Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,970 members, 7,828,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right (611 Views)

Atheism Is Madness / Atheism Is Extreme Evil! / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
A lot of christians point to the fact that the infamous atheist duo of Mao and Stalin murdered thousands, as evidence that atheism is dangerous. This is not only fallacious but it misses the point.

It fails to address the problem of evil. If there is a god, why did he allow atheists like Mao and Stalin to kill thousands of innocent religious people?

In fact, these two guys went about their genocides like maniacs for a long time before they were stopped. Was God just watching his people die?

Stalin's case is even funnier considering that he attended a seminary. This means that stalin was once a religious man. God let Stalin to move from his holy house into a murderous path.

Another thing to consider is that both Stalin and Mao had religious upbringing. They were theistic during their younger years. One could easily argue that it was religion that warped their minds (even though it would not be an easy proposition to defend).

cc hahn, hopefullandlord, johnydon22, dalaman, frank317, vaxx, muttleylaff

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:
A lot of christians point to the fact that the infamous atheist duo of Mao and Stalin murdered thousands, as evidence that atheism is dangerous. This is not only fallacious but it misses the point.

It fails to address the problem of evil. If there is a god, why did he allow atheists like Mao and Stalin to kill thousands of innocent religious people?

In fact, these two guys went about their genocides like maniacs for a long time before they were stopped. Was God just watching his people die?

Stalin's case is even funnier considering that he attended a seminary. This means that stalin was once a religious man. God let Stalin to move from his holy house into a murderous path.

Another thing to consider is that both Stalin and Mao had religious upbringing. They were theistic during their younger years. One could easily argue that it was religion that warped their minds (even though it would not be an easy proposition to defend).

The existence of evil clearly shows there is no God that cares anywhere. Take for instance the killing of the over 200 people in Plateau state few weeks ago. Some of them were worshipping and praying inside the church while the fulani herdsmen came and killed them. If we are to go by what the Bible says and assume that it is true, then their God was there with them and allowed it to happen under his watch because according to the bible, "where two or 3 are gathered in my name, I am there with them". Since all of them were gathered in his name and he was there with them but allowed them to be slaughtered. It means he was happy to see that happen because no parent will allow his children to be slaughtered like that under his watch and Christians tell us that God is their father.

This singular action shows that either the God they worship is wicked aND was happy watching them being slaughtered or he doesn't exist.

I'll go with the latter because God remains an imaginary human idea.

4 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by MuttleyLaff: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:
A lot of christians point to the fact that the infamous atheist duo of Mao and Stalin murdered thousands, as evidence that atheism is dangerous.
This is not only fallacious but it misses the point.

It fails to address the problem of evil.
If there is a god, why did he allow atheists like Mao and Stalin to kill thousands of innocent religious people?

In fact, these two guys went about their genocides like maniacs for a long time before they were stopped.
Was God just watching his people die?

Stalin's case is even funnier considering that he attended a seminary.
This means that stalin was once a religious man.
God let Stalin to move from his holy house into a murderous path.

Another thing to consider is that both Stalin and Mao had religious upbringing.
They were theistic during their younger years.
One could easily argue that it was religion that warped their minds
(even though it would not be an easy proposition to defend).

Pure and genuine religion,
in the sight of God the Father,
means caring for orphans and widows in their distress
and refusing to let the world corrupt you

- James 1:27

Why would and/or did God, allowed Himself, an innocent person, one without sin, be killed?

3 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Why would and/or did God, allowed Himself, an innocent person, one without sin, be killed?

Your God couldnt find a way to forgive sins without killing himself as a human Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Ogbeni leave atheist alone and stop arguing with them. Didn't you tell your man butterfly that you'll heed to his advice?
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
dalaman:

The existence of evil clearly shows there is no God that cares. Take for instance the killings of the over 200 people in Plateau state few weeks ago. Some of them were worshipping and praying inside the church while the fulani herdsmen came and killed them. If we are to go by what the Bible says as assume that it is true then there God was there with them and allowed it to happen under his watch because according to the bible, where two or 3 are gathered in my name, I am there with them. Since all of them were gathered in his name and he was there with them but allowed them to be slaughtered. It means he was happy to see that happen because no parent will allow his children to be slaughteredlike that under his watch and Christians tell us that God is their father.

