Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 (1094 Views)

DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees / New Prices For GOtv And DStv Subscription Take Effect From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by Dclique(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
Pay TV company Multichoice is set to increase the subscription prices on its digital satellite platform DSTV and slash the fees on its terrestrial platform, GOTV from August 1st 2018. Below are the changes in DSTV and Gotv subscription rates.

Subscribers on GOTV Max package will enjoy a decrease from N3,800 to N3,200 while the prices on GOTV Plus, GOTV Value and GOTV Lite packages remain fixed at N1,900, N1,250 and N400 respectively.

However, subscribers on DSTV Premium package will see a price increase from N14,700 to N15,800; Compact Plus from N9,900 to N10,650; Compact from N6,300 to N6,800; Family from N3,800 to N4,000 and on Access, N1,900 to N2,000.

https://www.bukasblog.com.ng/2018/07/gotv-dstv-new-price-2018.html

Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by thunder74(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
They need to recover the expected income lost due to Nigeria's early exit from the world cup.
I no kúkú dey subscribe again, thanks to Joy TV and other free to air satellites.
Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by Hadeya(m): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
Very true
Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by HajimeSaito(m): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2018
They've started again. Well,I don't blame them. Devalued currency, high cost of maintaining their services etc.
Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by GavelSlam: 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
HajimeSaito:
They've started again. Well,I don't blame them. Devalued currency, high cost of maintaining their services etc.

But they also increase prices year on year in South Africa despite the Rand's strengthening.

The truth of the matter is that DSTV runs a monopoly especially in the sports broadcasting subsector.

Until Our internet capability is strengthened and streaming of sports and variety channels are efficiently and affordably achieved, DSTV would continue to increase their subscription costs.

Not totally their fault in any case, cost of rights to football games have increased significantly and even in Europe, subscription costs are hiked from time to time, with even fewer live games shown as compared to Africa.

https://m.channel24.co.za/TV/News/dstv-price-hike-coming-in-april-20180216

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2018/02/sky-to-increase-price-of-some-broadband-packages-in-april/amp
Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

But they also increase prices year on year in South Africa despite the Rand's strengthening.

The truth of the matter is that DSTV runs a monopoly especially in the sports broadcasting subsector.

Until Our internet capability is strengthened and streaming of sports and variety channels are efficiently and affordably achieved, DSTV would continue to increase their subscription costs.

Not totally their fault in any case, cost of rights to football games have increased significantly and even in Europe, subscription costs are hiked from time to time, with even fewer live games shown as compared to Africa.

https://m.channel24.co.za/TV/News/dstv-price-hike-coming-in-april-20180216

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2018/02/sky-to-increase-price-of-some-broadband-packages-in-april/amp
I ill rather buy an unlimited data plan of 15-20k on any of ntel, swift, airtel and livestream my matches, Netflix my movies, videos etc than subscribe for 15k on dstv when I don't even utilize all their crappy channels undecided
Re: Multichoice To Increase DSTV Subscription Fees From August 1st 2018 by ORACLE1975(m): 1:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Before I comment............. angry angry grin

(1) (Reply)

Patch For Strong 4663x / Bba Winner Wendall Welcomed Home In Grandstyle,collects $50,000 From Mugabe / the struggle for the niger delta movie: black november

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.