTS A RELIGION BUT ACCEPTS THE DEITY PROJECTED BY THE RELIGION.

9 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Acepen:
Op Johnydon22 Ur Threads Tickles My Thinking Faculty.
What We Have Here Is Perceptual Ascentuation. People Hold On To Belief And Opinion Despite Rational Evidence Against It
To me it shows faith off as a dishonest position. it entails the insertion of stoic conviction without reason and often defended against reason.

I have the position that if we get to the point of having to believe something sorely on faith then we do not really have any rational reason to believe it in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
dalaman:
Now to address the OP

People tend to accept these mythical stories because they were indoctrinated with then and made to accept them at very early ages when they couldn't reason very well and they had no reason to dismiss them.because they were told to accept them as special and previlaged facts by authorities they trusted and had no reason not to. Failure to accept these myths are laced with certain threats and talks of damnation or doom.

i quite agree. after our discussion, she agreed of having not really given a thought to most of the things i said and then playfully said she was going home to think.

A little seed of skepticism just as like Jesus' parable on mustard seed is all that is needed to develop a full huge tree of doubt.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by CAPSLOCKED: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:

i quite agree. after our discussion, she agreed of having not really given a thought to most of the things i said and then playfully said she was going home to think.

SHE'S GOING TO THINK FOR AS MUCH AS 300 YEARS AND COME UP WITH "I FEEL HIM IN MY HEART. GO CLOSER TO HIM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE USED BY DEVIL. HELL IS REAL ".
IT'S A USUAL THING.

4 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SHE'S GOING TO THINK FOR AS MUCH AS 300 YEARS AND COME UP WITH "I FEEL HIM IN MY HEART. GO CLOSER TO HIM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE USED BY DEVIL. HELL IS REAL ".
IT'S A USUAL THING.
Well, i'm pretty sure some of us had come up with such defenses to quench the doubt burning through us at certain points in our lives.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by CAPSLOCKED: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:
Well, i'm pretty sure some of us had come up with such defenses to quench the doubt burning through us at certain points in our lives.

NOT ME.

I STOPPED BELIEVING BEFORE I KNEW THERE WERE NONBELIEVERS. STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS FROM AS EARLY AS 7, AND WAS BOLD ENOUGH TO DENOUNCE THE FAITH AROUND 17.
I THOUGHT I WAS MAD TO QUESTION RELIGION. UNTIL I FOUND OTHERS ON THE INTERNET IN 2016.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by dalaman: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

BELIEF IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING.

IT'S NOT ANYONE'S FAULT THAT THEY WERE INDOCTRINATED AT A VERY YOUNG AGE. CHILDREN ARE VERY EASY TO BE DECEIVED BECAUSE AT THAT STAGE THEY HARDLY REASON FOR THEMSELVES AND CAN BARELY DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG.

THE PROBLEM HERE IS THE ADULTS THEY BECOME.
THERE ARE ADULTS THAT CLAIM TO SEE JESUS ONE-ON-ONE. SOME CLAIM THEY TALK TO AND HEAR HIM. ADULTS BELIEVE THEY KNOW THE ABSOLUTE "TRUTH" AND THEY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT JESUS.
IT'S SHAMEFUL THAT THERE ARE "EDUCATED" PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIGHT FOR, AND DIE FOR THEIR BELIEF DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE AGAINST IT.
THERE ARE ADULTS THAT AGREE THAT RELIGION WAS FORCED DOWN ON OUR FOREFATHERS BY COLONIAL MASTERS. THEY AGREE THAT THE BIBLE IS PRETTY MUCH FUXKED UP AND CANNOT BE THE ABSOLUTE WORD OF A LIVING GOD. THEY DON'T GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE THEY KNOW CHURCHES ARE BUSINESS INSTITUTES AND SERMONS ARE FAIRYTALES. BUT STILL, THEY CLAIM TO KNOW "GOD" EXISTS BECAUSE "THEY FEEL HIM IN THEIR HEARTS.

YOU KNOW BELIEFS ARE MORE THAN DETRIMENTAL, AND DAMAGING WHEN A CONSCIOUS GROWNUP PARTIALLY (OR FULLY) REJECTS A RELIGION BUT ACCEPTS THE DEITY PROJECTED BY THE RELIGION.

I know many people in this category. They are not traditional Christians but still can't do away with their childhood indoctrination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by adoyi8: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I THOUGHT I WAS MAD TO QUESTION RELIGION. UNTIL I FOUND OTHERS ON THE INTERNET IN 2016.
I remember reading an article on the internet titled "How to loose your religion without loosing your mind," I really needed it at time because i was worse than a Mad man. I hated myself, hated my thinking faculty and was faced with the white bear paradox. I wonder where I would have been without the Internet because it has become my church, my sanctuary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by Deprofessional(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:
1.Belief in God is not a bad thing, i happen to think it is in fact a profound conviction.

2.But regarding your comment, elucidate the connection between what you have seen in this life and its validation on the existence of God?

3. The post was not really referring to the existence of God but rather question whether most of the stories that form the basis of religious beliefs are in fact truth or myth.

If youn doubt some things in the bible, it is tantamount to saying you doubt the existence of God.

I will tell you what I have seen in life to make me believe in an almighty creator.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
Deprofessional:

If youn doubt some things in the bible, it is tantamount to saying you doubt the existence of God.
This is not in anyway true.

