Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,839 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Farm Work Available - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farm Work Available (2355 Views)

I Need Farm Work Urgently / My Farm Work After A One Year Nysc Without Work / I Need Farm Work. Farm Worker For Hire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Apply now!
Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
3 More persons needed to seal the team formation
Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2018
I just acquired 25 acres of farm land. If you're willing to gain field experience and work at the same time, i will be more than happy to include you in my team. I'm renting a three bedroom apartment and will be relocating with a team of ten interested persons within the next 4-8 weeks, if this opportunity interests you, kindly send me a mail so we can discuss privately @ musbuq@gmail.com

I await your response.

Thanks

5 More workers needed. Apply today !
Re: Farm Work Available by Waffarianman(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
Any salary's attach. Am experience farmer
Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
I just acquired 25 acres of farm land. If you're willing to gain field experience and work at the same time, i will be more than happy to include you in my team. I'm renting a three bedroom apartment and will be relocating with a team of ten interested persons within the next 4-8 weeks, if this opportunity interests you, kindly send me a mail so we can discuss privately @ musbuq@gmail.com

I await your response.

Thanks

5 More workers needed. Apply today !!!
Re: Farm Work Available by Kennyprince: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
was expecting you to answer the question on salary for an already experienced farmer, how much will you pay him
Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2018

I await your response.

Thanks.

Re: Farm Work Available by Waffarianman(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Kennyprince:
was expecting you to answer the question on salary for an already experienced farmer, how much will you pay him

Forget it bro Is looking for an experience farmer to come and work for him free.

Am out Of here
Re: Farm Work Available by LosVikingos: 1:10am On Jul 21, 2018
flinton:
sweedy4love kneedsfthis:V [url=ldfgdaweqewr.ml/r/razzby2]Writer[/url] .

NRZy9E stevespack c1V61z kunleweb HFwdM0 teekzel SVO0j9 losvikingos oJgSAs cryptostrategy o1LBfN razzby

How may I help you
Re: Farm Work Available by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 21, 2018
kunleweb:

I await your response.

Thanks

This idea looks very good, but it is extremely risky. I do not know what to say, but just to pray with you that the right candidates apply. However, from experience, you should be ready for more challenges.

Are you looking for supervisors? Or workers? Farming is dirts + energy. Are you sure those telling you they can do fish, crab, snail, raise antelop, catch grasscutter, or whatsoever can do tasks which require strength? My guess is that they are supervisors. If you do not mind this, you will still need to find ways of doing tasks which require strength and energy.

If I were you, I would not go with this option. It is a fact that those you are inviting will draw back with the slightest challenge on the farm. Looks like you are opening your first farm. And if I am wrong, my apology.

25 acres farm is enough to get members to form a cooperative society, which you may want to consider. In anyway, you need to look at the rules if they favor you. I would not do this anyway too.

Honestly, human management in the Agricultural business is the 1st hurdle you must cross. Having many individuals on your farm is real big problem you have created for yourself, though you might think you are solving human resources challenge. When they start causing troubles, shouting like normal Naija angry men, telling you that you are a crook, etc you may not find it funny.

I am not discouraging you, I am just telling you what may come up from my wealth of experience.

If I were you, I would open what I can manage. If it is just 2 acres, it is great. It is not how big your farm is, but how well you are doing. 2 acres can make huge millions if you do it well. And the good thing is that, you can move around easily along the 25 acres farm. Also, you may decide to clear more than 2 acres.

Let me tell you what you could do:

Open field veggie is tough. So, you can use 2 - 3 acres for it. Cucumber, watermelon, tomato, pepper, etc.

2.5 acres for papaya. Find a market which can take it all first.

2.5 acres for plantain. Market research first too.

1 to 2.5 acres for pine-apple. Market research first also.

Combo of the above = success. And you move ahead from that. Even you cannot do all, veggie + any of the above can make you shoot ahead easily. And build up gradually. Your land is not running away. No need to be in hurry to open all now. This is what I call: start small, and grow big. Not the kind of starting with 10sqm backyard garden some call starting small. Lol. Very funny people.

If I wanted to have neigbours, I would lease out part of land. I would not combine work with anyone at this stage. Anyone I observed that is hardworking, I could then decide to partner with such when the lease is almost over. I think this is a good way to know who is serious and who is not.

Do not be shocked, when it remains only you on the land after 6 months. Over 90% nairaland users do not understand what it takes to be farmers. They are more after Return Of Investment. You know what it took you to acquire 25 acres. You have got the cost of clearing it. I know you may want to bring them in to assist you financially. Hmmm. Bros, I advise you to lease out the land, get the service of land clearing to your taste, and make them pay for it. Give them rules of your farm so they do not damage it. Make a plan for your farm where you want borehole set up before they start digging here and there on your farm. "These people you are inviting no send you, make you no send dem too" If it is land clearing and borehole well in strategic locations you can get from them, better do it. Give them the depth you want to your taste, and get the rightboerson to do it. If they run away after 3 months, it is to your advantage. "Bros, no send anyone". You know what it took you to get to where you are.

Lastly, think about the security of your farm. When I started, theft was a big challenge until my manager stopped me from inviting people. I closed down 3 locations because of theft. And since I stopped inviting learners, observers, job hunters to my farms thinking I am assisting them, theft reduced drastically. When there is theft, it is in-house. This is another big challenge.

I am not discouraging you. Just telling you the truth. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2018
fluentinfor:

I am shocked. You spoke well Sir.

Thank Goodness, i've found a guide i've been praying to God for.

Please bro, kindly send me your whatsapp by email, i like to cure my ignorance in some areas from you, send me a mail : musbuq@gmail.com
Re: Farm Work Available by flinton(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2018
LosVikingos:

How may I help you
I didn't write this oo
Re: Farm Work Available by Successisaac19: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
kunleweb:
Still taking applications
successisaac@gmail.com.....thats my email but how do we survive there,will there be salary or will you make provision for feeding
Re: Farm Work Available by kunleweb: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
Successisaac19:
successisaac@gmail.com.....thats my email but how do we survive there,will there be salary or will you make provision for feeding

check your mail. thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tutorial Plantain Sucker Multipication / I Will Move Nigeria From Consumption To Production - Peter Obi / 160 Acres Of Land Available In Kobape Abeokuta For N300,000/acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.