Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Agonies Of Fatherhood - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Agonies Of Fatherhood (8567 Views)

The agonies of a man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by Ann2012(f): 6:09am On Jul 18, 2018
SaiNigeria:
Sad story.... guy apply joke here before people begin cry

People like me..... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2018
As John gazed at the strange man in his sitting room, the strange man gazed at the wall tactlessly.
John wondered the rationale behind his wife starving him only to feed a strange man right in his matrimonial home.
"Mama Ugo, who's this man and what is he doing in my house at this time of the night" John asked.
This time, the wife has withdrawn the initial sense of remorse she exhibited and appeared defiant and unapologetic.
John having spent many months in the police cell has been made to be cautious in whatever he does. Sensing that the atmosphere is charged and could lead to physical combat against the intruder, he asked the man to leave his house quietly.

The man like a fowl drenched in the rain stood up and left fearfully.
John then took his wife outside of the house so as to to escape the listening ears if the kids sleeping on the floor.
For the first time ever, John called his wife by her name: Chioma, why have you decided to bring this family to disrepute. Ugo did his own and left us to our fate. I spent months in the dingy cell facility of the police, sold almost half of our land to come out of the problem. Now you bring men in to my matrimonial room, do you want me to commit murder and spend the rest of my life in jail "
Chioma his wife wasn't yielding to the discussion neither did she felt remorseful nor offered an apology.

John now irritated thundered at his wife "Are you not the one I'm talking to woman"
The wife replied angrily " John leave me alone "
Before she could finish the statement, John landed a thunderous slap on her face.
As if that was the straw waiting to break the Carmel's back, his wife ran inside the house, packed his bag and left for her father's house.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by alcmene: 7:00am On Jul 18, 2018
embarassed
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by alcmene: 7:15am On Jul 18, 2018
What a bad situation that some Fathers go through
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by xaviercasmir(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2018
Even better for Mr John. Fatherhood is not easy. Nwoke n'ife. Keep it up Cowhard
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2018
To be a man is not a day job!
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Let me grab my seat with a bottle of red wine.

Ride on Cowhard...
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by uju22(f): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2018
hmm nice one Bro, keep it coming biko
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by youngfaraday1(m): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2018
Life's temptation is too much for Mr John and needs divine intervention to be able to overcome these issues of life. Nice one brother

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by youngfaraday1(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2018
Life's temptation is too much for Mr John and needs divine intervention to be able to overcome these issues of life. Nice one brother
[sub][/sub]
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by Mikky007: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2018
Keep it coming bro... Such an interesting storyline.. What men go through in keeping the home front.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2018
Updates coming shortly
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by selab: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2018
Life not fear for John at all. I pity him o
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2018
When the wife packed her belongings and left the house, John sat dumbfounded and watched helplessly as his wife disappeared into the darkness of the night.
He was at loss on what to do. But apologising to her for the assault was out of it.
He then went inside the house and laid beside the kids still thinking on what to do.
In the morning, the kids woke up and inquired about their mother.
John was unable to succinctly narrate what transpired the previous night to the children and had to lie to them that she visited her parents.
Few days later, their mother wasn't seen in the house so they decided to go to their mother's place to see her.
Chioma lied to them that their father after getting drunk pounced on her and sent her packing from the house.

The kids having been brainwashed resolved to unleash terror on their father if he refuses to apologize to their mother and bring her back to the house.
John was devastated but got consoled by the fact that he will reap the fruit of his labour when the kids come of age.
While his wife was away, a friend advised him to get another wife so she can take care of the kids and be his companion.

John vehemently objected and swore that he better resort to masturbation to cool off his sexual urge than to bring another woman into his home.
As the kids increased their agitation for their mother's return, John pondered on it and decided to forgive her and then 'apologize' to her for the betterment of the kids.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by SaiNigeria: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Which kind bad luck is this please
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by BuariCopyPaste: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nawao.....
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
SaiNigeria:

It's a pity
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
John had to let go of his ego and agreed to bring his wife back to the house for the sake of the kids.
Surprisingly, his in-laws demanded he brings some gallons of palm wine, tubbers of yam and a sizable bowl of kola nut.
John played along and brought his wife home to look after the kids before they go the way of the first son who's whereabouts remains unknown to the family.
John deprived himself the basic things of life as a man to ensure his kids are well fed and had quality education.

Many years later, the female kids have grown and were about writing their SSCE exams.
That same year, the fugitive first son returned home with a car and apologized to his father for the ugly incident and how he made him get locked up.

John forgave him and inquired about his source of livelihood in the city.
Ugo told him that when he fled the village, he squatted with a friend in Lagos. From there he began doing all sort of menial jobs to feed himself. "Papa I was able to save enough money and I set up an electronic business. In fact, I now import electrical appliances from China" he told his father.

As father and son were discussing, the mother emerged from the front yard and embraced her son. Chioma later lied to his son that his father beat her to stupor and sent her packing from the house some years ago.
Without asking for his father's version of the story, Ugo emerged from his mother's room and intercepted his father who was about going for his night security work.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2018
SaiNigeria:

E be like follow come
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2018
It took the timely intervention of other children for John not to be manhandled by his first son for allegedly battering their mother and sending her packing from the house.
John almost shed tears as he couldn't open up to the children on the fact that their mother sleeps around with other men.

Nevertheless he left for his duty post amidst a disgusting look from his pugnacious son.
The next day, Ugo preparing to return to the city decided to take his other brothers with him.
He took their mother inside of the room and doled out an unspecified amount of cash to her.
He also provided his sisters with some cash before dashing in to his vehicle and sped off.
John was seated at the front veranda while his son sped off with other of his male children.

