Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) (1177 Views)

₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) / Four Cats And A Snake Found In A Car, Killed (Pictures, Video) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by TechCapon(m): 6:59am On Jul 06, 2018
TechCapon

Ambitious billionaire and founder of SpaceX and Tesla has come up with an elaborate plan to solve American traffic problem by drilling underground tunnels. He came up with the concept after he got stuck in traffic in Los Angeles, then Musk tweeted“Traffic is driving me nuts. Am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging.” Within an hour, he had a name for the project — “It shall be called ‘The Boring Company’,” he wrote. A few hours later Musk tweeted again: “I am actually going to do this.” Lol, Just like that ! At first nobody knew if he was serious or not because he is well known to make funny comments on twitter but after he built a giant drilling machine and started drilling a 30-feet-wide in the parking lot of SpaceX’s office premises in Los Angeles, people began taking him very seriously. He then joked and said, “we have no idea what we’re doing”. Really funny. Musk didn’t need the permission of the city’s planning commission to dig a pit in his company’s backyard, but he will certainly need it if his plans are to become a reality. But one thing president Trump knows is that this “CRAZY IDEA” is actually going to create a lot of jobs and if Elon Musk cannot solve America’s traffic problem, no one can.

This is how it works.

1.Drill a large network of underground tunnels and subways without disturbing citizens.

2. Build car automated elevators that will carry the cars from the streets down to the underground tunnels.

3, Just switch off your car and allow the automatic skate carry your car at top speed of 200km/h

4. At the end of the tunnel away from traffic, the automatic elevator will carry your car up, back to the road and you can continue your journey from there.

How innovative. Elon Musk is truly a genius.

Do you think this concept can be applied to solve Lagos traffic problems and decongest our roads ? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/how-billionaire-elon-musk-plans-to-solve-americas-traffic-problem-in-pictures/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ir058iHlM
Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by thesicilian: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2018
The Boring Company. That's witty. It's an innovative idea, apart from easing traffic and creating jobs, the tunnels can also save many during earthquakes.
I can see why they call Elon Musk a genius.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by DozieInc(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2018
A billion dollars idea.

1 Like

Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by TechCapon(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2018
thesicilian:
The Boring Company. That's witty. It's an innovative idea, apart from easing traffic and creating jobs, the tunnels can also save many during earthquakes.
I can see why they call Elon Musk a genius.
very true. I really love that part where it can save people during earthquakes but my question is, how many million people and cars can it accommodate at the same time ? grin
Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by Hustlersdiary: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2018
TechCapon:
very true. I really love that part where it can save people during earthquakes but my question is, how many million people and cars can it accommodate at the same time ? grin

That's true but it would make traffic hold up less cos wen some people go underground there would be movement for d cars up so therefore issa banger.
Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by TechCapon(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2018
Hustlersdiary:

That's true but it would make traffic hold up less cos wen some people go underground there would be movement for d cars up so therefore issa banger.
correct.
Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by thesicilian: 10:08am On Jul 06, 2018
TechCapon:
A network of tunnels underground is going to accommodate lots of cars and passengers at any given time and (almost) all of them will be protected during the time of sudden and unexpected earthquakes. If there's a warning and time to prepare, then more people can even go and hide in the tunnels. Just my thinking though.
Re: How Billionaire Elon Musk Plans To Solve Traffic Problem In Pictures. (video) by TechCapon(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
thesicilian:

A network of tunnels underground is going to accommodate lots of cars and passengers at any given time and (almost) all of them will be protected during the time of sudden and unexpected earthquakes. If there's a warning and time to prepare, then more people can even go and hide in the tunnels. Just my thinking though.
nice thoughts. Americans have a way of predicting natural disasters so they'll have time to evacuate.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Uses 148 New And Used LEAF Electric Car Batteries To Power Dutch Stadium / I Don Seen Something / 3 Porsche Prototypes That Have Never Been Put Into Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.