Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) (6942 Views)

Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) / Scared. A Flash Fiction / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
I welcome everyone viewing this thread now and I appreciate you for taking your time for this.

This is my first thread on Nairaland and I promise to feed you with a nice story and also update as often as possible.

However, these are my plea;

1. Do not copy my story. And if you must do that, you should always reference me else I can sue you for plagiarism.

2. Do not troll my thread with unnecessary comments. Rather, comment with constructive critism.

3. Always remember that we are one as long as this forum is involved.

4. If you find this exciting, you can do more for me by inviting more people to participate.

NB: This is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to an actual person whether dead or alive, or to a place existing is purely coincidental.

Thanks as you read.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Episode 1

The night has come and darkness has taken over from the day. The moonlight has replaced the dazzling sunlight bringing forth it's creepy semi-darkness.

The once busy streets of Bremity city has become less busy. Only the downtrodden, the homeless, the beggars, the mentally retarded and petty criminals found this kind of environment ambient.

Ijego was watching Parker Don street where he lives from his apartment. He could see some street kids trying to jump over a fence into someone's personal garage. He didn't mind calling the police; they wouldn't come anyway. He looked farther and saw two men exchanging fisticuffs with one another. He couldn't help but burst into laughter when one of the men fell flat after receiving a blow from his opponent. He saw as the other fled the scene and the spectators too scramble away. 

"This street never fail to amaze me." He said to himself.

He closed the right side of the window in his room and was about to close the other side when something shot into his room; it spread some fluids immediately.

Ijego tried to run out but he had subconsciously inhaled the substance and it made him feel dizzy. The ceiling and walls seemed to be moving but he knew that it was his eyes. He managed to stand but his steps weren't steady as he staggered to the door to call for help. As he moved haphazardly, he lost control of his steps and so he tripped falling flat as he smashed his head on a table.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Episode 2

"Look at that poor thing." The unfazed Sandra spoke as she pointed irritatingly at Ijego bundled up on a chair.

"What do we do with him?" A stoic man standing behind Ijego asked.

"Uhmmm Just wake him up. Hey! Do it gently." She said as turned backing them.

The large man smirked as He picked up a thin but strong belt and whipped it on ijego's body a couple of times.

Ijego stirred. The pains caused by that whip had jolted him back to life as he moaned in pain. He tried to open his eyes but they were sealed. He knew that there wouldn't be a need to shout as his mouth too would probably be sealed too.

Seeing that Ijego was now up, Sandra motioned a wiry boy to uncover his face.
Ijego opened his eyes but his vision was blurred for a while.

"Hahahaha. Who do we have here?" She asked. Her voice reverberating in the large hall.

Ijego froze hearing that familiar voice. He was flustered and dumbfounded when his vision became clear and he saw the people around.

"Sandra!" He managed to say.

"Sweetheart what's up?" Sandra teased. She could sense the surprise in his voice and that made her glad.

"What? Don't look at me like that." She said again.

"Why am I here?" He asked with a harsh tone.

"Ha. What would you do? Kiss my arse or what? O come on. You are tied to a chair for goodness sake. There is absolutely nothing you can do. So,  it's better you calm the lion inside of you before I do it myself. " She warned.

"Hmmm. Spare me the sermon Sandra and tell me what I'm doing here." He said with a look revealing how disgusted he was to be there.

"Sweetheart, Leshy has an assignment for you. He wants you to fetch him an elixir."

"How the hell does he want me to do that?"

"That's your business and not mine. He wants you to fetch him that professor's elixir."

Ijego's eyes widened as he wobbled. He knew how difficult it would be and he spoke bitterly. "But you know that I can't do that."

"Shut the Bleep up," Sandra yelled at the top of her voice.
"Wow! Vegas can you believe this guy?" She asked turning to the wiry boy who simply shook his head.

"How about we continue this the easy way or is it that you really feel that we shouldn't? Alright I do not have time for all this epistles and please save me the drama and play your part properly." She warned again with a stern look.

