Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Instant Noodles Generation: This Week’s Musing By Agie - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Instant Noodles Generation: This Week’s Musing By Agie (376 Views)

Cross River State Commences Production Of state owned Instant Noodles / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) / Alaafin Begs Aliko Dangote To Extend Employment Generation Drive To Oyo Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Instant Noodles Generation: This Week’s Musing By Agie by Samuelgr8: 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
Two minutes noodles, pancakes of 5 mins, Pressure cooker to boil the rice faster. Emails to send messages in real time or secs apart. That is the generation I am in. And this bags the question of, with this fast paced technology at my disposal, equipment that my parents and grand parents didn’t have, why does it look like they have and lived a better life than what we have now.
Our childhood memories are exactly that memories. The little games that made us children are almost extinct. My nephew will not take his eyes off jimjam and my niece will not stop watching Sopia the first and Lions guard.
I remember my growing up days, I always looked for reasons to be outside despite the many slaps that got me. It was fun running down the streets, playing football with tires as the post, skipping robes, tenten etc.
Growing up then was not the sole responsibility of our parents. I even have a Yoruba name in my birth certificate. My neighbours chose one for me and my parents obliged them.
Maybe I am just ranting and there is nothing to this but I fear daily for what our children are going to be forced to be.
Now we dare not leave our female children with....see more

https://livelystones.com.ng/the-instant-noodles-generation-this-weeks-musing-by-agie/

(1) (Reply)

Miss Nations' Involvement In Girl Rising / Find The Best Coordinate System And The Best Coordinate Points Of Life / Masquerades Arrested For Flogging Students In Anambra (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.