Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

"Shine, Star, Shine" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Shine, Star, Shine" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (290 Views)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor (2) By Tosan Tarre / The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / "The Houseboy" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Shine, Star, Shine" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre by SynCityNg: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2018
When Made came to live with us I really can’t remember but I’ve always known she was unloved by Mummy.

Mummy told me many frightful things about her, most times in hushed whispers lest anyone happened on us suddenly.

Made was disabled in the left leg, short and bent; this was because (Mummy told me) her own mother was a witch and had given Made some witchcraft too. I was to separate myself from her lest she gave me witchcraft too.

Mummy treated Made kindly only when Daddy was present but badly when he wasn’t, calling her names, “dirty housegirl” topping the list. Sometimes, it was painful to watch her, disabled leg, lifting very heavy things and doing tedious work; so against Mummy’s wish, when she wasn’t watching, I stole away to assist her with the chores.

But Made was kind, vibrant and full of life. I know this because at night... http://syncityng.com/2018/07/13/save-these-juices-with-tosan-tarre-4/

(1) (Reply)

Clive Cussler Fans.. Step In / Adedoyin, HDP Candidate Promises To Create More Jobs Through Agriculture / Why You Lose Friends And Keep Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.