Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) (21200 Views)

BUA Merges With Cement Company Of Northern Nigeria In ‘largest Deal Of 2018’ / Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 / 25 Richest People In World In 2018 And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by uzoma213(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2018
teamsynergy:

what homework... the two have the same ram, same processor and display .. so why can't v35 rival s9+.. the phone sells for 800euros sef..

https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/lg_v35_thinq_vs_samsung_galaxy_s9_plus-c1101ynrlzq7_11010b96ctg.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4402880846
what about the camera?
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by DonPsymon(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2018
Help me decide on this thread , it's urgent thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/4608478/urgent-need-deciding-which-phone
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2018
royalamour:

You lack the skill of constructive criticism.

That phrase "Do your homework properly" was very wrong.

Oh he sure did it by highlighting Samsung, the wrong part was pitching LG against it.

hence the term "properly".
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Slymonster(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2018
solasoulmusic:
When it comes to gaming Sony takes the crown they have way more games but Microsoft has good technology but without a wide selection of games lol they suck.

Far cry 5 is amazing

Gimme your id,lets olay far cry 5 together
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by teamsynergy: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2018
uzoma213:
what about the camera?

the LG has a higher pixel but that doesn't necessarily mean a better pic quality

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Jaymaestro(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2018
God ... I would do anything for these gadgets.. Darn! Everything in me house makes it Paradise for me.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by coalcoal1(m): 9:14am On Jul 10, 2018
nice
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by shaybebaby(f): 9:14am On Jul 10, 2018
I do not own any of these cry.. But my 6 year old owns three xbox ones.
One in mama's house.
One in daddy's house
One in daddy' s girlfriends house. grin
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2018
Slymonster:

Gimme your id,lets olay far cry 5 together
hey its musipro007
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by unmask: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:
LG V35 as a bitter rival?

Do your homework properly.

LG ain't got nothing on Samsung.

Phones like the OnePlus6 even stand a better chance.
are you saying this because you have used the v35 or just saying what you think?

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by unmask: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2018
Themandator:
LG is no rival to Samsung, here in Nigeria.

I can't imagine using an LG electronic in my home. Samsung is it.
you dey learn work....get an oled TV thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by kpaofame: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:

Go and look at benchmark scores, there is more to a phone than RAM. OnePlus6 has 8gbRAM. So it should clearly be the winner then

Go wherever you are getting those benchmarks and click on rivals of S9+ if the V35 will not come up...That you like a brand do not mean you will hype it and trash other product or peoples opinion...you go and do your home work and stop showing your bigotry here.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by TechCapon(m): 10:34am On Jul 10, 2018
kpaofame:

Go wherever you are getting those benchmarks and click on rivals of S9+ if the V35 will not come up...That you like a brand do not mean you will hype it and trash other product or peoples opinion...you go and do your home work and stop showing your bigotry here.
correct guy grin
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2018
There's no rivalry more bitter than apple(ios) vs samsung(android) . People still buying last year's iPhone.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by newbie2018: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:
LG V35 as a bitter rival?
Do your homework properly.
LG ain't got nothing on Samsung.
Phones like the OnePlus6 even stand a better chance.
one'plus Gini...what is it with you guys and china china china
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2018
Just got Samsung S9+, but haven't started using it yet. Still finding it difficult to drop my Iphone for it.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Omololu001: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2018
ROSYL:
Just got Samsung S9+, but haven't started using it yet. Still finding it difficult to drop my Iphone for it.
I have a friend that stop using his iPhone X cause of his Samsung S9 +,in fact he gave the iPhone X to his friend.

It's all a matter of choice
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Jeromejnr(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2018
Omololu001:
I have a friend that stop using his iPhone X cause of his Samsung S9 +,in fact he gave the iPhone X to his friend.

His all a matter of choice

S9+ is a complete phone.

A beast.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2018
newbie2018:

one'plus Gini...what is it with you guys and china china china

Better wake up o.

Even your iPhones and Samsung are made in the same China.

