Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God (1601 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Jehovah Witnesses: Are You The Servants Of Your Fathers, As You Say Jesus Was? / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2018
Hello everyone.

There is a particular verse people who don't believe Jesus is God often pull out from the Bible to butress their point. But the sad part for them is that the verse actually proves he is God. The verse is usually used by Jehovah's witnesses and Muslims to state that Jesus is not God and that the Trinity doctrine is false. Read the verse below.

Luke 18:18-19

18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Jehovah's witnesses and Muslims are always quick to show people this verse. They say Jesus said it is only God that is good, which means every other being including Jesus are not good. To them, that alone proves he is not God. But is that what Jesus said? Let's examine his words.

“Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."

Lets ask them a question: Is Jesus Christ good? Their obvious answer will be an emphatic YES.

Now, if they agree that Jesus is good, while he says that only God is good, isn't that a clear admittance that Jesus is God?

The Bible which Jehovah's witnesses think they believe in strongly points out how good Jesus is. The Quran which Muslims believe in does the same.

1 Peter 2:22
WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

1 John 3:5
You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

1 Peter 1:18-19
knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

The above Bible verses show that Jesus was sinless all through his stay on Earth. Being sinless means you are good. If Jehovah's witnesses believe Jesus is good, then they should also believe he is God because he clearly stated so. There's no way they can say he is not good, because it will mean that God offered an imperfect sacrifice for the redemption of mankind, which isn't so.

1 Peter 1:18-19
knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

Now, the Quran verse below proves that Jesus is good and faultless when the news of his coming was given.

He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. Sura Maryam 19:19 (Pickthal)

If the Bible and Quran both agree that Jesus was sinless, faultless and good, then it means He is God. His statement that only God is good is a clear statement that He is God because He is Good.

4 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Everfrank(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2018
This warped argument can also mean that there are a thousand and one God out there.
If Jesus was God because he is good then it means every good man is God. It means you can also be God if you are good.

4 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2018
Everfrank:
This warped argument can also mean that there are a thousand and one God out there.
If Jesus was God because he is good then it means every good man is God. It means you can also be God if you are good.
Now, mention one "good" man you know and I will point out some sins of his even if he's someone I've never seen before.

That's to show you that it is only Jesus that is good, which makes him God.

5 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Everfrank(m): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Now, mention one "good" man you know and I will point out some sins of his even if he's someone I've never seen before.

You are already claiming a quality that exclusively belong to God: Knowing the unknown.

3 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
Everfrank:

You are already claiming a quality that exclusively belong to God: Knowing the unknown.
No, don't think to that extent.

Mind you, I'm only making such point because of what the word of God says: all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Everyone is a sinners, even the good man whom I told you to mention his name. It is only Jesus that never sinned.

3 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by tartar9(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
In summary,Jesus lied when he said don't call him good;He's actually good,and since the only good person is God.Therefore,Jesus is God!

2 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Madara713(m): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
Good analysis.
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
tartar9:
In summary,Jesus lied when he said don't call him good;He's actually good,and since the only good person is God.Therefore,Jesus is God!
He didn't lie neither did he say you shouldn't call him good. He only asked a question to prove he is God.

Read the verse again.

4 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by els0nm0rali(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
tartar9:

If he lied then he was no longer good, then he isn't God?

In actual fact that verse the op quoted is a lesson in something.

A lot of Jesus's actions was to TEACH us about a particular virtue or the other.

Humility, the Queen and Foundation of all virtues was what Jesus Christ was teaching there.

Don't let people praise you that you are good because in reality only God is good and whatever good works you do is only possible because God has given you the grace to.

If you need biblical proof of the Divinity of Christ, you may want to start from the old Testament, precisely 500 years before the birth of the Redeemer.

Prophet Isaias said of Him 500 years before His birth

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
cf Is 9:6

Then moving swiftly to the first chapter of the Gospel of the Apostle John we have a theological summary of who Jesus IS.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
cf John 1:1

Only ignorant people pick up the Bible as use it as a means of proof against the profound truth of Christianity. And the only way you can read the Bible is to read it in consonant with the Church. Personal interpretations are invalid and would probably be erroneous without the input of the authority of the Magesterium.

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

He,Jesus never called himself God...Or is it possible to be a Servant,Son,Prophet and God at the same time..Pls stop saying rubbish
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
He,Jesus never called himself God...Or is it possible to be a Servant,Son,Prophet and God at the same time..Pls stop saying rubbish
He didn't even need to call himself God. He did so many things to prove it. Proving is better than saying it.
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
He didn't even need to call himself God. He did so many things to prove it. Proving is better than saying it.
......Without the Permission of Almighty God He would not have performed those Miracles...Jesus is a Prophet and servant of God..Pls go n read ur Bible very well..U r very fully,U Mean Your God(Jesus) that was Kicked,Slapped,Beaten and flogged by those He Created,,How on earth is that Possible? God Die for ur sin
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
......Without the Permission of Almighty God He would not have performed those Miracles...Jesus is a Prophet and servant of God..Pls go n read ur Bible very well..U r very fully,U Mean Your God(Jesus) that was Kicked,Slapped,Beaten and flogged by those He Created,,How on earth is that Possible? God Die for ur sin
He had to endure all of that to redeem mankind from eternal damnation their disobedience placed them in.

