Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,078 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. (19592 Views)

PHED/NEPA Denies Plans To Cut Power Supply In Rivers State Over Arrests / Why FG May Not Meet N1 Trillion Insurance Premium Target / Debt: FG Set To Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger, Togo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by koolguy88(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2018
Senselin:
Nairalanders, let us be objective. Is our government not clueless (not just this administration)? angry We are not self sufficient in our electricity generation and we are selling to neighboring countries. Chai! Which way Nigeria?
Patriotic men changed Singapore, Ghana even Rwanda! shocked

Every day, we talk of APC, PDP, Buhari this and that. All these have failed. Parties have no sound ideology and structure and powerful (quasi-dictators) men direct affairs of the state.

As citizens, we generate our electricity, yet pay bills to power distribution companies, we generate water, even roads. Please don't vote any clueless person into office, irrespective of party affiliations. So far, our government has failed Nigerians.

The Nigerian government is generating income from those countries with the bulk electricity generating companies while "the light" is not sufficient at home (Nigeria) for use by the common man. APC lead govt, I dey hail una oooo. Make una pity common man naaa.

If dem no gree pay, cut them off and channel your electricity to the rural areas.

e dey pain me.
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by adetes: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2018
In Nigeria omo eleran n je egun, alaso n wo akisa. W supplied neighbouring country light and Nigerians r in darkness
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by ednut1(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2018
Dootty:
I understand Niger because of the river Niger but the river does not flow into Togo and Benin.
It's just our mentality of trying to be big brother of Our Africa while we can't be even be brother to ourselves.
u are wrong. The discos and gencos are diff entities. The discos reject power as they cannot use it /recover d revenue from customers( illegal tapping, non payment of bills etc). So wat shud d genco do to d power they generate Sell offcourse to nearby countries down to ivory coast. Nothing lik big broda here. Purely business.

2 Likes

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by iukpe: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2018
eleojo23:
How can we even be supplying electricity to these countries when we don't have enough to use here?

Our leaders are silly sad

Who has been declaring the revenue from the electricity supplied those countries? Just part of the loot.
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by dopeJemi: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2018
You have got to be kidding me, So we give Benin light and yet they enjoy uninterrupted power supply Everyday while our country don't see light for days

Pathetic
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by yoged(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2018
eleojo23:
How can we even be supplying electricity to these countries when we don't have enough to use here?

selfish gain
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2018
so sai barber even dash our light to his kinsmen from Niger .... anu ohia
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by WebSurfer(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2018
ednut1:
the dams we use are on the river niger , if those cointries set up thier own dams too. Our dams don cast. So are mandated to sell to dem
How..... wrong
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2018
long overdue
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2018
WE NO GET POWER FOR 9JA UNA DEY GIVE SOME USELESS COUNTRIES POWER WHEREAS YOUR OWN CITIZENS ARE SUFFERING, IT WON'T BE WELL WITH NIGERIA GOVT

1 Like

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by ednut1(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2018
WebSurfer:

How..... wrong
its part of d reason jor. And d disco also reject power from gencos
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Smartademu(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2018
Do we even have enough power to consume that they are exporting?
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by romenna: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2018
This is misplaced priority!
God punish our leaders!
Yank them off and give us light gaddammit!

1 Like

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by WebSurfer(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2018
ednut1:
You have put me on a google research after reading what you wrote but havnt found anything yet..
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Dollabiz: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2018
hmmm
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by vaxx: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Ghana likely supply more energy from their power generation plant to togo and benin.
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Deo1986(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Naija and business. grin
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by WebSurfer(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2018
ednut1:
you are wrong bro, read more about Discos , gencos and TCN... shalom
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by ednut1(m): 9:25am On Jul 11, 2018
WebSurfer:

You have put me on a google research after reading what you wrote but havnt found anything yet..
i work in d sector , u wont find it on d net angry
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2018
IN COTONOU,LIGHT DOESNT GO OFF AND IF FOR ANY REASON IT HAS TO,THEY ANNOUNCE IT ON RADIO,TV ETC AHEAD OF TIME. IN IVORY-COAST YOU CAN LIVE UP TO 5 YEARS WITHOUT WITNESSING POWER FAILURE.
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2018
Moorish:
Those countries have lower installed capacities I believe