"What are you going to do to me? Huh? What?"

Sandra shook her head disdainful,  she was red from anger.
"Pizzaman feed him with some of your pizza." She yelled at the huge guy behind Ijego.

Pizzaman smirked as he stood before Ijego cracking his knuckles.
"You don't want to do what she asks of you?" He asked as he threw a heavy blow which connected with Ijego's belly.

"Oh! My God!" Ijego let out a yelp.

Pizzaman landed another blow on his chin and a tooth loosened. He did that a couple of times as Peter gasped for air.

"Stop!" Sandra ordered moving closer to him.

"Did you enjoy the pizza?" She asked with grin.

"Bite me," Ijego said spitting blood on her face.

"What the heck is wrong with this man?" She asked in disbelief as she withdrew to clean up her face.

"I better swim to my mother
 To tell her that I never made it
 Nothing is more pleasant more
 La la la la La la la la................" Ijego began singing irritably.

"Shut the Bleep up or I will do it for you- you fool," Sandra warned.

Ijego continued singing and that made Sandra boil from anger.
"Richard Hand me that gun, I think that I have had enough of this man."

She held the gun, pointing it at Ijego. She pulled the trigger.

Ijego jerked at the sound of the gun shot. He hadn't been this terrified in his life. Sandra had missed and that made thank his Chi.

"You see that? I ain't joking at all. I could have easily aimed at you and killed you but I didn't because I still lo..." she paused without finishing her statement.

Ijego who was still in shock nodded hysterically, "I will do what you ask of me." He pleaded.

Sandra was now smiling. "We could have done this the easy way but look at you."
She observed Ijego who was fidgeting in his pain.

1 Like

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
Episode 2 continuation

She smiled at him but he looked away.

"You still look handsome anyways. I guess we can. You know. Get together some other time. How about that?" She said trying to flirt with him.

Ijego simply nodded. His swollen face was hurting him so much and he didn't want to compound the throbbing pain by speaking too much.

Sandra picked a knife from the table, came closer to him bent and loosened him.

"Richard will drive you back to your apartment,  there he will give you some money to clean up yourself. Now move!"

"Thank you." He managed to say.
He trudged as he followed Richard who would continously kick dirt away as he made his way out of the large dirty warehouse.

1 Like

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
Episode 3

As soon as Richard dropped Ijego off, he handed him some money and drove off immediately creating a screech. A dog could be heard barking at a corner of the street to that effect.

Ijego was badly wounded and so he trudged as fast as he could into the house he lives in before someone would see him and create a scene. He carried his body like a heavy duffel bag up the staircase. Each step he took caused him sharp pains all over his body. After about ten minutes he was on the fifth floor where his apartment was. Luckily for him, he met no one as he was going up.

"Oh! My God. Someone has broken into my house," he lamented as he pushed his door open. His padlock had been broken. He scanned the house for any move but there was none. He simply closed the door behind him even though the lock was broken he didn't care as the pains all over his body overwhelmed him.
His apartment was in shambles;  the sofas were upside down, the television set, the chairs, tables and books were all scattered but he didn't care much as he needed to contain the pain on his body.

He walked past the sitting room to his bedroom and met the same fate.

Someone's tempting me
. He thought for a while.

He looked up and saw that his shoes had all been taken and that baffled him as he quickly checked for his money and he found none missing. He wanted to check for other valuables but changed his mind.

"Oh! Fvck.  I better get myself in a good condition before anything else." He mumbled as he dragged himself into the bathroom. He took off his cloth and that caused him intense pain. He did some first aid on his broken skin before taking a hot shower; washing away all the crimson on his body.

After about twenty minutes he was through. He ate lunch made of pasta which he had preserved in the fridge the night before. He took some pain killer before going to bed.

His sleep was stressful as he felt sharp pains as the pain killers did there work. He also had series of terrible nightmare and that made him continuously stirring on the bed.