He however remained unperturbed and felt fulfilled to have seen all his kids through secondary schools.
As luck would have it, all his female children got married same year and in quicker succession. John was really happy and literally fastened his seat belt in anticipation of enjoying his long awaited fruit of labor.

His other male children also sent another good news back home on how they have successfully set up businesses for themselves.
The lost and long awaited joy seemed to have located the family of Mr and Mrs John.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by quinSonia(f): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
CowHard pls more update oh
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
John still basking in the euphoria of his children's good fortune, walked in a rather majestic style and beamed with confidence.
In no distant time, his first daughter gave birth and his wife went for the traditional Omugwo.
Chioma his wife returned after a three months stay at her daughter's house.
She came home with a lot of goodies ranging from wrappers of various brands to jewelries, shoes, and others.

Aside the material gifts, she looked so refreshed like she just returned from an oversea vacation.
Chioma appeared 'empowered' as she now dole out cash to buy whatever she needs.
Like it was a planned deal, their second daughter gave birth after few months of Chioma's return from the first Omugwo.
She again took the next available car to her daughter's house.

John again started living the life of a bachelor.
He cooks for himself, washes his clothes and had no one to chat with.
Few months later, his wife returned and looked more fresher and fattened.
Material gifts reigned in her room. John was almost tempted to exhibit a sense of envy on his wife but shrugged it off.
Having fulfilled his dream of training up his kids, John quit the security work and concentrated on the Mason work as age was no longer on his side.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by jey4all(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
More updates please
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
As John continued to live the life of a bachelor, the thought of getting another wife came knocking again. If not for anything but for the sake of eating delicious meals before he joins his ancestors.
His wife is no longer reachable owning to the fact that she now rotates her journey among the house of her children.

John increasingly became frustrated once again. After over a year, she returned home to the delight of his husband. As she unpacked her sets of goodies, she opened her pause and brought out a note of one thousand naira, handed to John her husband and said "your daughters said I should give you this"
"Ugo your first son also said I should give you this" she said as she handed a parcel concealed in a nylon to her husband.

John smiled as what he longed for seems to be coming into fruition.
He loosed the nylon bag, opened the parcel and behold it was a bottle of foreign wine. John was at loss on what to do. So he tossed the 'consignment' in to the cupboard and left for his Mason work.

On several occasions, Chioma his wife goes out and return with a barbecued chicken to devour by herself. John could only salivate on the aroma of his wife's food while she enjoys herself. John is fast aging and wearing out while his wife now looks ravishing.
Mr and Mrs John live under same roof but all John is left to cuddle at night is his dusty mattress.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by SaiNigeria: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mikel Obi's father can relate to this storyline
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
SaiNigeria:
Mikel Obi's father can relate to this storyline

Lol this guy
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
Updates coming soon
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 6:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Since John can no longer reach his children on phone, his only opportunity to hear from them is when his wife is communicating with them over the phone and perhaps it touches her heart to give her husband the phone to speak to them.
As years passed, John became unable to keep up with the rigorous activities of Mason work.
He literally retired from the work and gradually started the palm wine tapping business.
"My children have turned their back on me after all I went through for their sake' John told a friend of his that visited.
"It's high time you get another wife that will be with you in the impending old age" his friend advised as they deposited some content of snuff into the nostrils.
He went ahead to tell John that a man is supposed to save for the rainy days which is his old age.

"Get a new wife now because your being alive or dead no longer matters to your wife now. Let me tell you, your wife may have started seeing you to be a stumbling block to her happiness" he continued.
"The longevity of a man lies in the hands of his wife and remember that the pubic region without the hairs has lost it's glory and dignity " he explained to John.
He went further to convince him to get a new wife by narrating a story of how a certain wife connived with some criminals to kill her husband so she can inherit his property and have the children's attention all to herself.
John pondered and brainstormed on his next line of action. Even if he's to get another wife, there's no money to foot the bill of the ceremony.
At this juncture, his wife Chioma now visits him from time to time as she has relocated to her children's place.
Even when he tries to reach his children on phone for some kind of financial assistance, they would promise to call him back when they are less busy but never call back.
John now frustrated and embittered on the fate that has befallen him gradually developed the habit of talking to himself and a flash of dementia.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by skubido(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2018
Ghost readers well done.
Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by CowHard: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
One fateful morning John engrossed with the thought of his predicaments, slashed his finger with his pen knife while checking his wine atop the palm tree.
While nursing the pains inflicted by the cut, he fell from the tree top and crash landed to the ground on his back.
Neighbors that heard the unusual sound rushed to the scene and met John in the pool of his own blood.
They brought a wheelbarrow and used it to convey him to the hospital.
"How can a man with successful children live a life like a childless man" said some passerby as they pushed John pass the village square.

At the hospital, John got admitted after his neighbors that brought him donated some money for the commencement of his treatment.
When his wife and other of his children got the wind of what happened to their husband and father, none deemed it fit to travel to the village to know how he was faring.

The doctor advised he be transferred to the state teaching hospital for a qualitative medications as his health deteriorated.
Ugo the first son was in China to purchase some goods, the first daughter was on holidays with her husband in Dubai. In fact everyone had one reason or the other to decline traveling home to take proper care of their husband and father.

'Mine is agonies of fatherhood while others are having joys of fatherhood" John said as he sobbed on the hospital bed.
"In my next world, I will prepare myself for fatherhood so as to be able to take care of myself when I get old' he said to himself and wept.

1 Like

Re: Agonies Of Fatherhood by alcmene: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
This is an opener

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diary Of the 3 Crazy Friends( A short story). / Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa / How To Attach A Downloadable File On My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.