Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable (39693 Views)

Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies On The Road During Early Morning Jogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by somegirl1: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2018
dochenaj:

The word is not for everyone. It might even be for just one person in the whole neighborhood.

That individual should hear the word at a more suitable time - in the day time.
People get stressed out and die from lack of sleep. I don't function well if I haven't had at least 6hrs of uninterrupted sleep.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by jnrbayano(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2018
PROPHETmichael:
"Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day"

Just listen to yourself...
You need Jesus to take this burden away from you.
When Satan wants to keep a man in perpetual bondage, he will make him fight his deliverer. Of all the things that is constituting noise in your neighbourhood like generator sound etc it is the word of God that is giving your restlessness.

It is because of you that Jesus said,
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11.28-30

YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD MAN BUT BROS YOU NEED JESUS TO TAKE THIS BURDEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Bokoharam Christian.

See how idiotic your comment is

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2018
Buy those big headphones that do block the ear.. I'm pretty sure you won't hear a damn thing.

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Reference(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2018
U
Anigreat:
shocked

Just see this one

Instead of Thanking God that you're hearing the undiluted word of God for free, you're here making noise.

mtchewwwww.

I don't think preaching in a particular location to residents day after day is a wise decision. It might even be counter productive. If it was in a place where the crowd flows chances are the random fellow may pick up something but in a neighbourhood at the early hours means your audience will invariably be the same folks day after day. It doesn't take the Holy Spirit that much to convict if the time is right.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by donbenie(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2018
tayo4ng:
Hmmmmm, how do i believe these history of 3 different group coming to preach at the same time even if your neighborhood is where the African shrine is located.
What is so unbelievable about inconsiderate Fanatics holding others to ransom and disturbing the peace of the neighbourhood..
I won't be surprised if it's a competition to the CHARLATANS..
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Reference(m): 9:49am On Jul 07, 2018
deavicky:
you and others around that area should give ur lifes fully to christ. If u do that, they will not have to come there to preach to u again because their mission would have been completed.

That is the problem. How do the preachers know when you have given your life to Christ. Do they know if everyone on the street has, and is it not possible some will lose their salvation because of the perceived disturbance.

My view is that you either preach persistently to a random crowd or preach randomly to a consistent audience. Preaching is a 'sell' of an alternative life(style) and you need to give the hearers room or time to 'weigh' the options between the world they live and the promises if God. If they cannot understand this they will tend to bottle up which is entirely counter productive. It will not surprise me if their returns are scant for the effort put in.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2018
tayo4ng:
Hmmmmm, how do i believe these history of 3 different group coming to preach at the same time even if your neighborhood is where the African shrine is located.
Its possible, in my case I have 4 churches surrounding me , they all start noise the same time , religeon is becoming a menace, its worse this period cause of steady rise in hardship, and you know poverty encourages religious fanatism.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Amacaco: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2018
@op, you are so lucky and blessed to have people coming your neighborhood to share the gospel and do morning devotion with you. Simply adjust your sleeping time table and join them in the morning devotion unless you are allergic to the word of God.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Reference(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Amacaco:
@op, you are so lucky and blessed to have people coming your neighborhood to share the gospel and do morning devotion with you. Simply adjust your sleeping time table and join them in the morning devotion unless you are allergic to the word of God.

He said he is nursing a baby. Is that not a consideration.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2018
bobokeshington:
Instead of you to join them in preaching the gospel you are there complaining...are you not a Christian?
Don't be part of the problem in your area. We are talking of public disturbance and nuisance you are talking of gospel. Do you know that churches are supposed to be sound proof and not to beard from outside. Its even in our constitution.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Cornerstone001: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2018
30card:
I will tell you what to do. Locate their houses and one early morning say on Sundays, get your own loudspeaker, go close to their house and blast your favorite music as early as 4am till 6am . Do this for 3 Sundays and when they approach you tell them how you feel about them disturbing your sleep.

grin grin grin

thunder74:
Are you sure it is the noise that is disturbing you or the messages that are hitting you in a bad place?
Whichever one, get ears cover device and always wear it to sleep.

Honestly, the noise is getting to you because you put your mind to it and because you are biased already.

It is not the noise that is disturbing you from sleeping, it is the anger and hatred for what those morning criers are doing that is causing your sleeplessness.

Once your attitude change, you will get good sleep, afterall we sleep well with a very noisy generator.

I used to get angry at the Muslim early morning call for prayers but later I programmed my mind to enjoy it as an early morning music.

Seriously, I cannot stop laughing at these grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by bobokeshington: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Don't be part of the problem in your area. We are talking of public disturbance and nuisance you are talking of gospel. Do you know that churches are supposed to be sound proof and not to beard from outside. Its even in our constitution.