He woke up some minutes past 8pm. After barely sleeping for 5 hours. He yanked off the blanket and stood to his feet.
 He was determined to leave since his apartment was no longer safe at least for now he had a broken door. And also he needed to stay away from Sandra.

He wore a black polo, a hood to cover the broken sides of his head and a denim jeans. He also put all the money he had in the house in his pocket.

Now the pains had reduced but he still felt some reasonable amount of pain. He made his way to the sitting room to leave but something caught his attention .

A Crimson was seeping through a sofa and the piece of cloth he had kept at the center of the sitting room was gradually soaking. He went closer with caution to know what it is.

What he saw next made him dump for some seconds before he could reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
Episode 3 continuation.

A teenager of about 14 was lying almost lifeless on the floor. The right side of his neck was badly wounded.  He bent down trying to be calm as he checked the boy's pulse and discovered that he was still alive. He placed his head on the boy's chest.

"Oh! My goodness," he screamed discovering that the boy's heart beat was dropping. The boy was battered severely and He assumed that whoever did that to the boy left him for dead.

He frowned as he subconsciously rubbed his chin.

"Gosh! What is all this? I better leave town." He said barely audible. He wanted to go and never return. Since he had rented the house with a fake name, he needed not to worry about getting arrested if the boy is later found dead in his apartment.

He turned his back to leave. Taking a few step, he stopped and glanced at the boy again. Then a sudden feeling overwhelmed him; A feeling of compassion took charge of him. He felt a sudden compulsion to walk back to the boy and toss him on his shoulder and take him to a hospital.
But he didn't do that.

Instead he turned to face the boy. So many thoughts running through his mind; How did the boy get into his apartment? Why didn't he see him earlier when he arrived or was the boy left for dead by whoever did that to him? All these questions remained a puzzle to him.

Normally he would have  backed away and left in search of another apartment but something held him back. Something different about the boy made him stop that he feared that the boy might be a trap set for him.

Like a match,  he snapped back to reality realizing that if he wants to save the boy's life that he should be fast about everything.
First, he need to get the boy to a hospital. But he needed some help to get the boy downstairs since their elevator had broken down.

He rushed out of his apartment ignoring the pains he felt all over his body to seek for help. The first apartment he knocked on belongs to a tlyoung reclusive lady whom he has never talked to. After knocking for a while and no response came, he bolted to another door and began banging on the door.

On the sixth knock,  a wiry man who should be in his early 40's responded. He was sweating profusely as he stared at Ijego with a "be quick" expression.

"Good evening sir. I'm Ijego and I live at the 15th apartment over there and...." He was saying before the man interrupted abruptly.

"I know who you are already. And how may I help you?" The man asked as he rolled his eyes, observing Ijego with caution. He could see that his face was swollen and that alone made him insecured. He grew suspicious of Ijego.

Ijego, really pissed off with how the man stared at him tried to play cool in order to get the favour from him. He concealed his anger as he said softly and almost pathetically to the man: "please don't freak out I beg of you. "

"I can't promise that Mr man. And be fast because I  have an unfinished business to attend to." The man responded immediately.  He was becoming impatient with Ijego.

Ijego sensed the aggression in the man's voice and he tried to avoid making him mad the more by delaying.

"Please sir, I want you to help me carry someone down the staircase. I could have used the staircase but you know that it's broken."

"Why should I do that for you?" The man cut him abruptly.

"Honey! Don't keep me waiting." A feminine voice called out from the house.

"I'm coming sweetheart." The man responded immediately.

"Please I want you to help me. A boy in my house has lost a lot of blood and still loosing. He will die if I don't get him to a hospital to receive some treatment."

The man smirked at him showing a badly stained set of teeth and he he said harshly: "Go away man. I can't help you." He banged the door leaving Ijego to his fate.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2018

"What the hell was that?" Ijego lamented.
He bolted back to his apartment, threw the boy on his shoulder before he began trudging out. He walked as fast as he could. Though he felt intense pains all over his body, he couldn't risk wasting more time and leaving the boy to die.