He was the lamb sacrificed for our sins. Have you ever seen where a lamb to be slaughtered I petted and kissed?

2 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
He had to endure all of that to redeem mankind from eternal damnation their disobedience placed them in.

He was the lamb sacrificed for our sins. Have you ever seen where a lamb to be slaughtered I petted and kissed?

What rubbish is this one saying ? Your God that created You was crucified by those he created...Open ur Bible to Acts 3 vs 26....
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
What rubbish is this one saying ? Your God that created You was crucified by those he created...Open ur Bible to Acts 3 vs 26....
Yes, that was the only way to redeem them from the grip of Satan .

How else would we have been redeemed?

2 Likes

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Yes, that was the only way to redeem them from the grip of Satan .

How else would we have been redeemed?
Open ur Bible to the Book of Acts 3 vs 26...
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
Open ur Bible to the Book of Acts 3 vs 26...
And so what ?

Acts 3:26

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

And so what ?

Acts 3:26

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
Is Jesus still God or son and by the way which Bible version are You Using cos It is Servant in some Bible Versions and not Son ?
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
Is Jesus still God or son and by the way which Bible version are You Using cos It is Servant in some Bible Versions and not Son ?
He is the son of God.

King James which is the earliest, not all thesenperverses versions inspired by heresies

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
He is the son of God.

King James which is the earliest, not all thesenperverses versions inspired by heresies
Acts 3 vs 26..New Testament Version, TO YOU FIRST,GOD,HAVING RAISED UP HIS SERVANT JESUS,SENT HIM TO BLESS YOU..............U changed servant to son
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
Acts 3 vs 26..New Testament Version, TO YOU FIRST,GOD,HAVING RAISED UP HIS SERVANT JESUS,SENT HIM TO BLESS YOU..............U changed servant to son
New versions changed it, not me.
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by crimeboss: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
Everfrank:

Yes, there numbers of unrecognized saints either dead or alive, the bible says u are gods for all those that believe in righteousness and Jesus is the son of God, u can argue this but the fact stands on till judgement day, for u it not too late.

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
New versions changed it, not me.
Which of the Bible Version are You Using ?
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by alBHAGDADI: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
Which of the Bible Version are You Using ?
King james
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Yusuf54: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
King james
Which of The King James Versions are You Using ?
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by MuttleyLaff: 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
Yusuf54:
......Without the Permission of Almighty God He would not have performed those Miracles...
Jesus is a Prophet and servant of God..
Pls go n read ur Bible very well..U r very fully,
U Mean Your God (Jesus) that was Kicked, Slapped, Beaten and flogged by those He Created,,
How on earth is that Possible? God Die for ur sin

alBHAGDADI:

He was the lamb sacrificed for our sins.
Have you ever seen where a lamb to be slaughtered I petted and kissed?
He was abused and punished, but he didn't open his mouth.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.
He was like a sheep that is silent when its wool is cut off.
He didn't open his mouth.

- Isaiah 53:7

The passage of scripture which he was reading was this:
"He was like a sheep that is taken to be slaughtered,
like a lamb that makes no sound when its wool is cut off.
He did not say a word.

- Acts 8:32

alBHAGDADI:
He is the son of God.
KJV isnt the earliest
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Hello everyone.

There is a particular verse people who don't believe Jesus is God often pull out from the Bible to butress their point. But the sad part for them is that the verse actually proves he is God. The verse is usually used by Jehovah's witnesses and Muslims to state that Jesus is not God and that the Trinity doctrine is false. Read the verse below.

18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Jehovah's witnesses and Muslims are always quick to show people this verse. They say Jesus said it is only God that is good, which means every other being including Jesus are not good. To them, that alone proves he is not God. But is that what Jesus said? Let's examine his words.

the One in the quoted verse refers to the trinity(God the father, the son and the holy spirit) them saying Jesus is good means attributing that quality to Jesus only, but Jesus being clever to understand why they said he's good, was quick to redirect that praise to God(trinity). in which he is one of.

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Hello everyone.

JESUS isn't saying he is not Good, those saying he is Good is praising him, and him not wanting to take the glory upon himself, is saying that no one is Good expect One(the father, the son, the holy spirit).

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by sonmvayina(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
God is not a man or human being... Jesus is not and can never be God..

He is just a roman creation to make mockery of the creator and also deceive you..

God is responsible and in control of all his creation, the devil is not an exception..
Na wetin God tell devil to do na him devil dey do...
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by johnw47: 4:07am On Jul 16, 2018
Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

every gift from the Father is good, Jesus is a gift from the Father:

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Father and the Word is God:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by Amberon11: 6:14am On Jul 16, 2018
I don't know why Muslims and others will be coming here to drag about our faith with us. Jesus is God and your brainwashing cannot change that.

1 Like

Re: A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Amberon11:
I don't know why Muslims and others will be coming here to drag about our faith with us. Jesus is God and your brainwashing cannot change that.

never ever argue or drag ur faith with anyone.
it's not scriptural, when u sense an argument coming..... just shift. so many forces act on what we hear or read and most times if one is not careful enough, u can and will be swayed into trading ur faith.

arguing religion is not considered as healthy sparring, it degenerates most times to violence.

just say what u have to say and leave the rest.

Yours is to proclaim, that's all

I learnt this the HARD way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Pretend To Love Others (Romans 12:9-10) / See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) / Did Allah Really Command Satan To Prostrate To Adam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.