Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? (392 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. / Unilorin Denied Over 350 Students From Graduating; 2 Attempted Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 14, 2018
Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? WHAT MADE YOU STOP?

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Human Development Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach)

Suicide is simply to kill one's self. With the increase in the rate of suicide in Africa, suicide needs to be given an unwavering attention by the government and human or personal development consultants, the need for a discussion like this. Before now, suicide used to be a no go area in Africa because it is discovered that Africans despite their poor nature place a high premium on their own lives. But that can't be said anymore because recent cases of suicide among young people have proved wrong the statement. We can only calculate the numbers of suicide cases but what about the thousands of people who are having suicidal thoughts on a daily basis?

Have I ever thought about suicide, you may ask. Yes. Not once and not twice. I grew up from a a very poor home where tomorrow was very blink. It was from one struggle to another. I had dreams and ideas that were dying before my very eyes and every time I will wet my bed with my tears hoping that things would change and things got worse. The matter became worse when those friends and relatives whom God has blessed refused to render a helping hand. I have never attempted suicide but I've always thought about it then. But every time I Contemplated it, there was always this still small voice assuring me that everything will be fine very soon.

As a Christian, the Bible became my source of hope and always shed light on my path. Apart from receiving hope from the Bible, a question always helped to change my mind "If you die now, who will take care of your parents?" My parents sacrificed their pleasure just to take care of me and my siblings and I have always wanted to pay back their kind gestures. So also it is with millions of African parents. I have never had friends who stood by me during my trying period but my family was there. I would have loved to give you some tips on how to overcome suicidal thoughts but space won't permit me to do that now, maybe next time or you can contact me through my email on my signature.

No matter what you think you are going through now, always know that someone somewhere has gone through worst cases than yours and has emerged victorious. There is no battle that cannot be won, all we need is the 'how' to win the battles.
I will love to read your real life experiences with suicidal thoughts or attempts because I believe that someone is in that situation where your story of victory can help save his or her life.

Succeed You Must

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Lalasticlala
Re: Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? by Kingpee2(m): 2:26am On Jul 14, 2018
The very day Nepa came to cut our light even after taking it for almost 1 month was the only time I had such thought ,i changed my mind when I realized we still have generator in our house...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? by mumureloaded(m): 2:53am On Jul 14, 2018
everyone does that everyday in Nigeria but somehow sha, we surviving it not knowing what tomorrow light bring again.

op biko tell me, is:

month without electricity not suicidal?

abstinence from food and water for days all in the name of fasting, this occurs when you have no where else to turn to for help. is that not suicidal?

what about living in Benue with herdsman?

what do you call it when your president values animal life more than yours?

in short, don't ask anyone how they survived, the answer to the question you asked...............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Kingpee2:
The very day Nepa came to cut our light even after taking it for almost 1 month was the only time I had such thought ,i changed my mind when I realized we still have generator in our house...

LOL I have never heard of someone contemplating suicide because of PHCN. Lalasticlala have you heard about it?
Re: Have You Ever Contemplated Or Attempted Suicide? What Made You Stop? by Kingpee2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
JohnspeakU:

LOL I have never heard of someone contemplating suicide because of PHCN. Lalasticlala have you heard about it?
im sure they have not frustrated you enough ,This PHCN or Nepa as it fondly called are not just different from the same power of darkness the Bible has always mentioned...Ige given up on this country long ago ,Lala is also a Nigerian na,he knows the country is dead and buried ...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Onisabey Enterprise Massive Recruitment 2018 / Start A Career In Photography (FREE Training) / Apply Now: Latest Jobs In Nigeria - 21st July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.