Soon he got down. He tried stopping taxis but none would stop. Since it was night,  nobody would want to carry a bleeding boy in their taxi. Ijego knew that. He also knew that the boy had little time left to live and so it was up to him to devise a means to transport him to a hospital.
He could have easily carried him on his shoulder to a hospital but the nearest one was about 20 minutes drive from where he was and he too was badly wounded meaning that he would barely cover a short distance before he gassed out.

He had no time to waste anymore. Since no help was coming anyways he had to do something.

He dropped the boy on the ground immediately he sighted a man struggling to open his car. He saw how the man was behaving and knew that he would definitely be drunk. He dashed to where the man was, punched the drunk man in the  face and that sent him reeling on the floor.

He opened the door and hopped in.
"I will return your car," he assured him as he reversed. He picked up the wounded boy and put him at the back seat before driving off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
I will post another update tomorrow.

Comments and conversations are what can keep me moving with the story. I will appreciate if will drop a comment after reading.

Ps: Remember to invite others.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by ashatoda: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Please continue
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Episode 4

Ijego's journey to the hospital didn't go as he had planned. After driving for barely a minute, a long traffic jam got him stuck on the way. He realized that he cannot make it to the hospital as quickly as he should; Time was really against him as he needed to save the boy's life.

He quickly devised another plan to help the dying boy; he was going to act as a doctor if he doesn't find any medical personal to help him. Although he had no prior knowledge in paramedics whatsoever, he was determined to do something.
He knew so well that if by paraventure the boy dies that he would ever blame himself. He didn't want that at all. Although he had so many bad things he hasn't ever killed anybody. Though it wasn't his fault that the boy was in that condition, he will still put the blame on his head if the boy dies.

He quickly turned to the right side of the road as soon as he sighted a pathway big enough to contain a small car. Pedestrians plying that road rained causes on him as he drove fast almost hitting them. He simply ignored them and focused on his mission.
He knew where to locate a medicine store and he drove to that direction.

"Oh! Bleep." He yelled bitterly reaching a part of the road that only bikes or pedestrians could ply on. He quickly killed the car's engine as he hopped out. He quickly observed the boy to see if he was still alive before he bolted off to reach for help from professionals since they were the only ones likely to help him now. He headed to St. Mary's Avenue.

St. Mary's avenue would be the best place to go to if you would ever need good drugs in Bremity city. It has several pharmacies and drug stores. From there one could see the house where Ijego lives in.

He didn't hesitate to make any choice rationally; he would simply go into any that was still open.
He ran into Donald Benson's Pharmacy as quickly as he could while scaring the nurses, attendants and customers present. Most of the people there tried to run or even hide while Some murmured among themselves whilst pointing at the well toned man that had just came in.  Ijego who was physically worried didn't budge. He simply slowed down his pace to avoid any unnecessary attention.

Although some crimson had stained his hood, it wasn't so visible, only someone close enough would see it. The small scar on his head made him look more like a criminal but he didn't mind as he hurriedly made his way to the counter.

The person on the counter didn't care much about how he looked. Guess she was used to this kind of look. Ijego didn't hesitate; he began speaking immediately.

"Please, nurse I have a dying friend. He has lost a lot of blood and might die anytime soon. I need your help!"

The lady observed him for a moment before speaking.
"For your information, I am a pharmacist and not a nurse. Just take note of that point of correction. First of all, I need to know if the bleeding has reduced."
She looked up at him for a response and he simply nodded.

"Okay. Is there sign of shock such as: pale; cold or clammy skin; rapid breathing; rapid or weak pulse; reduced level of consciousness? "

"Yes there is. His heartbeat rate has dropped and his breathing is shallow." He answered rapidly.

"Woah! I can help you but you have to pay thirty thousand Dilki ( Đ30000)."

"I will pay." He agreed immediately. He brought out a bundle of money, counted out 10 pieces and handed it to the pharmacist.

After She confirmed the money, she picked up a telephone, and made a call. Soon, a nurse came out to receive instructions.