This singular action shows that either the God they worship is wicked aND was happy watching them being slaughtered or he doesn't exist.

Yes, it all boils down to a simple piece of logic. Either God loves evil and evil people (he seems to give them power as tyrants) or he does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by Lozano: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
Stalin and Mao proved nothing and Atheists are absolutely wrong
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Yes, it all boils down to a simple piece of logic. Either God loves evil and evil people (he seems to give them power as tyrants) or he does not exist.

These guys are doubled face liars. They'll tell you that there God is a mighty man in battle, the greatest protector and best shield, the king of kings, all powers belong to him bla bla bla.

But when you show them how their God assuming he exist keeps allowing very terrible and bad things to happen to them directly under his watch they come up with ridiculously lame excuses like, even the disciples of Jesus suffered more , if God can not defend and protect his disciples whom he claims are also his children whom he loves, then why call him the greatest shield and protector to the extent of and assigning imaginary powers to him when he is clearly unable to do anything at all times when it comes to protecting his own? Their arguments always doesn't make any sense at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by MuttleyLaff: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
dalaman:
Ogbeni leave atheist alone and stop arguing with them.
Didn't you tell your man butterfly that you'll heed to his advice?
I hear you.
This is the last one.
It was one out of my gesture of goodwill responses
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lozano:
Stalin and Mao proved nothing and Atheists are absolutely wrong

Why are atheists wrong?
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I hear you.
This is the last one.
It was one out of my gesture of goodwill responses

OK. Take care.
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by CAPSLOCKED: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
dalaman:

The existence of evil clearly shows there is no God that cares. Take for instance the killings of the over 200 people in Plateau state few weeks ago. Some of them were worshipping and praying inside the church while the fulani herdsmen came and killed them. If we are to go by what the Bible says as assume that it is true then there God was there with them and allowed it to happen under his watch because according to the bible, where two or 3 are gathered in my name, I am there with them. Since all of them were gathered in his name and he was there with them but allowed them to be slaughtered. It means he was happy to see that happen because no parent will allow his children to be slaughteredlike that under his watch and Christians tell us that God is their father.

I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW SOMETHING.. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYTHING, AND HIS WILL IS THE BEST FOR US ALWAYS.
HIS WAYS ARE MYSTERIOUS, HIS WISDOM IS INFINITE AND YOU CAN NEVER QUESTION THE CREATOR OF THIS WORLD.
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING..
THAT IT LOOKS LIKE HE DOESN'T INTERVENE OR INTERFERE IS NOT A REASON FOR YOU TO BELIEVE THAT HE DOESN'T EXIST.
MY PASTOR ALWAYS TELLS ME ONE THING.. DESTINY. WHAT WILL BE WILL BE, EXACTLY ACCORDING TO THE WAY GOD HAS DESTINED IT TO BE. WHATEVER GOD DOESN'T APPROVE WILL NEVER BE.
THAT YOU'RE ALIVE THIS MINUTE AND ON THIS PLATFORM WITH ME IS GOD'S PLAN.
THAT YOU'RE EARNING SOME MONEY IS BY HIS GRACE.
THAT 200 PEOPLE DIED IN PLATEAU STATE AND MANY IN BENUE, TARABA, ADAMAWA, BOSTON, ISTANBUL, PARIS.. IS ALL GOD'S PLAN.
FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD GOD IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM ALREADY LAID DOWN ALL THESE THINGS.. CANCER, MALARIA, POVERTY, LEUKEMIA, HIV, POLIO. EVERYTHING. DON'T THINK THAT THESE THINGS CAME IN BECAUSE OF EVE'S DISOBEDIENCE. NO. GOD WANTED EVE TO EAT THE FRUIT THAT'S WHY HE PUT IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE (WHAT EVER HE DOESN'T APPROVE OF WILL NEVER HAPPEN).
SO FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING ON THIS THREAD MAN, MANY MORE WILL BE KILLED WHILE WE #PRAYFORNIGERIA #PLATEAU. WHATEVER HAPPENS IN OUR COUNTRY WE HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AS DESTINY DESIGNED FOR US BY OUR OWN GOD BECAUSE WE BELIEVE AND PLACE HIM ABOVE THE GOD THAT HAS BEEN DOING MANY WONDERS IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, CALLED SCIENCE.

