Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

My Clap Back At The Dum Zambian Guy! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Clap Back At The Dum Zambian Guy! (273 Views)

Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition / Zambian School Boy Trapped In A Tree Cleft While Playing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Clap Back At The Dum Zambian Guy! by guyXander(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
FOOLS SAY MATHEMATICS IS USELESS!

I just saw a story about a Zambian man actually suing his maths teacher because algebra (X + Y = 2) never helped him.

In case you missed it, here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/4599847/zambian-man-sue-teachers-subjecting

I beg to differ Biko!
The guy is dum, period.

If at 27 years of age, you can't realize how mathematics has helped you, then you are indeed, not intelligent.

For example: Algebra, indices and logarithm helped me to network ideas. I find it easy because of these set of mathematical problems that involved multiple problems, therefore having to use multiple formulas to solve the problem.

You have to network the formulas.

2. Speed and accuracy: Our level of thinking and the ability to philosophize, where do you think it comes from?
I have had the chance to teaching people who had no formal education and man, they know nada. They can't even understand how to make paragraphs. There were a lot of things we learnt in school that our teachers never taught us.

For example: colloquial meaning of words. How to define words from the sentence itself. You think just anybody can do that? Then engage an illiterate.

Our problem:

Too few consciously use the skills they learnt in school. I foresaw this. People don't learn for leisure. They see learning as a burden. Therefore, they never get to use what they learnt.

Philosophy and the ability is philosophize is mathematics.

Take for example: aX^2 + bX + C = 0
This equation started out in a Persian farm land. I guess he was probably trying to make work easy on the farm so he stumbled on QUADRATIC EQUATION.

Another example: A^2 = B^2 + C^2
You cannot explain a short cut(apain way) without using Pythagoras theorem! I dare you.

Is it mensuration?
You buy fuel everyday and you begin to argue. What do you use in your argument? Is it litres?
What is the formula for volume? How did you know that you are carrying 5 litres?

Is it the Newton's laws of motion?
F = MA ?
Momentum and the freaking third law of motion that talks about action and reaction being opposite?

You don't know that each time you step on an elevator you are using this law? When you walk, you use the first law (inertia)

When you play football you obey the 3rd law (elastic and inelastic collision or elastic and elastic collision)?

Your parents deserve better. I mean your kids deserve better. Get yourself a physics and math text. We all need to know what we use everyday!

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Govt To Seal UNN Over Tax Evasion / Niger Delta University Post Utme Form Is Out / Library Science Students Become First 2018 IMSU Export To The Labour Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.