Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... (2516 Views)

Npower - Just Received This Text Message From NPOWER / Don't Know How True The Job Offer , But No Harm In Trial / Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by OneStepForward: 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I am in a Bit of Confusion Right now and I intend to share my Current Situation With the Expectation that informed Advice from More Experienced Forumites will Help shapen My Next Move.

I Received An offer for A Job Internship Position in An Audit Firm.

However, There Seems two challenges for Me;
1. I was Informed Via the offer that My Work Days will Span Monday to Saturdays Instead of The normal workdays of Monday- Fridays, Pls Do you Guys think Its Adaptable Practice Because I Don't feel too OK with it.

2. When I Spoke with The Company's information Assistant on Enquiries As per Renumeration, She was Silent About It, this Gave me some Level of uncertainty.

Please What Advisement Would You Guys Offer about My Above listed Points?

I will Appreciate Mature Responses Thanks.
Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by SadiqBabaSani: 2:02am On Jul 14, 2018
TarOrfeek:

My advisement to you, firstly young man.

Is to not seek advisement. It is a lazy thing to do.

All our politicians are out there, seeking advisement, and look where the country is.
and wats yr point Sir, do u feel Saturday is normal As A Work day fr a Young Graduate, these companies will just be attaching subhuman conditions of work,
I advise u take d job, then watch out how your wrk schedule will be, if its Too discomforting fr u, u may Quit quietly
Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by Came4apost(m): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2018
OneStepForward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am in a Bit of Confusion Right now and I intend to share my Current Situation With the Expectation that informed Advice from More Experienced Forumites will Help shapen My Next Move.

1. I was Informed Via the offer that My Work Days will Span Monday to Saturdays Instead of The normal workdays of Monday- Fridays, Pls Do you Guys think Its Adaptable Practice Because I Don't feel too OK with it.

2. When I Spoke with The Company's information Assistant on Enquiries As per Renumeration, She was Silent About It, this Gave me some Level of uncertainty.

Lol that's what they will say you cannot be working Monday's to Saturday all the time.. They just want you to know that when you have something to do on Saturday.. You should not expect extra pay which is not really possible... Extra work = extra pay one way or the other.. Just keep calm and start working..

1 Like

Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by MrExpensive: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2018
OneStepForward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I Received An offer for A Job Internship Position in An Audit Firm. How much is the pay before I can advice you?

Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by MrExpensive: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2018
How much is the pay before I can advice?
Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by skillip(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2018
OneStepForward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please if you are a fresh graduate with nothing to do for now, take it and learn. Look out more for the opportunity to learn. You can't buy experience, so this is the little sacrifice for now.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by ElRapido: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2018
Are you an internet marketer who is really struggling to hit it big especially affiliate marketers. Send me a message(check my signature) now I have a special package to ease your burden, attract more customers to your online business and become a member of never broke again(NBA) squad. The offer is for a limited time, you need to act now, missing this opportunity will be the most painful thing after missing heaven. Live long and prosper
Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by dprpikin: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by kehnton(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2018
as you stated, it's an internship opportunity.
it's like doing IT.
the pay may not even be much during this internship but will be upgraded later.
if they tell you to work on Saturdays, it means their organisation works on Saturdays.

if you don't have any spiritual reasons not to work on Saturdays, take the opportunity and grow!
Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by chukzyfcbb: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
if the internship is enough to cater for your transport and feeding at least, then its a must grab.

If its a non paid intern, then ask yourself how long will I continue to sponsor myself ? Nobody goes to school to come and work for charity o, so use your head.

Experience counts a lot in the job market, so if its paid intern, pls grab it. get the needed experience, if possibly get added professional certf like Ican/ACCA etc,

over time say 6months, with the experince degree and certf, you can start applying for a new job if there is no plan of making your a full time staff

2 Likes

Re: I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... by Andy2274: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
Oga, it is internship so go and start the job. Forget about the Saturday and the convince for now. Sacrifice your time and Saturdays now to gain experience in your field rather than looking for comfort now and lack experience later. You are a young man full of energy. People work in super market from 7am to 9pm and only one day off. Grab the job at least there is stipend for your transport and feeding, gain your experience now and in near future companies will beg you to work for them because of your sacrifice and experience of today.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Recruitment..i Have Successfully Signed Up / After 7years of searching Still No Job Is It Badluck? / FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.