Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday (728 Views)

A Mob Action Witnessed In Lagos: 2 Armed Robbers Burnt To Death (Graphic Photos) / REPORT: Brazen Police Extortion Is Frustrating Rape Victims’ Quest For Justice I / "Being A Victim Of Jungle Justice, I Now Understand The Wickedness Of Man" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by WisdomHunter(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
So it happened yesterday at my hustling zone, it all started when this guy ( a neighbor) at my working place came to tell us about a small boy' at age of 12/13yrs old pick a phone by the road side and are about to sell it to another boy same age without telling any body ( elder ) about it even his boss ( the said boy is saving someone and they opened another branch where they are selling Auto-spare parts which the Oga left for him to look after and be visiting from time to time from their main shop) and some people caught them when negotiating price and they started asking the how he came about the phone and he told them how he picked the phone by the road side, but they didn't believe him because it's a new brand smartphone, so when the guy came to tell us where we were gistting people have started gathering' after he had told the said boy immediate neighbor ( a at his late 30's or enly 40's ) so that he can handle the matter as his Oga is not around as at that time and also to call his Oga to come so to really know how he got the phone.

But the man their neighbor started questioning the boy and threatening to say the truth or else they beat him up and he called the Oga to come over, when all this is going on people have gathered and started calling them thieves because even the other boy that wanted to buy the phone don enter the matter

So when I looked close and see that the phone is a brand new phone I started telling them that this is not even a lost either, that this is a brand new phone that they should contact his Oga to come and question his boy not trying to beat him up' that they have no power over him as he didn't stole the phone from any body and no one has claimed the ownership of the phone, that they should let the Oga handle him is Oga and boy matter.

But they gave it a deff ear and calling him a bad boy, a thief punching him while Nealling down and all of a sudden a guy just came from no where and brought out a tear-gas and spray it directly to the two boys ayes, the two boys started rolling on the ground and shouting on top of their voices' by this time I was pissed off already and I left because nobody is listening to me.

It got to be clear in my mind how barbaric and wicked some people can be and what's baffles me is the fact some elderly men were present but could not do any thing, my anger is as far as the boy is under somebody and nobody has claimed the ownership of the phone let him be and report him to his Oga, because for me it all looks like the boy took his Ogas money to buy the phone and fear grips him and he decided to sell it.

The were still maltreating they when I left them and by the time his Oga never come so I didn't know how they latter ended the matter may be when go there tomorrow.
Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by NeeKlaus: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jeez! For a person whose username is 'Wisdom.Hunter', your typing is quite terrible.

But I get your point shaa. Barbarism has eaten deep into us as Africans.
Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by madridguy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
If this happened in Lagos, then you should have dial 767 on your phone and let police pack the old fools.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by SenorFax(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Crazy world we live in, now, naija is more crazy than other crazy world.
What do you expect bro??

Welcome to the jungle
Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by SenorFax(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
NeeKlaus:
Jeez! For a person whose username is 'Wisdom.Hunter', your typing is quite terrible.

But I get your point shaa. Barbarism has eaten deep into us as Africans.
Ideregbe
Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by dingbang(m): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
angry
Re: I Was Very Upset Over A Jungle Justice I Witnessed Yesterday by oshe11: 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
And You left the scene to NL?

Na so Activists dey do?

(1) (Reply)

Sars Packed Three Young Men In The Boot Of This Car In Choba Portharcourt / Bike Rider, Whose joystick Was Stolen At Lagos, Speaks After Retrieving It. / Chinese man caught defecating in a garden in Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.