Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Sim Cards Are Not Secured - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sim Cards Are Not Secured (357 Views)

Police Arrest Lady Who Steals Sim Cards, Withdraws Money From Accounts / Nigerian Man Apprehended For Allegedly Smuggling Drugs And SIM Cards In India / EFCC Arrests 15 Yahoo Boys In Lagos; Charms, Cars, SIM Cards, Coffins Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sim Cards Are Not Secured by geunik(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Gone are those days we need a sim card certificate to retrieve sim. The modern method is the use of biometric data. Well, it is in the right direction. However, something tells me that our sim card are not safe yet. I have been nursing this thought for some time now until I read on nairaland yesterday about how a man tried to retrieved a sim from his lost phone. Unfortunately, the sim was registered by his brother. On second attempt, he was assured the sim card will be active in the evening. You can read it here. [URL]https://www.nairaland.com/4604789/how-n37k-debited-bank-account[/URL]
Although the story deviated. He did not tell us if he was successful in retrieving the lost sim card number. This confirmed my fear from the very beginning. Our Sims can be retrieved by anyone who have a little idea about us. The danger is that if one retrieve your sim even while it is still with you (just as the above showed that the thief was still making use of the sim before he retrieve it) that person can change all your online password in a minute successfully, withdraw your money and block you from all your social media if that is the sim you use for everything. If yahoo boys have access to this info, many people will cry. I thought about all this last night and I wept for this country. No wonder a scammer (not a hacker as he wants people to believe) said he can withdraw money from any Nigerian bank because they are not secured. This could be the method he is using.
Instead of guiding your pin and password, guide your SIM card. This afternoon, I changed all my online phone number to a new SIM I have never given to anyone.
Please let's us beg NCC to secure our sims

(1) (Reply)

(photos) Thunder Strike Kills Three Men In Ogun State / SHOCKING! Thunder Kills 3 People In Ogun State (photos) / The Ransom I Demanded For My Boss’ Son Is Affordable – Guard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.