Some people buy brand, I choose to buy value. Google OnePlus if you haven't heard of it.

If you are thinking its dirt cheap, it's not.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2018
kpaofame:

You are clearly demented. Do you not know what the word "bitter rival" mean?
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by newbie2018: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:

Better wake up o.

Even your iPhones and Samsung are made in the same China.

Some people buy brand, I choose to buy value. Google OnePlus if you haven't heard of it.

If you are thinking its dirt cheap, it's not.

I actually live in a sane country where you can buy goods and return them even after several days. I ordered the damn one plus shit the one that copy copy the iPhone x screen (am sure you know nothing of it) ...it was a disaster of a phone, from display to performance I felt like those techno years back in Nigeria, it got worse when everyone kept thinking I was using an iPhone x (head swell only to turn the globe around and see 1+) I returned the phone sharply and has a refund claiming the phone was getting hot always.

PS I bought that phone 240k.

android :samaung or nothing
ios: apple only

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2018
unmask:
are you saying this because you have used the v35 or just saying what you think?

I have seen and held the LG v35, I do not own it. But I have personally used a couple of LG phones in the past.

And I can confidently say that the v35 is not a bitter rival, its up there, but not close to being the best android phone on the market. The Huawei P20 Pro, OnePlus6, Nokia 8, easily outperforms the LG V35.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2018
Omololu001:

His all a matter of choice

Ok, I used the Samsung to watch movies last night, and the movie paused after a while with a message on my phone saying, the phone is hot, I should allow it cool down before continuing. That was really strange because I have never experienced something like this with my Iphone.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2018
newbie2018:

I actually live in a sane country where you can buy goods and return them even after several days. I ordered the damn one plus shit the one that copy copy the iPhone x screen (am sure you know nothing of it) ...it was a disaster of a phone, from display to performance I felt like those techno years back in Nigeria, it got worse when everyone kept thinking I was using an iPhone x (head swell only to turn the globe around and see 1+) I returned the phone sharply and has a refund claiming the phone was getting hot always.

PS I bought that phone 240k.

android :samaung or nothing
ios: apple only

I have a one plus6 and this is not hear say.

the 'notch' is not an iPhone exclusive feature (you are clearly the ignorant one here and the apple fanboy), so many other phones are adopting the same "notch", because it gives you more "screen real estate" (hit up google).

and iPhone X's notch is quite awful because it stretches almost throughout the entire top of the screen.

I doubt you ever owned a oneplus, no oneplus phone performs badly and has a bad display. And anybody can watch Youtube reviews to confirm.

I use the OnePlus 6 (8gb version) and I have never used a phone so fast and fluid in my entire life. If yours had a problem then you were just unlucky and the company offers a return program.

If you prefer Samsung then that is cool, but don't say one plus is trash because it clearly beats Samsung in everything aside from Samsung having a marginally better camera and screen.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Jeromejnr(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:

I have a one plus6 and this is not hear say.

the 'notch' is not an iPhone exclusive feature (you are clearly the ignorant one here and the apple fanboy), so many other phones are adopting the same "notch", because it gives you more "screen real estate" (hit up google).

and iPhone X's notch is quite awful because it stretches almost throughout the entire top of the screen.

I doubt you ever owned a oneplus, no oneplus phone performs badly and has a bad display. And anybody can watch Youtube reviews to confirm.

I use the OnePlus 6 (8gb version) and I have never used a phone so fast and fluid in my entire life. If yours had a problem then you were just unlucky and the company offers a return program.

If you prefer Samsung then that is cool, but don't say one plus is trash because it clearly beats Samsung in everything aside from Samsung having a marginally better camera and screen.

Please please please.

Dont ever go outside and say one plus beats S9 in everything.

It appears you not techy.

S9 at d moment is d best overall phone..from hardware to functionalities in d software.

In terms of camera its only competition is the Pixel 2xl.

In terms of speed it can be compared to the Iphone X which is sligthly better.

Aesthetically and ergonomically..d S9 rules.