I will tell you what I have seen in life to make me believe in an almighty creator.
That'd be interesting
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Johnydon22, let me diverge a little bit from the premise of your post.

Do you know if you will see tomorrow being the 5th of July 2018? If you know, where is your prove? If there is no prove, don't you think you are living on faith all this while and you did not realise it?

Pls, correct me if I am wrong.

Note: I am not wishing you harm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Do you know if you will see tomorrow being the 5th of July 2018? If you know, where is your prove? If there is no prove, don't you think you are living on faith all this while and you did not realise it?
I'd like to believe that I understand the fundamental premise of this question.

Knowledge of tomorrow is an uncertainty, it falls under the purview of probabilities. And when every necessary variable is accounted for we can quantify our likelihood to either see or not see the next day.

The exercision represented here is more correctly hope than it is faith.

Moreover, there are many instances where we exercise faith but we fully understand that our faith have no weight on reality. Its more or less a conviction hinged on wish.

So this is the premise: Faith inserted to represent reality is wrongly applied

Hope and faith are not entirely the same. Be the judge .

Note: it was a great question brother

3 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by Hakeem12(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
adoyi8:
I remember reading an article on the internet titled "How to loose your religion without loosing your mind," I really needed it at time because i was worse than a Mad man. I hated myself, hated my thinking faculty and was faced with the white bear paradox. I wonder where I would have been without the Internet because it has become my church, my sanctuary.
seriously, I value it more than those ancient scrolls. From google, to quota to YouTube. There's tons of information. In this age of information, ignorance is a choice for those who have chosen to remain dogmatic and abandon reason.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by spongeisback: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Why are you Christians so bothered and concerned about life and death? It's super disturbing.

Am an atheist and I don't spend my time thinking if I would see the next day or not, I plan my day if I don't see it fine. The reason you all hold on to this crazy and weird dogma is because of fear 100%.

3 Likes

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
spongeisback:

Why are you Christians so bothered and concerned about life and death? It's super disturbing.

Am an atheist and I don't spend my time thinking if I would see the next day or not, I plan my day if I don't see it fine. The reason you all hold on to this crazy and weird dogma is because of fear 100%.

How can you plan for something you do not yet see, or have any evidence that you will see?

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
johnydon22:
I'd like to believe that I understand the fundamental premise of this question.

Knowledge of tomorrow is an uncertainty, it falls under the purview of probabilities. And when every necessary variable is accounted for we can quantify our likelihood to either see or not see the next day.

The exercision represented here is more correctly hope than it is faith.

Moreover, there are many instances where we exercise faith but we fully understand that our faith have no weight on reality. Its more or less a conviction hinged on wish.

So this is the premise: Faith inserted to represent reality is wrongly applied

Hope and faith are not entirely the same. Be the judge .

Note: it was a great question brother

Hope is the backbone of faith. Without hope, faith is dead. They go together, for faith is the substance of things hoped for.(Heb 11:1).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Hope is the backbone of faith. Without hope, faith is dead. They go together, for faith is the substance of things hoped for.(Heb 11:1).
Why are you a christian?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by spongeisback: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

How can you plan for something you do not yet see, or have any evidence that you will see?

You should be asking yourself this question. After all you believe when you die you'll go to heaven and sing hallelujah for the rest of your days.

So please answer your question.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
spongeisback:

You should be asking yourself this question. After all you believe when you die you'll go to heaven and sing hallelujah for the rest of your days.

So please answer your question.

I rest my case. I will let the truth be your companion.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by spongeisback: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please can you tell me this truth? Please can you answer
bloodofthelamb:

Please answer this question. Do it for Jesus.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Why are you a christian?

I am a christian because of the love of God. I didn't choose Him. He was the One who choosed me before the world began that I should be blameless before Him in love.

I only received the glorious love that He bestows freely. All humanity have a chance to receives from Him as well, through a right heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by sonofthunder: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
13:48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by sonofthunder: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

I rest my case. I will let the truth be your companion.
spot on sir.
the bible says... Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

I am a christian because of the love of God. I didn't choose Him. He was the One who choosed me before the world began that I should be blameless before Him in love.

I only received the glorious love that He bestows freely. All humanity have a chance to receives from Him as well, through a right heart.
You were likely born a christian. Have you ever asjed yourself about the fate of those born in muslim countries and are brainwashed into accepting islam? Can't you go on a crusade to convert the muslims like paul did with the gentiles?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You were likely born a christian. Have you ever asjed yourself about the fate of those born in muslim countries and are brainwashed into accepting islam? Can't you go on a crusade to convert the muslims like paul did with the gentiles?

I was not born a christian and nobody is born as such. We were all born cut off from the Fountain of Life. I don't know were you get that knowledge that someone could be born a christian by their biological Father.

He that is born of flesh is flesh and he that is born of the Spirit is spirit. Anyway I rest my case.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) by johnydon22(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Faith being centered on Hope does not make them the same. Like I said, hope and faith are not necessarily the same.

I'm sure that is easy to understand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Obatala Story Of Creation Proves The Dome Covering Ile / Armrobbers Flees Away At The Response Of A Woman Victim From Church (photo) / The Global Crusade With PASTOR Dr. W.F. Kumuyi Still Holds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.