Probably 500MW each or less

I am not condoning it but 1500MW would not fix Nigeria’s power issues, although it will go a long way

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Sick country
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Judolisco(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2018
eleojo23:

do u knw river Niger and how it flows to Nigeria??if Benin republic buids a dam thats all for Nigeria in terms of hydropower generation
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by lonlytroy(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2018
You are supplying power to other country while dragging with generator
Nigeria is doomed forever
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by Judolisco(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2018
Senselin:
Nairalanders, let us be objective. Is our government not clueless (not just this administration)? angry We are not self sufficient in our electricity generation and we are selling to neighboring countries. Chai! Which way Nigeria?
Patriotic men changed Singapore, Ghana even Rwanda! shocked

Every day, we talk of APC, PDP, Buhari this and that. All these have failed. Parties have no sound ideology and structure and powerful (quasi-dictators) men direct affairs of the state.

As citizens, we generate our electricity, yet pay bills to power distribution companies, we generate water, even roads. Please don't vote any clueless person into office, irrespective of party affiliations. So far, our government has failed Nigerians.
if Benin republic builds a dam Nigeria don cast b4 u argue get u facts right
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by oyejohn: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2018
Whao..so Nigeria supply Togo electricity.. I was in Lome last month and the Hotel I stayed in had no Gen constant electricity all day..This is serious
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by RevenGeMission: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2018
eleojo23:

Nbote:
Charity is supposed to begin at home but here no way... See like doing things abnormally.. Imagine a country dat suffers from epileptic power supply but yet supplying international consumers.

czarina:
About time! sad Carpenter wen no get chair for house.

With these questions , shouldn't you be ashamed of constantly attacking Buhari's government ?? This goes to show Nigeria generates more than enough power required by the country , as one minister said , the Problem of Nigeria's electricity is transmission

Some people will sabotage local consumption in favor of International customers who will pay in USD , i won't be surprised if there's been incidents of debt erasure after paying a certain sum to certain representatives

My point is that Look beyond your noses and see good news in this thread instead of looking for something negative to cum ontop

1 Like

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by gcof(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2018
ednut1:
the dams we use are on the river niger , if those cointries set up thier own dams too. Our dams don cast. So are mandated to sell to dem
can you explain in details please
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by czarina(f): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:

With these questions , shouldn't you be ashamed of constantly attacking Buhari's government ?? This goes to show Nigeria generates more than enough power required by the country , as one minister said , the Problem of Nigeria's electricity is transmission

Some people will sabotage local consumption in favor of International customers who will pay in USD , i won't be surprised if there's been incidents of debt erasure after paying a certain sum to certain representatives

My point is that Look beyond your noses and see good news in this thread instead of looking for something negative to cum ontop
where did you see/read me criticise Buhari's government? This problem has been since forever and we all know that. Mbok get off my mention right now before I vex undecided
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by RevenGeMission: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2018
If you vex you go bite me ? abi you go ban me , i read your comment , i went through your posts before i mentioned you with those other people , don't try and play holy holy but if you don't want mentions , no problem , i have made my point
czarina:
where did you see/read me criticise Buhari's government? This problem has been since forever and we all know that. Mbok get off my mention right now before I vex undecided

1 Like

Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by czarina(f): 10:24am On Jul 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:
If you vex you go bite me ? abi you go ban me , i read your comment , i went through your posts before i mentioned you with those other people , don't try and play holy holy but if you don't want mentions , no problem , i have made my point
Gerrarahere mhen angry
Re: Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. by WebSurfer(m): 10:24am On Jul 11, 2018
ednut1:
i work in d sector , u wont find it on d net angry
Take a very close look at this map and tell yourself a fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunti Sugar To Retain All 2,400 Staff Despite COVID-19 Challenges / A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! / I Just Observed All Bank Network Is Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.