Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure (788 Views)

Champions League Triumph: Marcelo Confirms Real Madrid Exit After 16 Years / Barcelona Confirm Messi’s Exit As Contract Talks Collapse / Ahmed Musa Speaks After World Cup Exit, As Galatasaray Fans Beg Him To Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by Johnboy95(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
After Real Madrid confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo would be leaving the club, the Portuguese superstar has issued a lengthy and emotional statement.

As per their own statement , Los Blancos officially announced that the 33-year-old is set to leave the Bernabeu, while La Gazzetta dello Sport claim that he’ll join Juventus in a deal worth €105m.

It ends an incredible nine-year spell in the Spanish capital, as he won countless trophies and individual accolades in a glittering stint with the reigning European champions as they created history with three consecutive triumphs in the Champions League.

However, Ronaldo is now ready to close that chapter in his career and move on to a new challenge. A statement from the Madrid talisman was released by the club as he moved to explain his reasoning behind the exit and used it as an opportunity to thank the supporters.

“These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life,” the statement reads. “I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this hobby and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received.

“However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept transferring me.

“I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new cycle. I’m leaving but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabéu will continue to always feel as my own wherever I am. Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium 9 years ago: Hala Madrid!”
While Juventus have dominated in Italy with seven Serie A titles in a row and four Coppa Italia triumphs, they have waited since 1996 for success in Europe. In turn, Ronaldo’s arrival will be seen as the potential catalyst to end that long wait while his impact off the pitch given his global stature will be huge.

For Madrid, they will undoubtedly now have a tough time in replacing his influence and goals, with new coach Julen Lopetegui dealt a huge blow in his bid to sustain the level of success enjoyed by his predecessor Zinedine Zidane.
However, it could also be seen as an opportunity for the Spanish giants as they will look to open up a new cycle by replacing the 33-year-old this summer.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by opeyehmmy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2018
Gonna miss the GOAL MACHINE. I love him for his hardworks despite his age and still competing for the top individual honours. It's an honour to see u play football. A Madrid LEGEND. #VamosReal #HalaMadrid #CR7

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by Johnboy95(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
Attention turn to seria A league now

It's getting interesting
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by arcOluwasanmi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
Legend!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by Adahor(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
long live RONALDO. I'm now a Juventus fan.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by FoolishBoy419: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
Enjoy your new wages.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by Scarcitato(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
No other player except Ororo, Cr7 goodbye
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Reasons For Real Madrid Exit As He Confirms Departure by Johnboy95(m): 7:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Ronaldo is a baller

(1) (Reply)

George Weah Plays As Super Eagles Defeat Liberia In Friendly / Furious Reaction Of Ronaldo’s Sister: It’s Shameful, They Want To Destroy Him / IPL 2019 Bhavishyavani And Winner Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.