7 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW SOMETHING.. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYTHING, AND HIS WILL IS THE BEST FOR US ALWAYS.
HIS WAYS ARE MYSTERIOUS, HIS WISDOM IS INFINITE AND YOU CAN NEVER QUESTION THE CREATOR OF THIS WORLD.
THAT IT LOOKS LIKE HE DOESN'T INTERVENE OR INTERFERE IS NOT A REASON FOR YOU TO BELIEVE THAT HE DOESN'T EXIST.
MY PASTOR ALWAYS TELLS ME ONE THING.. DESTINY. WHAT WILL BE WILL BE, EXACTLY ACCORDING TO THE WAY GOD HAS DESTINED IT TO BE. WHATEVER GOD DOESN'T APPROVE WILL NEVER BE.
THAT 200 PEOPLE DIED IN PLATEAU STATE AND MANY IN BENUE, TARABA, ADAMAWA, BOSTON, ISTANBUL, PARIS.. IS ALL GOD'S PLAN.
FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD GOD IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM ALREADY LAID DOWN ALL THESE THINGS.. CANCER, MALARIA, POVERTY, LEUKEMIA, HIV, POLIO. EVERYTHING. DON'T THINK THAT THESE THINGS CAME IN BECAUSE OF EVE'S DISOBEDIENCE. NO. GOD WANTED EVE TO EAT THE FRUIT THAT'S WHY HE PUT IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE (WHAT EVER HE DOESN'T APPROVE OF WILL NEVER HAPPEN).
SO FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING ON THIS THREAD MAN, MANY MORE WILL BE KILLED WHILE WE #PRAYFORNIGERIA #PLATEAU. WHATEVER HAPPENS IN OUR COUNTRY WE HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AS DESTINY DESIGNED FOR US BY OUR OWN GOD BECAUSE WE BELIEVE AND PLACE HIM ABOVE THE GOD THAT HAS BEEN DOING MANY WONDERS IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, CALLED SCIENCE.

Very true!
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by festwiz(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL

Bros. This killed me. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 8:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

wickedly sarcastic
Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
dalaman:

To make matter worse, the brain-dead zombies went back into that useless burnt tabernacle in Jos to worship a useless god who couldn't prevent his "house of worship" from being attacked in the first place. grin

Did we not read in the bible (2nd Kings 18 - 25) where Yahweh commanded only one of his Angels to level 185,000 soldiers of Sennacherib - king of Assyria in one night because of King Hezekiah?

Why then is difficult for Yahweh to replicate this feat on the Fulani Herdsmen & Boko Haram killing his people like cockroaches?

My suspicion is that either Yahweh died in the 6th century or all those biblical stories were tales by moonlight. grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Zoharariel:

To make matter worse, the brain-dead zombies went back into that useless burnt tabernacle in Jos to worship a useless god who couldn't prevent his "house of worship" from being attacked in the first place. grin

Did we not read in the bible (2nd Kings 18 - 25) where Yahweh commanded only one of his Angels to level 185,000 soldiers of Sennacherib - king of Assyria in one night because of King Hezekiah?

Why then is difficult for Yahweh to replicate this feat on the Fulani Herdsmen & Boko Haram killing his people like cockroaches?

My suspicion is that either Yahweh died in the 6th century or all those biblical stories were tales by moonlight. grin cheesy grin

Some people were busy hailing them for going back to a burnt church to worship an imaginary God.

So the God that sat down and watched as many people were slaughtered inside the church is the same God that some of them were worshiping and hailing, the same God they claim is all powerful and loves them.

These people are crazy. They should continue believing in their tales by moon light. Na them sabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by CuteMadridista: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

You can't help yourself wink

1 Like

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by CuteMadridista: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
Zoharariel:

Yahweh's ways are so mysterious that its perfectly consistent with him not existing

2 Likes

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by JeromeBlack: 6:09am On Jul 12, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Yahweh's ways are so mysterious that its perfectly consistent with him not existing

God works in mysterious ways....mysteriously similar to chance!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right by dalaman: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2018
CuteMadridista:

This says it all.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/07/18 / UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World / Religion Section Awards Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.