Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Know Where You Belong - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know Where You Belong (469 Views)

Pls Who Know Where I Can Do My NYSC Online Registration Around Any Of This Area / A Simple Trick To Check If You Belong To Stream I Or Ii – Very Hot!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know Where You Belong by GMartyns(f): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2018
KNOW WHERE YOU BELONG

Life is too short working the wrong jobs.

Especially those that do not apply to your natural and unique abilities, core strenghts, and untold potentials.

THERE’S A STORY I ALWAYS LOVE TO SHARE with my audience each time I’m honored to speak at an engagement on choosing a career path.

It’s a story of a competition between a dolphin and a monkey.

They were both asked to come and showcase what they know how best to do for a fat pay.

So, the moderator gave the game rules for both competitors.

Dolphin was the first to display what he’s got. In no time, the game began.

So, dolphin started out to show everyone his wonderful diving skills as he dives through the waters at one side and emerging at the other side.

Everyone was thrilled at his skills, with a resounding applause.

In a short while, it was monkey’s turn. “Mr. Monkey, it’s your turn to show us what you’ve got!” the moderator asked.

Without much ado, monkey was already on the tree.

Monkey was spinning with style from one tree to another, with one hand holding the tree branches and his tail dangling and wiggling.

Everyone watched with amazement and got so dumbfounded at the skills with which monkey was swapping from one tree to another.

In less than five minutes, monkey had gone round the forest of about hundreds of trees across the river bank.

No doubt, everyone was thrilled and astonished at the skills both the dolphin and monkey displayed while they were doing what they enjoy doing the most.

Again, the moderator stepped in to announce the second stage.

This time, he asked that monkey would exchange role with dolphin.

That is, monkey would come down from the trees, and jump into the waters like dolphin did in the first stage.

For a moment, monkey thought to himself; “What competition type is this? But I sure will apply the same skill with which I jumped the trees.”

With a resounding shout from the spectators, monkey jumped into the waters, and for the first five minutes, monkey was nowhere to be found.

As the spectators watched, the resounding shout went drastically down like an electric current that had just lost stability. “What could have happened?” The spectators began to murmur.

And now, their anxiety was raised. There was a sudden calm as they all watched with dismay.

A few minutes later, monkey raised up his head in a struggle to prevent his mouth from being filled with water.

To cut the long story short, monkey was rescued from drowning completely.

Now, dolphin was afraid to step out of the water body, knowing fully well that he was going to mess up.

Nevertheless, he mustered courage. The moment dolphin jumped out of the water body, he began to struggle, as he gasped for oxygen.

The once excited spectators became so disappointed because they had expected dolphin to perform excellently as he had performed in the first stage of the competition.

But to their dismay, dolphin too could not make it.

You see friend, this is how many people struggle when they attempt working the wrong jobs without first considering their area of strengths, unique abilities,and untold potentials.

Everyone has got a role to play in life according to life-design.

As a social being, when man remains and abides in his domain-his area of strength, passion, natural talent, and gift by design, he cannot but be celebrated.

People are always amazed at the way he/she does his things. People would want to identify with him/her.

But the moment S/he shifts away from his/her natural abilities, S/he naturally begins to struggle like a fish taken out of waters!

#TheCareerCompass
#BookExcerpt

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_career_compass_foretaste/14657#.WVVkq3r10QY

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These States Would Provide The Best NYSC Experience / Cant Find My Discharge Cert Batch AII 2018 / IAUE 2019 NYSC Batch “A” Senate Approved List Is Out | Read More Details Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.