Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why Bobrisky Cannot Be Arrested. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Bobrisky Cannot Be Arrested. (324 Views)

Peter Obi Should Be Arrested. / Ipob/esn Members Online And Offline Will Soon Be Arrested / Bill Gate Could Be Arrested By American Government As Protesters Took Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Bobrisky Cannot Be Arrested. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2018
Over and over again Bobrisky finds himself in the news. He is made popular by his haters who are so obsessed about having him arrested and prosecuted for ‘only God knows what.’

For what it is worth, I have to give a big kudos to his legal advisers. It takes an evil legal mind (something I suspect I have) to be able to find this sort of wiggle room in one of the world’s most Anti-LGBT countries. To be able to decipher these issues and make a clean cut takes a lot of razor-sharp thinking.

I would treat this based on the two major assertions made by bobrisky’s haters:

transgender
same-sex relations (this is the most interesting)

Transgender
Unknown to many Nigerians, our laws are Anti Same-Sex Marriage and sodomy in general but is silent on sex transition. Many people claim Bobriksy is transitioning (something I doubt) and that he should be arrested for it. He cannot be arrested because there is a lacuna in Nigerian law on gender transition. NO LAW EXIST ON THE TOPIC.

As far as Nigeria’s jurisprudence is concerned “there is no such thing as transgenders.” It will be undemocratic in our already shaky democracy to prosecute Bobrisky for a crime that, technically, doesn’t exist.

The sentiments of Nigeria’s transphobes come from three angles: our Native-African customs (pre-colonial laws); our colonial laws and our post colonial law (particularly that law signed by Goodluck).

Sex transition is so sophisticated, novel to Human history and steeped in western mentality that our native laws have no word for it. Technically African traditional beliefs have never been confronted with the idea of a sex change in its entire history, so never saw the need to criminalize it in the first place. So technically that fails.

At the time of the British colonials, sex change was largely unknown to the western world. So the laws we inherited from Britain are silent on transgenders. That also fails.

Finally Goodluck’s law for all its condemnation of sodomy and same-sex marriage is absolutely silent on changing your sex. The National Assembly merely drafted that law to prohibit gay-propaganda from David Camroon at the time, they missed transgenders altogether.

So technically Bobrisky is free to change his sex and NOTHING GO HAPPEN!

Same-Sex relations
(The one many of you are waiting for, hehehehe)

It is true that Bobriksy is an expert-provocateur. He has mastered the act of getting us all on our toes and we always fall for it.

When Bobrisky talks about his “bae” the entire anti-lgbt frenzy erupts like an active volcano. We all seem to forget that, that word is gender neutral. Technically it doesn’t mean he is talking about a man. And even if he was (as the next paragraph will show) it will still be impossible to hold him liable for the offense of sodomy. Strangely, our laws prohibit sexual relationships between persons of the same sex but doesn’t prohibit celibate-relationships between persons of the same sex. What that means is that Bobrisky can have a male-bae so long as they aren’t getting down. (Yes, I know the law is an ass. hehehehe). So technically Bobrisky can even introduce his Bad to us, we have to prove that they ‘deeping it and doing it’ [Wendy Williams Voice] to have them arrested.

Let me reproduce a document to illustrate, using sodomy as the crime. In Nigeria and other common law countries a charge sheet (the document with which a person is brought to court with for a crime) usually reads as follows (with minor variations from state to state and country to country):

“That you Mr. ABC did on or about the 1st day of June, 2018 at XX Hotel [address], Lagos, in the Lagos Judicial Division did have carnal knowledge of Mr. XYZ against the law of nature and thereby committed an offense punishable under Section 261 of the Criminal Code Law of Lagos, 2015.”

{Note: not all states use this partner, but the contents are largely the same.}

If you study this charge, it is obvious that accusing Bobrisky of sodomy is only the beginning. You must pin the accusation to a particular person, a particular place and a particular time. Something I know Bobrisky’s haters CANT!

So for all this noise surrounding Bobrisky unless you pinpoint his ‘male’ bae, pinpoint the alleged time they had sex, pinpoint the particular place, pinpoint the particular date/ time frame YOU ARE ALL WASTING YOUR TIME.

Bobrisky will remain on our screens for a long time coming. And he will continue to remain popular thanks to his unpaid publicity secretaries (haters) who are making him famous with their constant hysteria about him.

Copied from Barr Briggs Patricks
Re: Why Bobrisky Cannot Be Arrested. by Boomboost(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2018
Irritating and Disgusting...

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Alertness / Two Plots For Sale With Certified C Of O / Happy Birthday Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.