After the briefing, ijego watched as the nurse began rushing. He saw her pick up 4 packs of blood labelled "O RH D negative", 3 large bandages, a  bottle of phenylephrine, some syringes, a pulse measuring equipment, 2 bags of drip and other paramedical sundries before stuffing them in a jump bag.
Two more other nurse joined her to do the packing. They also got a suction unit and pads.

"Don't just stand there. Take these things let's go. We have got a life to save." The nurse said with urgency written all over her.
 Ijego simply nodded, carried some things and led the way while Two other nurses followed them.

2 Likes

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 17, 2018
Wow i didn't know that such a skilled writer still exists in Nigeria.

I just registered and this particular story got me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 17, 2018
Please give us more updates.

I am hungry for more.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
Episode 4

Ijego's journey to the hospital didn't go as he had planned. After driving for barely a minute, a long traffic jam got him stuck on the way. He realized that he cannot make it to the hospital as quickly as he should; Time was really against him as he needed to save the boy's life.

He quickly devised another plan to help the dying boy; he was going to act as a doctor if he doesn't find any medical personal to help him. Although he had no prior knowledge in paramedics whatsoever, he was determined to do something.
He knew so well that if by paraventure the boy dies that he would ever blame himself. He didn't want that at all. Although he had so many bad things he hasn't ever killed anybody. Though it wasn't his fault that the boy was in that condition, he will still put the blame on his head if the boy dies.

He quickly turned to the right side of the road as soon as he sighted a pathway big enough to contain a small car. Pedestrians plying that road rained causes on him as he drove fast almost hitting them. He simply ignored them and focused on his mission.
He knew where to locate a medicine store and he drove to that direction.

"Oh! Bleep." He yelled bitterly reaching a part of the road that only bikes or pedestrians could ply on. He quickly killed the car's engine as he hopped out. He quickly observed the boy to see if he was still alive before he bolted off to reach for help from professionals since they were the only ones likely to help him now. He headed to St. Mary's Avenue.

St. Mary's avenue would be the best place to go to if you would ever need good drugs in Bremity city. It has several pharmacies and drug stores. From there one could see the house where Ijego lives in.

He didn't hesitate to make any choice rationally; he would simply go into any that was still open.
He ran into Donald Benson's Pharmacy as quickly as he could while scaring the nurses, attendants and customers present. Most of the people there tried to run or even hide while Some murmured among themselves whilst pointing at the well toned man that had just came in.  Ijego who was physically worried didn't budge. He simply slowed down his pace to avoid any unnecessary attention.

Although some crimson had stained his hood, it wasn't so visible, only someone close enough would see it. The small scar on his head made him look more like a criminal but he didn't mind as he hurriedly made his way to the counter.

The person on the counter didn't care much about how he looked. Guess she was used to this kind of look. Ijego didn't hesitate; he began speaking immediately.

"Please, nurse I have a dying friend. He has lost a lot of blood and might die anytime soon. I need your help!"

The lady observed him for a moment before speaking.
"For your information, I am a pharmacist and not a nurse. Just take note of that point of correction. First of all, I need to know if the bleeding has reduced."
She looked up at him for a response and he simply nodded.

"Okay. Is there sign of shock such as: pale; cold or clammy skin; rapid breathing; rapid or weak pulse; reduced level of consciousness? "

"Yes there is. His heartbeat rate has dropped and his breathing is shallow." He answered rapidly.

"Woah! I can help you but you have to pay thirty thousand Dilki ( Đ30000)."

"I will pay." He agreed immediately. He brought out a bundle of money, counted out 10 pieces and handed it to the pharmacist.

After She confirmed the money, she picked up a telephone, and made a call. Soon, a nurse came out to receive instructions.

After the briefing, ijego watched as the nurse began rushing. He saw her pick up 4 packs of blood labelled "O RH D negative", 3 large bandages, a  bottle of phenylephrine, some syringes, a pulse measuring equipment, 2 bags of drip and other paramedical sundries before stuffing them in a jump bag.
Two more other nurse joined her to do the packing. They also got a suction unit and pads.

