Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Is The Possibility Of Securing A Job In Germany After Msc? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Possibility Of Securing A Job In Germany After Msc? (518 Views)

Second Class Upper At 26 Years of age, any hope securing a graduate trainee job. / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Sex-for-passport: Nigerian Embassy In Germany Suspends Staff Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Possibility Of Securing A Job In Germany After Msc? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
I am considering travelling to Germany for msc but on the other hands I Dont just want to finish msc there and come back to Nigeria. I have friends with foreign msc yet no job.
Is there any possibility of landing a job in Germany after msc which I think can facilitate my visa extension.
Your suggestions will help my decisions.
Re: What Is The Possibility Of Securing A Job In Germany After Msc? by Mille: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
chyy5:
I am considering travelling to Germany for msc but on the other hands I Dont just want to finish msc there and come back to Nigeria. I have friends with foreign msc yet no job.
Is there any possibility of landing a job in Germany after msc which I think can facilitate my visa extension.
Your suggestions will help my decisions.

To be honest with you, it depends on what you call a job. To some Nigerians in Germany, a job could mean doing some cleaning jobs, moving jobs, logistics jobs or even restaurant jobs at places like McDonalds. But to others like me, a job after study means a professional job.

The situation is almost the same as in Nigeria. And it's even much more harder considering that you're Black (I'm sure you know there are racial discrimination in the European job markets) and the fact that you may not yet be proficient in German. And not only will you be competing against Germans and other foreign students in Germany, you will also be competing against other EU citizens who most likely are proficient in English, German and another European language.

There are many Nigerians here who have been forced by the situation to re-enrol in school for another Masters or even a PhD, those who have had to marry to legalise their stay due to the expiry of their 18 months after study permit, and there are also those who have been lucky enough to get a job immediately after graduating.

So in essence, it's difficult but not impossible.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

University Of Eastern Finland Scholarships 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline / The 3 Power Packs Of Life / Yetunde Akindele – Most Beautiful Campus Queen 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.