Please what else does one plus have to beat the beast.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by newbie2018: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:

Samsung having a marginally better camera and screen
I say see father you say see pope.
...what else is anyone looking for In a phone
my friend do not be carried away a samsung 4gig RAM surpasses the performance of your 8gig ram.
Samsung is not stupid not to have an 8gig ram phone, even apple with the iPhone x has just 3gig ram but my bros them no be mate for comparison and flawlessness in display and performance.

for a high gamer... a 3gig or 4gig ram is more than sufficient, I am still yet to come across any mobile game that demands an 8gig ram as its requirements.

you still dey Learn for phone matter, it's not about spending big buy spending wise and staying in class.

at the end of the day it's all about display, camera and performance which you have already surrendered to the Samsung's. #tge bigboys

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by newbie2018: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Please please please.

S9 at d moment is d best overall phone..from hardware to functionalities in d software.

honestly I pity the dude.
he could afford 200k plus to buy that crap 1+ but his love for China china china blinded him to see that even an s8 cost around 240k in naija.

penny wise, pound foolish
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
newbie2018:

I say see father you say see pope.
...what else is anyone looking for In a phone
my friend do not be carried away a samsung 4gig RAM surpasses the performance of your 8gig ram.
Samsung is not stupid not to have an 8gig ram phone, even apple with the iPhone x has just 3gig ram but my bros them no be mate for comparison and flawlessness in display and performance.

for a high gamer... a 3gig or 4gig ram is more than sufficient, I am still yet to come across any mobile game that demands an 8gig ram as its requirements.

you still dey Learn for phone matter, it's not about spending big buy spending wise and staying in class.

at the end of the day it's all about display, camera and performance which you have already surrendered to the Samsung's. #tge bigboys

I'm not here to argue who knows what with you. Stop showing me a Google search result. Go and look at benchmark and real life tests on YouTube.

I have used LG G6 and Samsung Note 8 before. Difference is clear. I have never been happier with my OnePlus6. It's super fast, close to stock android, never ever lags and has an awesome camera.

The fact that games or application currently do not demand 8gb of ram, does not mean in the future they wouldn't. Again, Ram is useful for multitasking, I can open 20apps on my phone and not one of them would close. Can't say the same for your 4gb Samsung. I bought a phone I would use for 3 years without any performance issue.

As I said before, I don't buy phones because of the names branded on them like so many others do, I buy Phones for the value they offer me for my money. the funny thing is my OnePlus offers me way more than Samsung at this price.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by joey150(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Please please please.

Like I said "marginally" better camera and display.

Nothing else. They are all ovehyped. Because I have used them all.

Samsung is spending millions of dollars on adverts to make people like you believe everything you see and read, so it's not surprising to hear you say the S9 is the best thing since fried rice.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Jeromejnr(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2018
joey150:

Like I said "marginally" better camera and display.

Nothing else. They are all ovehyped. Because I have used them all.

Samsung is spending millions of dollars on adverts to make people like you believe everything you see and read, so it's not surprising to hear you say the S9 is the best thing since fried rice.

Btw..Super Amoled is not marginally better dan Amoled display.

Its far superior.
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Hibrahym: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
1. Your Best Laptop and Gaming Laptop was based what criteria ?
2. That's NOT the ASUS Zephyrus ROG GM501, here is the GM501 https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-M-GM501/

Don't be Lazy!
Re: Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) by Hibrahym: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
You hardly see any sensible reviewer rate the XPS above the MateBook - except the Nigerian ones. What is wrong with you guys?!
And the phrase "The Best Laptop" is a stupid, ignorant and poorly thought one that doesn't make any sense across the board. How the hell will you say a Laptop with:

- i7-8550U - 4 Cores
- 8GB RAM, Soldered

is better than something with

- i7-8750H - 6 Cores
- 16 GB RAM, Upgradeable to 32GB

?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Digital Loan Sharks: Shaming, Recovery Techniques Pushing Nigerians To The Brink / Selling On Jumia, Konga / Julius Berger Diversifies Into Agriculture, To Process Cashew In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.