Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread (706 Views)

Nollywood Can Be Very Funny / Nollywood Creates Action Movie Like Hollywood, It Is Just Amazing / Why Nigeria (nollywood) Can Never Make A Movie Like Black Panther! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread by SIMPLYkush: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2018
After reading the Post on how Hakeem planned on turning Nollywood to be like Hollywood, I just laughed...
check the previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4608528/hakeem-kae-kazim-im-nigeria
Well, the only way this can happen is through three (3) ways Only:

(1) Movies should be released in cinemas: A standard box office should be made along with a film festival where films will be screened before hitting the cinemas, no home video market, except for a low budget movies.

(2) Actors and actresses should be professional: we are tired of watching same people in same roles in all movies, or some actors known for a particular type of role. we need actors that can portray professional acting like they really mean it, not everyday seeing Mr IBU in comedic roles.

(3) Genres of movies should be changed: We want to see other genres apart from romance, drama or comedy, we want to see Biography, like Ojukwu during his prime, Great armed robbers like shina Rambo, and other political inclined movies.

With these point, I think
our industry will go big..
lalasticlala seun Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread by oshe11: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2018
Number 3 has been happening for sme time now

Number 2 is also applicable to some Hollywood Actors

2 Likes

Re: The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread by samuelchimmy(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2018
Most importantly Nollywood needs to upgrade their equipments
They need adequate stunt equipments.....
I don't know why the Nigerian movie industry shy away from development, they like settling for mediocrity.........
When I watch their movies I just have the feelings that the makers , didn't put their utmost best in making the movie, sometimes I think, they think the Nigerian audience don't deserve quality.....
Re: The Only Way Nollywood Can Be Like Hollywood: A Counter Thread by Skmoda360(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
samuelchimmy:
Most importantly Nollywood needs to upgrade their equipments
They need adequate stunt equipments.....
I don't know why the Nigerian movie industry shy away from development, they like settling for mediocrity.........
When I watch their movies I just have the feelings that the makers , didn't put their utmost best in making the movie, sometimes I think, they think the Nigeri
an audience don't deserve quality.....
You are so on point...

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2019 Enugu Audition Venue Meet Here- Big Brother Naija Enugu Aspirants / Are You The One Who Are Looking For The Roku Activation , Then Here You Go / Samurai 8,new Anime Series From Massashi Kisshimoto The Creator Of Naruto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.