Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

How To Create The Life You Want - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Create The Life You Want (359 Views)

The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / How To Shape Your Words For The Life You Want. / You Have Enemies? Good. That Means You've A Battle To Fight In Your Life You May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create The Life You Want by Legohouse: 1:08am On Jul 09, 2018
Do you know you have in you the power to create the life you want?
Napoleon hill once said ‘the most unique element of man is his ability to create any life he wants’
It is in us…that creative power to mould and build for ourselves the kind of life we dream of. We are products of our choices, not fate. Yes, you may have been born poor, you may have been born ‘disadvantaged’, but you can decide to live above those ‘disadvantages’ and create the life you want.
Thomas Edison dropped out of school because according to his teacher, he was ‘mentally ill and unfit for learning.
Oprah Winfrey was born poor and was sexually abused by her uncle at a young age
Helen Kelley was deaf, and dumb by the age of 12
J.K Rowlings was a struggling, divorced and broke mum at the age of 30.
Jack Ma was rejected so many times it is hard to keep count
Bill gate was a school dropout
Anthony Robbins had very little academic experience.

What is my point?
You have no excuse!!
These people succeeded because they understood that they have the power to create the life they want. You can’t leave to fate the job of designing your life…it’s all up to you
That is why for today’s article, I have decided to give you 3 ways you can create the life you’ve always dreamed of

Tip #1: Dream it
‘The size of your world is the size of your imagination’
Be a dreamer! Winners are dreamers…don’t be afraid to have dreams…dream big, it costs absolutely nothing
Every success story started out as a dream
I once listened to James Corey’s speech on the power of dreams and I was blown away. As a struggling 22 year old, he understood what it means to have big dreams. He said he always saw himself performing on a big stage in front of a large audience.
Dream big…
Gone are the times when the world frown at dreamers; every successful business, invention and change was at one point just a dream.
I read the story of how Walt Disney ‘saw’ Disney Park before it was ever built. And although he never lived to see the actual Disney park built, his wife stated that he dreamt of that reality every single day.
If you don’t have the courage enough to dream it, you won’t have the courage to achieve it-plain and simple!
So the very first step into creating the life you want is to dream it; create a clear mental picture of the kind of life you want to live and the kind of person you want to be… that’s VISION. Hold on to that vision and become the reality of your dreams.

#3 say it
My pastor will always say ‘don’t stop saying it, keep saying it until it becomes your reality…’
I have discovered that one of the greatest yet ‘unknown’ secret in creating the life you want is CONFESSION, or according to Napoleon Hill ‘AUTOSUGGESTION’
This principle of autosuggestion has been widely written on by authors like Napoleon Hill, Myles Monroe, and Anthony Robbins, to mention a few. It is simply the act of programming your mind to work and act in a certain way. It is also the fastest way to create the faith you need to become the person you need to be.
How do you do this? How do you program your mind to success?
Just keep saying it…
Keep confessing the reality of the life you’ve imagine…because our confessions of faith creates our realities. I will advise you to get a book, write down the kind of life you would want to live; give a time span to when you want to start living that life. Recite it every day; in the morning when you wake up and in the evening before you go to bed….by doing this simple act, you are programming your mind to success, because the universe always responds to our confessions.
The story of James Corey is a strong indication that the universe will always give us what we say…just hold to your positive confessions
#3 be it
After your dreaming and confessions, the next thing you have to do is to BECOME…. Yes, be the life you want to see. This is the point of action; what this mean is you start taking the necessary actions to realizing your dreams.
Mind you, the universe is already responding to your daily confessions, it is time to step out in faith and start acting out the lifestyle you want to live.
Start talking, walking, speaking, and relating with people ‘in’ the kind of life you want to live.
Let me explain better…
If your dream is to be a CEO of a multimillion company in 5 years time, and presently you are just a salesman…you need to start acting in the manner a CEO will act.
You do this by asking yourself the following questions;
What will a CEO say?
What does it takes to be a CEO?
What are the daily routines of a CEO?
What are the strong characters a CEO possess?
For example, a CEO is a reader, he is self discipline and speaks with authority…what this means is that you must be a reader (if you are not already), develop self discipline and self confidence right now as a salesman.
This stage calls for a change in your thinking and attitude towards success, and slowly but steadily you will find yourself living out your every desire.
The CEO of Techpoint, Adewale Yusuf, demonstrated in his desire to be a very wealthy young man despite his current status as a poor, illiterate security man. He knew the kind of person he wanted to be and he took the necessary steps to becoming that person
You can be anything you want to be, as long as your mind can conceive it, you can achieve it. But you must be able to do the necessary things it will take to be that person. Read books, attend seminars, build up strong enabling characters, hold on to your positive confessions, and the sky will be your stepping stone….
Till next time…

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Create The Life You Want by princesshansy(f): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2018
Thumbs up....
Re: How To Create The Life You Want by ffredoo: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2018
I am inspired. Nice one!

(1) (Reply)

Best Story Of All Time / Call For Literary Fiction Submission By A Lagos Based Publishing Firm / God's Among Us; The End Of The Beginning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.