Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) (37046 Views)

Motorists & Commuters Groan As Robbers Take Over Lagos Bridge / Developer Caught Damaging 3rd Mainland Bridge (pic) / Man Knocks Off Lagos Prostitute's Teeth For Closing Up During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by dre11(m): 4:05am On Jul 10, 2018
Oluwatosin Omojuyigbe

A 200 - level Material Science Engineering student at the Kwara State University , Oluwadara Adedayo, is battling with injuries after he allegedly jumped off the Cele- Okota Bridge in Lagos State.

Adedayo was allegedly chased to the bridge by some armed policemen attached to the Anti -Kidnapping Unit of the Lagos State Police Command.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adedayo, who was currently on Industrial Training in Lagos , was heading towards the Yaba area of the state last Monday when he was accosted by the operatives at Cele bus stop.

It was gathered that the cops , after stopping the 24 - year - old , decided to check a mobile phone and a modem found on him.

He said the operatives thereafter ordered him into their bus , but he resisted the order as they did not tell him what his offence was.

Adedayo, who said nothing incriminating was found on him , explained that the policemen eventually bundled him into the bus .

He said , “ They ordered me to enter the bus they brought and I refused . I demanded to know what I did to warrant me entering their bus but they did not say anything , only for them to bundle me inside the bus .

“ I saw an opportunity to escape from the bus and I did . I jumped out of the bus because of my past experience with policemen.

A few months ago , some policemen accosted me at Durba (Lagos ) and accused me of being an Internet fraudster without any evidence against me .

“ They took me to First Avenue, FESTAC Town , and collected the only N2,000 on me before I was released. I suffered before I got home that day. ”

Adedayo stated that once he jumped down from the bus , he crossed to the other side of the road and ran to the Cele- Okota Bridge .

The Kwara State indigene added that one of the cops chased him on a motorcycle .
He said , “ When I stopped.

The policeman quickly parked his motorcycle and pointed his gun at me , threatening to shoot me . Out of fear, I jumped off the bridge . ”

Adedayo, who noted that he became unconscious after landing, said the policeman and his colleagues immediately fled the scene .

He said some Good Samaritans took him to a private hospital , where he was rejected.
“ I was then rushed to the General Hospital, Isolo, from where I was transferred to the National Orthopaedic Hospital , Igbobi .

“ I have not reported the incident in any police station because have just been discharged from the hospital , ” He added .

The phone number of the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer , CSP Chike Oti , was switched off on Monday and a text message sent to the number had not been replied to as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/policemen-chase-force-student-to-jump-off-lagos-bridge/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:07am On Jul 10, 2018
The saying OBEY BEFORE COMPLAIN has disappeared from the unwritten constitution many years ago.
Our police cannot be trusted anymore.
So sad.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by olayinex(m): 4:12am On Jul 10, 2018
Ehya, na so dos bastard dey do, wish u quick recovery

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by koolaid87: 4:18am On Jul 10, 2018
Fvck tha 5-0

Black uniform gang

Dirty and filthy organization

Spits

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:47am On Jul 10, 2018
Buhari Fulani boys with AK47 in Police Uniform.!

If u sabi u sabi!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Jabioro: 5:09am On Jul 10, 2018
'Ours' police are not trained to protect but maim,cause injuries,harrassement is 'ours' watch words especially Festac,Cele,ijesha,mile2...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by PamaB(m): 5:16am On Jul 10, 2018
I love those states in America that legalized fire arms.

32 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by dingbang(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2018
So anyone that has a modem is now a yahoo boy...

Any one who has tattoo is a cultist

Sometimes I wish I was in the palour of power...

14 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by sparog(m): 7:03am On Jul 10, 2018
Same people meant to protect and serve are now the same people we fear most

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by apprentist(m): 7:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Gosh, I hate these fools with passion. I'd rather embrace fate than ask them for help.
They are simply illiterates with guns and uniforms.

10 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by dabiriy(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2018
Black garment people

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by HotMario: 8:24am On Jul 10, 2018
Some of the reasons police officers no dey die better death.
Sorry Bro.

Get well soon

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by WebSurfer(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2018
shocked Can we at least borrow good news in this damn country ?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by gaby(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2018
It's funny how you were prepared to die by your own hands rather than the police's.

This is how low, citizens' confidence in our police has descended.

20 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Aadeyinka(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2018
dre11:

http://punchng.com/policemen-chase-force-student-to-jump-off-lagos-bridge/

wish you quick recovery, our police should please take it easy with citizens, they should know we are for each other's especially when one got no crime"treat people with courtesy and only rude to criminals with prove
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by inoki247: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2018
no try am for 3rd mainland bridge ooooo....

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by enixfabrics: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2018
we av to change there uniform from black to ankara fabric
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by oshe11: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2018
The guy no wan hear stories
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by olexjay(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2018
This is Nigeria... I wish you Quick recovery
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by 1miccza: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2018
post=69233426:
The saying OBEY BEFORE COMPLAIN has disappeared from the unwritten constitution many years ago.
Our police cannot be trusted anymore.
So sad.

Thank God you saw this at least, do they still look like the police that you used to know back then? Ponder on this and look at recent happenings , the worst thing for any Nigerian right now is partisanship, objectivity is key if we must see clearly..
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by imperiouxx(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2018
You and police every time.

But what's the problem with the police in Nigeria nowadays?
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by pafo(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2018
How much will you spend now?

If you had nothing to hide, you would never have ran!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2018
you voted for APC that is the punishment you brought on yourself, bear the blunt , get well, even if you on wheelchair get your PVC crawl to any polling unit next year and correct your 2015 mistakes, don't allow tinubu to play ojolo with your feelings and wellbeing again

1 Like

Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2018
If your hands are clean,you'll get justice but if you're into yahoo you'll jump off London bridge someday
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2018
shocked
Re: Policemen Chase, Force Student To Jump Off Lagos Bridge (pic) by Shugarlord213: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2018
A super mod in the travel section introduced an agent to me and i was scammer of 1.2 million
J -wise is his name

Please help

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Woman In Otukpo After Collecting Ransom / Gunshots As Rival Gangs Clash In Fadeyi Area Of Lagos. Photos / Robbers Shoot Man Dead While Trying To Snatch His Phone In Aba(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.