"Don't just stand there. Take these things let's go. We have got a life to save." The nurse aid with urgency written all over her.

Ijego simply nodded, carried some items and led the way while Three nurses followed him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
I will try to update this thead tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by nastynic(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Following
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2018
In less than 2 minutes, they got to where the boy was.

The car would be difficult to stay in and treat the boy, so the nurses had to do something. Though, No blanket or mattress was were available-they had to improvise. They looked around and one of them sighted a pile of carton at a corner.
"Go get those," the head nurse said.
Seconds later, The boy was laid on the pile of cartons.

The nurse checked for pulses before beginning the treatment. She gave him a shot of phenylephrine and after that she set the process of blood transfusion before other treatment commenced.

Ijego watched the medical practitioners do their work. His heart almost melting into his belly as he prayed that the boy should not die.

After some minutes the nurses were done. The head turned to Ijego with a smile and said, "He will be fine after some time. No vital organ was damaged. But I fear that he might need a doctor or a nurse around to constantly check on his blood pressure."

Ijego heaved a sigh in relief.
"Alright! I would take him to a hospital soon. Do you recommend any?"

"No I don't. We could have used our facility if we had any license for such medical practice." The head nurse replied.

"Thank you very much Nurse. I appreciate," he said stretching forth his hand for an handshake. "I am Ijego by the way."

"You are welcomed Mr Ijego. I am phylucia."

Ijego smiled warmly.

The nurses stayed for an hour until it began to get really cold. It was aleady past eleven.

"Let's take him into the car. I advise you stay here for the night. You shouldn't risk making the matter worse by driving and creating vibrations all over his body." Phylucia said.

"Agreed," Ijego replied with another warm smile.

They helped him carry the boy into the car. The nurse changed the blood bank as the other was already drained, and Ijego watched her do it.

"Remove it this way when it finishes. I will be back in the morning to check on him." Phylucia said and left.

Ijego knew how risky it was to be outside bremity city late in he night but he was going to take the risk-If that would make the boy feel better.

Sleep didn't come as quickly as he had expected. He then brought out his phone to see that he had missed six calls; three from Sandra, one from Ben and two from an unknown number and also,Three messages from Sandra. 
His eyes widened as he opened the first message.

It read,

I am sorry sweetheart about what I did to you earlier. My father made me do it to you-He wanted me to prove how capable I was.

I love you!

Sandra.

The second message read,

Pick up the phone. I need to tell you something.

The third read,

Fine. If you don't want to pick up.
I just want to advise you to leave town. Go to somewhere safe because my father guards have been ordered to track you until you get the elixir. I know too well that you wouldn't be able to get it. Run and never come back to Bremity unless you get the elixir.

Love, Sandra.

Ijego was left speechless.  He didn't know what to think. He decided to take her advise. He didn't sleep soon as he waited for the blood bank to get used up.

He then, slept afterwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2018
nice wan OP,, hope u will finish this story? and will not b begging b4 u update
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
I will try my best to update as soon and often as I ought to.

All I seek is encouragement to go on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
iHateHaters:
I will try my best to update as soon and often as I ought to.

All I seek is encouragement to go on.

God will help u ooo... sha don't leave us hanging
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by roqrules04(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nice story bro
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Episode 6

The following morning, the nurse came again. She was wearing a black crop top and a pair of tight shorts. It was already 7:20 am when she arrived and Ijego was still sleeping. The nurse could see through the car.
She glanced at the back and saw that the boy was up already. She waved at him indicating that should wake Ijego but he didn't.

She simply ignored the boy and knocked on the driver's side of the car jolting ijego back from his deep sleep. He quickly arose, alerted but he calmed when he saw who it was. He would have laughed at his silliness but he kept calm and quickly unlocked the door.