you really need Jesus in your life
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by bobokeshington: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2018
makydebbie:
Don't be stupid.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by SyndyB(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2018
You said it all, you too busy doing so many things all together. I believe you don't even have time for Bible Study or Church Services. So they have brought the Gospel to your doorstep, you should be grateful na. Is only a living soul that enjoys land and space, abi no be so Femi Adeshina talk am?
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by zurumking(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2018
They don't see it the way you see it. To them they are serving their living God. Just try talking with them. Someone suggested involving the neighbours. What matters is the manner of approach. Talk to them in love recognizing their sacrifices to descerminate the Gospel. They'll surely understand.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by longerthroat(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2018
I suffer the same fate here in uyo. I have to walk up to the woman one morning and beg her. she never returned again.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Dearlord(m): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2018
OP, hope you don't belong to any of those abysmal union?
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2018
sureboykris:
Greetings everyone. My name is Kris and I reside in Anambra.
There's this growing trend which is affecting myself and my family - Early morning preachers.
These people have made my life a living hell.
Sometimes as early as 4:30am these people wake you up with loudspeakers.
Problem is that sometimes I get back late and sleep late and barely have enough hours to sleep before starting a new day. Sometimes my baby keeps us awake till the early hours of the morning and just when we're about to catch some sleep, they arrive.. Sometimes 3 different groups preach at the same time.
I now have frequent headaches and have developed some form of early morning anxiety (i dread the noise of the megaphone).
Please what do I do? Is this a matter for the police(as I feel they're disturbing public peace) or do I just see a doctor to help me cope with my sleep problems.
Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks
buy or rent projector and megaphone,point it towards them and be playing mojo during their service or cut their Nepa wire
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2018
bobokeshington:

You need education and a little bit of exposure, then you will be fine. But for now please remember that my right to serene and peaceful atmosphere begins where your right to religious freedom stops.

Lunatics bring speakers out to disturb other people's peace. There a reason Sound proof is the building code for religious worship centers around the world . Until the government wakes up to their responsibility of policing this law, just know you are breaking it.

1 Like

Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Boss13: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Senselin:
What of me that lives near a mosque? Their prayers start at about 4am. I am used to it jare.

The problem I see here is that you hardly have enough sleep before 4am. Early morning preachers also compound the problem for you.

There is a difference. The call for prayer is not so prolonged than a preacher who can spend 3 hours repeating the same thing via a megaphone. However, religious places and practices should not be indulged in residential location.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Chukwudi4naija(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2018
Quality20:
are u not a xtian? u shd b happy cos u are now taking double double preaching, no more need to go to church or pay tithes.
on a serious note, wake up and talk to them or have a street meeting with ur neighbors ,so u guys set up some form of neighborhood watch who will b confronting these ppl. If all that can't work, then hire some fake or real security men who can threaten n intimidate them
The neighbours might suspect she is demon possessed or a witch. We are in Nigeria you know.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by lanrally: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2018
Be realistic for once, why are you a religious bigot?

bobokeshington:
Instead of you to join them in preaching the gospel you are there complaining...are you not a Christian?
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by nawtyme: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
awwfar:
lol....answer the first question.. why dragging Islam into your bullshit? was the thread about Mosque or some selfish Christian preachers depriving a gentleman of his sleep?
Because I stayed close to a mosque and I know the horror I went through, but because we have freedom of worship I couldn't go to the Police.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by nawtyme: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
mxpinky:
he's complaining about churches and its stupid members for now buy sense pls
Yes I have sense that is why I don't follow a man who had sex with a 6 year old girl, or a man who gave his warriors permission to rape war slaves, or a man who tells men to beat their wives, or a man who lost his tooth in war and died in war.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by ikorodureporta: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
D funny thing is dat thoz preaching are mere time wasting. I wonda who gets converted thru dat cheesy imagine a man walking along a street & preaching, to who in particular? I see it as madness cheesy

One day i saw one around 6am, close to where thoz abbokis camp in my area, disturbing people that hussle all day, and manage to sleep outside till the next day. If dem behead am now, they'l say its islamization
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Jackbell17: 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very simple. I was like those preachers too. We think that getting up early thinking that's when we have enough time to preach. Very disturbing to neighbour. Not the best. 5.30 or 6am most ideal even for security reasons. Pls try call them and politely talk it over with them. Its never intentional.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Obagreatdatoye(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
please.. u don't need to bother yourself too much...seek for their attention after preaching and explain to them what their early preaching have cost you........ they Will understand. They are humans too
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by donjahsy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Just see this one

Instead of Thanking God that you're hearing the undiluted word of God for free, you're here making noise.

mtchewwwww.
This is why you will never live in white mans land in the rest of your life
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by akkard: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
lol...this one never see anything.. come to Lagos and enjoy early morning preachers preaching and the mosque firing their own morning prayer with loud hone speakers...all at the same time...me I get one mosque jux facing my window, another one behind
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by buddie(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
By their sayings you would surely know them. So been Christian means you have to force Your Own beliefs on him abi? Nonsense!

bobokeshington:
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
nawtyme:

Because I stayed close to a mosque and I know the horror I went through, but because we have freedom of worship I couldn't go to the Police.
Ooh! well sure we have freedom of worship but still there is nothing wrong going to the police when health is involved... we are human first ,Christianity, Islam or any other religion follows.
Re: Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable by bymigokeph: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
Step 1:
talk to then & explain the effect of what they are doing on you & family "under the Sun there is a time for everything"

If they insist and continue then proceed to

Step 2
Buy a funnel speaker, blue film and Moslem preaching. Play one after the other and face the funnel speaker to them each time they come. The community will call you then you explain yourself to them.

This is cheaper than going to the Police or relocating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Constipation: How Do I Treat This Long Term Disease Naturally? Please, Urgent! / Please Help Me Get Rid Of This Disorder On The Side Of My Face / 15 Years After Abortion, Indian Woman Finds Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.