Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! (767 Views)

What Investment Are You Making That Will Sustain You For Long Time In Life. / When Your Earning Can't Sustain You In Today Economy, Learn This Skill / 10 Business Ideas That Can Sustain You And Put Extra Money In Your Pocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! by biz1234: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2018
In Nigeria, I see a lot of struggling for white colored jobs. While we work at this jobs all our lives, it is important we realize that they don't always give us the satisfaction we desire in life.

I saw a documentary recently on Nigeria Security and Mint Printing Company, the sorry state of its pensioners of 1991-2005 is pathetic. While a lot of the workers who dedicated their entire lives to the development of the company have died in poverty, many still living don't have anything tangible to fall back on.

This reality downed on me, hence the need to let everyone out there know that Salary alone will not make you wealthy. The only sure way to wealth is to have an extra income source. Good news is that there are many credible platforms out there.

There is a touching write up I stumbled on, hopefully, I should share it here soon for everyone to learn and take heed. Don't rely on your Salary alone!!!

Nigerians wake up!
Re: Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! by biz1234: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
I wish we could make this thread more interesting by building a whole lot of conversation around it. Let me start by asking you this simple question...

Will your job allow you take sometime out to do something extra, in order to earn some extra money? In other words, can you have something beside your job that earns you extra money?

Please, let us discuss...
Re: Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! by biz1234: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
A friend recent shared an article with me, it was shocking, but very insightful. I want you to read and digest the content therein, hope it will ignite something new in you. Its about Salary and your future. Happy Reading...

Research had it that the poorest groups of people in the world are salary earners, next are beggars. They live in a vicious cycle of poverty, Managed on 30 days, salary is continuously being awaited every month and any slight delay brings about heart-breaking anxiety, pressure and disappointment.

Salary alone cannot solve your money problems. You need multiple sources of income to balance. The tax return form contains about 11 income streams, of which salary is just one… Don’t live Life fishing with just one hook; there are many fishes in the ocean.
Salary is the MEDICINE for managing POVERTY, not to CURE it. Only your BUSINESS or INVESTMENT Cures Poverty!
Most investors are not salary earners!!!

The difference between those beggars on the street and salary earners is one month salary. Truncate the flow of their salary for one month and you would realize that majority belong to the lower class. If you divide your salary by the rate of exchange, you will discover that you are poorer, relative to when you started work.

Or divide your salary per annum by 2,000 hours to know what your one hour is worth. If you do not have three months’ salary in savings, you are already poor. Being a salary earner is a mentality, BREAK IT!!!
Your worth is far more than your salary!!!

Salary is the value someone has put on your effort. How much do you value yourself? You can’t increase in value, unless you value yourself differently.

Life is a trade-off between time, effort and reward. To be rewarded more, you have to become more valuable. Most salary earners end up poor in the long and short term.

I therefore urge every one of us to be FINANCIALLY INTELLIGENT, FINANCIALLY LITERATE and OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE OPPORTUNITIES IN PROBLEMS. Delve into entrepreneurship because salary is a lifetime disappointment.

Being a Salary Earner or Investor is a decision.

Life will not change until you decide. Make the move!!!
Re: Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! by biz1234: 5:01am On Jul 22, 2018
From the article I posted previously, you will agree with me that Salary is fast losing its relevance owing to the fact that it cannot make you or I wealthy in the long run.

In my opinion therefore, I want to advice anyone who is under paid employment whatsoever, to start viewing salary as a seed to help you start, grow and build a business. In essence, the way to wealth and financial freedom is to own your business!

Now, there is a concept to business, but unfortunately, a lot of people do not seem to understand the nitty-gritty of a business. There is a difference between a money making opportunity and a business.

I hope to give more insights into the principle of owning and sustaining a successful business, maybe I could even start a new thread. Lets see.

Before, I come up with the next post, I wish to urge you to start looking out for a business that you can run side by side to your job. Start Now!!!

Talk to you soon.
Re: Bitter Truth-salary Alone Cannot Sustain You...don't Rely Soley On It!!! by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2018
Salary can sustain you if you don't earn peanuts

(1) (Reply)

LG Sound System With DVD, Hoofer And 5 Small Speakers / Oriflame Nigeria: Top Things To Know Before Joining The Beauty Company / Sighs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.