When he got out of the car, he  stretched himself to shake off the sleep still in his eyes before he stretched forth his hand to greet the nurse.

"Good morning nurse," he said as he tried to smile.

"Good morning Mr Ijego. How was your night and how's the boy?"she asked as she withdrew her hand.

"Let's find out," he said as he turned and opened the door for her.

The boy was visibly scared of the nurse and he continued to move away whenever she tried to touch him.
"Don't worry boy I would not hurt you. My name is Phylucia and I am a nurse- I am here to help you," she said as she gave him a smile.

The boy still continued to move back until he was at the door.
"Move away!" He said barely audible.

Phylucia backed away to face Ijego. She gave him the 'I don't know what is wrong with your friend' look which he understood.

Ijego tried talking to the boy but in turn the boy began to scream on top of his voice as tears streamed from his eyes.

Ijego quickly got into the car and locked the door. He was now really pissed. His brown large eyes were almost flaming and anger were written all over his face.

Seeing how angry Ijego had gotten, the boy stopped shouting but began whimpering as he expected a violent reaction.

"Now look at me little boy- I don't care who you are and I don't want to know. But I swear on my left ball that-that if you by any chance cause me trouble or get me into trouble by attracting eyes to us with your screams then I would silence you forever. You understand that?" He fumed angrily.

The boy nodded nonplussed.

Ijego observed the boy for a moment and began to speak again but with a calmer tone, "my name is Ijego and I found you almost dead in my house and so I brought you here and with the help of this nurse and her friends you were treated. Now tell me, 'is screaming the best way to show gratitude to people that saved your life?'"

"N-n-no it is not," the boy said feeling the bandages and pad on his neck.

"Good- or are you trying to bring trouble to me for saving your life?"

"I'm sorry about that."

Ijego took a deep breath and said calmly, "I know that you might feel that you are in some kind of danger and I understand that you do not know who I am and you are scared too. All  I want is for you to stay calm and act nice. I wouldn't hurt you at all- though I could have left you for dead if I had wanted to but I didn't, With that you should see that I am not going to hurt you that's why the nurse is here. So, boy be nice and let her do her job. You understand me?"

The boy nodded as if saying 'please lion do not eat me. I am ready to do what you ask of me.'

Ijego got down from the car.

Phylucia, seeing that the boy looked calmer went into the car to complete the check up.

She checked him for signs of any seizure and found non. She gave him some analgesic to ease up the pains on the neck and some other parts he might be feeling Any pains as well.

"You are expected to be fine before sunset. But continue taking this drugs until the wound is completely healed," she said handing a container of analgesics to the boy.
"Be nice kid and don't make your friend mad again," she concluded, getting down from the car.

"I'm through Mr Ijego," she said.

"I can't thank you enough nurse for sparing your time to come here. It's really nice of you."

"Oh! You are welcomed. I came by because I was off for the day."

"Alright," Ijego said as he tried to get open the car.

"Here, call me if you need my  Help," she said handing him a card that bore her phone number . Then  she jogged off.

Ijego got into the car and turned it on, a grin had already registered in his face.
"I am taking us to a safer place. There you will tell me everything about yourself little boy," he said to the boy driving off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
tanks a lot for the update.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by hizzypearl(f): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2018
Good Morning o
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by Gotee11(m): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Wow, this is good. Thanks for your updates
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by Richimills(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2018
fastened my seat bet. can't wait
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by monalicious(f): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2018
Good story. I'm hooked
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2018
FP tinz, congrat OP. jah bless ya hand work
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by ChuxMyk(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
iHateHaters:
 Episode 6

The following morning, the nurse came again. She was wearing a black crop top and a pair of tight shorts. It was already 7:20 am when she arrived and Ijego was still sleeping. The nurse could see through the car.
She glanced at the back and saw that the boy was up already. She waved at him indicating that should wake Ijego but he didn't.

She simply ignored the boy and knocked on the driver's side of the car jolting ijego back from his deep sleep. He quickly arose, alerted but he calmed when he saw who it was. He would have laughed at his silliness but he kept calm and quickly unlocked the door.

