Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Mtn Sim Registeration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Sim Registeration (15353 Views)

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) / Whatsapp On BB Without BIS Using MTN Sim / How You Can Transfer Your Data Bundle From Your MTN Sim To Another Easily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Sim Registeration by Laycorn(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
can anybody throw more light on dis MTN SIM REGISTER, any benefit on it. and also can we do d registratn online or hw can we do d registratn. pls dude
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Laycorn(m): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
b'cos i av search online. i did nt see anytin like dat.
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by N9528GB: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
Visit MTN office close to you and register, they will answer all your questions.  grin
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Ralvy(m): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
I heard somewhere that it might become compulsory to register sim cards before you can use them, don't know how true it is though.

-[n3rve]
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by honsule(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ralvy:

I heard somewhere that it might become compulsory to register sim cards before you can use them, don't know how true it is though.

-[n3rve]

daydreaming.It is not true shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Laycorn(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
I heard dat too. But without going to der office, i think dey suppose to av one link dat we can do the REGISTRATION der.
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Laycorn(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
About the requirement of the REGISTRATION: passport, finger print, personal data, etc. Lol. All is 419 jare
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Ralvy(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
Oh! Really?
Last I heard, the telecom operators were requesting an 18 month extension.

"Nigeria’s telecoms regulator, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has once again postponed the deadline for SIM card registration from 1 March 2010 to 1 May 2010, thus giving mobile operators two more months to prepare for a government-imposed program to register new SIM cards issued to mobile-phone users.

NCC said the postponement became necessary following the discovery that large quantities of SIM cards with instant activation features, which were already distributed by the service providers before the earlier announcement, would not have been cleared out before 1 March 2010.

Registration will now begin on May 1, instead of March 1, the NCC an Abuja-based industry regulator said in an e-mailed statement yesterday.

The law requires mobile-phone subscribers to provide details such as fingerprints and photographs of themselves.

Reuben Muoka, head of public relations for the NCC, said the Commission had directed all telecom operators to put necessary arrangements in place to ensure that all new SIM cards were registered before activation with effect from 1 May 2010, adding that the extension would also give the service providers additional time to finalize the installation of the necessary infrastructure for the registration.

MTN Nigeria and Zain Nigeria have rejected the government’s directive, demanding 18 months extension . . ."

More at: itnewsafrica.com/?p=5391
Re: Mtn Sim Registeration by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
Since 2010, kai

(1) (Reply)

Stop Airtel Night Plan / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online / RIP Nokia! Nokia CEO Cries Uncontrollably As Microsoft Acquires Nokia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.