Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate (6664 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness In Civil, Inclusive, And Constructive Political Envi / Dressing Falsehood In The Veil Of Constructive Criticism / Nairaland Is No Place For Constructive Commentaries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by magazineguy(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
In one way or the other, either personal or professional life you will have to share your feedback considering people’s actions and how you feel they should have better handled those situations. Mastering the art is important to dealing with people. It shows that you care about their feelings, want them to improve and want the best out of certain situations.

Here are healthy steps to take to give constructive situations.

Compliments

Appreciate the individuals efforts to the situation then address areas you feel they fell short in and where you feel they could have done better. Using this method, the person recognizes the fact that you appreciate their effort and will be motivated to do better.

Focus on the situation and not the person

Focus on the situations the person is possibly able to find difficulty and address the issue of how they can turn the tables to favour them. For instance, you realize Temi in accounts has a problem with public speaking. You can advice that, it would be better to gather her words, understand the situation and use a story to lead. People are drawn to stories. If Temi is able to address an audience using personal experiences, she is able to win the crowd and be less tense.

Know When To Share Your Big Ideas

Now you have listened to Temi’s horrible presentation speech. So when and how do you tell her how poorly she did?

Knowing the time to address situations is key. Some people address issues they are not fine with immediately and some with time – when the iron is hot. The best possible time to talk to someone is minutes after. This is a time when they are settled and in a mind space where they are willing to receive and not defend their actions.

Using stories

In most situations, the best way to help someone be better is to share relatable stories of others. People are able to listen more and take criticisms when other peoples stories of defeat and conquer are shared with them.

Be More Positive

Let your feedback be filled will positivity. This leaves the individual with a stint of hope and a motive to do better.

Positive statements like this ; ‘I love how assertive you are but you should also be able to be open to the opinion of others.’ encourage people to do better.

http://tushmagazine.com.ng/give-constructive-criticism-without-inconsiderate/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by doskie(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
my boss needs this..

let me quicky take a screen shot, and use a different number to send it to his whatsapp.

18 Likes

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very good thread...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by lexoft(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
as a boss "good" branding is about every thing, u don't print it on your shirt but your word change every thing

not APC CHANGE OOO

wink wink wink wink
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by wolextayo: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Just pray that you don’t meet an obdurate fellow. He will agree without taking an offense, you feeling you’ve subtly made your point will all fall on deaf ears.

Awon omo tinumilemiose. Japa!!

Buhari is a very good example.

1 Like

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by soberdrunk(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lovely thread! We need to consider these factors when criticizing the Buhari government.........OUCH!!! Who slap me!!!?? Who off light!!!?? Ouch my head!!!.......... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by samuelchimmy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
I totally admit it, I need to learn how to give constructive criticism.... Just as learned how to control my anger totally 5years ago.... I can be a better person if I know and fight my weakness, YOU ALL NEED TO FIND AND FIGHT YOUR WEAKNESS TOO, INSTEAD OF GIVING EXCUSES FOR IT

1 Like

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by Bossontop(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
undecided
And wen dey are too proud to see dat dia idea is flawed, you leave them to dia impending misery/doom

Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by tokzyfeller: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
OK sir
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by LadyJasper: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Points well noted!
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by eyeforeye(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
But most nairaland kids will still not adhere to this, most of the guys are feel with negative thaught and don't seems to like contributing anything to the society rather than taunting the political mentors.
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by DIYhackers: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nice one. This is a thread.
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by LazyNairalander(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
Alright.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by PropertyDeals(f): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thanks for this article.
Check our signature below.
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by pafo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Constructive criticism in this part of the world?

Having a diverse opinion to someone else’s in this part is enough ground for insult.

Awon "Association of nairaland keyboard warriors".
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by evy1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
pafo:
Constructive criticism in this part of the world?

Having a diverse opinion to someone else’s in this part is enough ground for insult.

Awon "Association of nairaland keyboard warriors".
Exactly,you will be Called different names and they will act defensive.
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by Originalsly: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very good!...guess someone made a mistake and posted this on FP. I will add.... if it's your boss/supervisor.... before serving up any criticism. ... constructive or not.... be dead sure he is not allergic to criticism period. Some believe they are always correct.... some believe that if you are below their status... not as qualified as they are...then it would be like an insult for you to dare suggest a better way. Such bosses will find a way to retaliate.
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by Freeko4: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
I love dis
Re: How To Give Constructive Criticism Without Being Inconsiderate by oludarekehinde(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
Informative and Educative

Meanwhile, check my signature for the installation of security and safety equipment at affordable price.

(1) (Reply)

49ja Colour Trick / About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon / Raw Diamond Found In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.