When he got out of the car, he  stretched himself to shake off the sleep still in his eyes before he stretched forth his hand to greet the nurse.

"Good morning nurse," he said as he tried to smile.

"Good morning Mr Ijego. How was your night and how's the boy?"she asked as she withdrew her hand.

"Let's find out," he said as he turned and opened the door for her.

The boy was visibly scared of the nurse and he continued to move away whenever she tried to touch him.
"Don't worry boy I would not hurt you. My name is Phylucia and I am a nurse- I am here to help you," she said as she gave him a smile.

The boy still continued to move back until he was at the door.
"Move away!" He said barely audible.

Phylucia backed away to face Ijego. She gave him the 'I don't know what is wrong with your friend' look which he understood.

Ijego tried talking to the boy but in turn the boy began to scream on top of his voice as tears streamed from his eyes.

Ijego quickly got into the car and locked the door. He was now really pissed. His brown large eyes were almost flaming and anger were written all over his face.

Seeing how angry Ijego had gotten, the boy stopped shouting but began whimpering as he expected a violent reaction.

"Now look at me little boy- I don't care who you are and I don't want to know. But I swear on my left ball that-that if you by any chance cause me trouble or get me into trouble by attracting eyes to us with your screams then I would silence you forever. You understand that?" He fumed angrily.

The boy nodded nonplussed.

Ijego observed the boy for a moment and began to speak again but with a calmer tone, "my name is Ijego and I found you almost dead in my house and so I brought you here and with the help of this nurse and her friends you were treated. Now tell me, 'is screaming the best way to show gratitude to people that saved your life?'"

"N-n-no it is not," the boy said feeling the bandages and pad on his neck.

"Good- or are you trying to bring trouble to me for saving your life?"

"I'm sorry about that."

Ijego took a deep breath and said calmly, "I know that you might feel that you are in some kind of danger and I understand that you do not know who I am and you are scared too. All  I want is for you to stay calm and act nice. I wouldn't hurt you at all- though I could have left you for dead if I had wanted to but I didn't, With that you should see that I am not going to hurt you that's why the nurse is here. So, boy be nice and let her do her job. You understand me?"

The boy nodded as if saying 'please lion do not eat me. I am ready to do what you ask of me.'

Ijego got down from the car.

Phylucia, seeing that the boy looked calmer went into the car to complete the check up.

She checked him for signs of any seizure and found non. She gave him some analgesic to ease up the pains on the neck and some other parts he might be feeling Any pains as well.

"You are expected to be fine before sunset. But continue taking this drugs until the wound is completely healed," she said handing a container of analgesics to the boy.
"Be nice kid and don't make your friend mad again," she concluded, getting down from the car.

"I'm through Mr Ijego," she said.

"I can't thank you enough nurse for sparing your time to come here. It's really nice of you."

"Oh! You are welcomed. I came by because I was off for the day."

"Alright," Ijego said as he tried to get open the car.

"Here, call me if you need my  Help," she said handing him a card that bore her phone number . Then  she jogged off.

Ijego got into the car and turned it on, a grin had already registered in his face.
"I am taking us to a safer place. There you will tell me everything about yourself little boy," he said to the boy driving off.
[size=20pt]RUBBISH!!![/size]
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by Preciousbouy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
i don land oooo... Who dey serve the cold kunu with popcorn... Nice story OP
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by iHateHaters: 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
skubido:
FP tinz, congrat OP. jah bless ya hand work

It's a form of motivation to me.

I will update more today.
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
ChuxMyk:
[size=20pt]RUBBISH!!![/size]

plz stop quoting update, Is kind off
Re: Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) by skubido(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
iHateHaters:

It's a form of motivation to me.
I will update more today.
correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aishat Zubair-zeinymira / Chinua Achebe & Wole Soyinka, Who Is D Better Writer? / Where Can I Download 9ja Gospel Of Kosobabire And Gbemisoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.