Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN (17657 Views)

A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Islie: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2018
By Kayode Ekundayo,

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has set out a provision of a valid court Order as one of the pre-requisite for the release of Bank Verification Number (BVN) information to applicants.

The apex regulator in a memo to Money Deposit Banks and other financial institutions and signed by its Director, Banking and Payment System Department, Dipo Fatokun titled Amendment to the regulatory framework for the bank verification number operations and watch list for the Nigerian Banking Industry, said the amendment implementation is with immediate effect.

“Section 1.6 of the Framework: Eligibility for access to the BVN, which states that “The following entities may have access to BVN information, subject to the approval of the CBN”, is hereby amended to read thus; “The following entities may have access to BVN information, after providing a valid court order, subject to the approval of the CBN”, the memo read.

CBN on October18, 2017 through a circular referenced BPS/DIR/GEN/CIR/04/010 said BVN operations and watch-lists for Nigerian financial system was necessary in the quest to develop and enhance security of electronic payment systems in the country.

The Watch-list comprises a database of bank customers’ identified by their BVNs, who have been involved in confirmed fraudulent activities in the Nigerian banking industry.

The guideline stated that participants in the service which are grouped into five categories namely: the CBN, Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS), Deposit Money Banks (DMBs), Other Financial Institutions (OFIs) and bank customers have access to the customers’ BVN.

It further noted that entities that may have access to BVN information, subject to the approval of the CBN include: DMBs, OFIs, Mobile Money Operators, Payment Service Providers, Law enforcement agencies, Credit Bureaus and Other entities as applicable.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/court-order-now-prerequisite-for-release-of-bvn-cbn-260562.html

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by olametrix(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2018
wink
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Angelb4: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2018
I am not interested in this topic pls. I want to see Fayose wailing. All the posts before Ekiti elections should report that Fayose is crying. I will be very happy.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Leetunechi: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Like for Croatia
Share for England

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by MRAKBEE(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Useless CBN..
When last did you see a clean note from N200 to other lower denominations?
Its the same institution that was created primarily for making the economy work through the control of inflation and other operations that is more interested in worsening the problem..

3 Likes

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2018
grin
olametrix:
wink

Can someone please explain this report in simple terms. I don't have my glasses with me

4 Likes

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Shehunoshewhat: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2018
Meaning?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by hybee55: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2018
hmmm naaija my home
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by alphaconde(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2018
is this the issue?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by eezeribe(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
They should also stop the BVN check using USSD...

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by CharlesJok3r: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
f
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Rickyuzzy(f): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
MRAKBEE:
Useless CBN

How are they useless?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by QTEST007(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
I DON'T GET IT.
DO YOU?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by SwimmingCoach(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good move..

Meanwhile, This is the time parents begin to roll their eyes; "Oh, my kids are on another long holiday break"....You can't just let them sit at home doing nothing, why not make them learn a life saving skill, get them occupied.

There are many summer camps they can go learn basic and productive skills, swimming is one of them. Swimming is fun and is a life saving skill, kids love to swim.

Get a professional swimming coach that teaches your kids professional strokes as well as ensure their safety in and around the pool area.

IF YOU STAY IN LAGOS, Call me or send a whatsapp on Zero 8 Zero 5 Zero 7 Eight 8 Two 8 Five.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Magnumproperty: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good development
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by SwimmingCoach(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good development...

Meanwhile, This is the time parents begin to roll their eyes; "Oh, my kids are on another long holiday break"....You can't just let them sit at home doing nothing, why not make them learn a life saving skill, get them occupied.

There are many summer camps they can go learn basic and productive skills, swimming is one of them. Swimming is fun and is a life saving skill, kids love to swim.

Get a professional swimming coach that teaches your kids professional strokes as well as ensure their safety in and around the pool area.

IF YOU STAY IN LAGOS, Call me or send a whatsapp on Zero 8 Zero 5 Zero 7 Eight 8 Two 8 Five.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by shitholenation: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Useless CBN that can't even print money,take a look at our lower denominations and see how embarrassing our money looks like,especially our hundred naira note.

2 Likes

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by whoawa(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good move, because EFCC has been abusing this privilege for a while now
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by AntiWailer: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
What nonsense is this ?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by goaldynboy: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:
Meaning?
Lucid1:
grin

Can someone please explain this report in simple terms. I don't have my glasses with me
QTEST007:
I DON'T GET IT.
DO YOU?

They mean if police, Efcc, banks, individuals, etc wants to get someone's bvn from a bank (or from CBN pool of several people's bvns) to investigate or trace his other accounts, they have to first get a Court Order

7 Likes

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Shehunoshewhat: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
goaldynboy:

They mean if police, Efcc, banks, individuals, etc wants to get someone's bvn from a bank (or from CBN pool of several people's bvns) to investigate or trace his other accounts, they have to first get a Court Order

O okay. I guessed as much.
Thank you.
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Bimpe29: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
Is good as it further strengthens security and control of the BVN. We will get there one day, hope is still there for better Naija.
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by movid(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
goaldynboy:

Thank u jare.. I begin dey confuse before

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Raskasal(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
Angelb4:
I am not interested in this topic pls. I want to see Fayose wailing. All the posts before Ekiti elections should report that Fayose is crying. I will be very happy.

Biko why nah?

1 Like

Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by QTEST007(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
goaldynboy:

thanks
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by booblacain(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
micro finance and private institutions that loan out money require you to provide your BVN before they lend you money. is that OK and safe?
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Mannylex(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
booblacain:
micro finance and private institutions that loan out money require you to provide your BVN before they lend you money. is that OK and safe?

Yes it is.
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by Lekan1o1: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
booblacain:

Pls bro which M.bank is that and what are their requirements
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by CioAngels(f): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
MRAKBEE:
Useless CBN..
When last did you see a clean note from N200 to other lower denominations?
Its the same institution that was created primarily for making the economy work through the control of inflation and other operations that is more interested in worsening the problem..
Even 500# and 1000# from ATM comes out torn and smelling, a times i just wonder the disappointments the foreigners will get on seeing such from an ATM. The Nigerians leaders are without shame only to steal.
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by CioAngels(f): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
movid:
Thank u jare.. I begin dey confuse before
Me too.
Re: Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN by booblacain(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Lekan1o1:

Pls bro which M.bank is that and what are their requirements

Use this link to access amazing financial services - instant loans, funds transfers and bill payments. Get started now: https://1fi.co/NJBd4n

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Midnight Fire Guts Olaleye Market In Somolu, Lagos / BUA Group Signs Technology Deal With France's Axens For A Refinery In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.