Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Chrome Cache To Me Is A Bug, - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chrome Cache To Me Is A Bug, (359 Views)

Is This A Bug On Nairaland? / Who Else Have Noticed That Some Sites Don't Open On Chrome? / Google Chrome Have Started Marking Sites Without ‘HTTPS’ As Not Secure.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chrome Cache To Me Is A Bug, by webady: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
Chrome cache to me is a Bug? Lets consider this..

You recently update your pages for users and you can't sit and relax and watch your updates roll, because only Google chrome will still be showing your old pages for about 30 - 90 days until you initiate a deep refresh on your browser.

Now tell me how users that are meant to see the update will see it, is it professional to ask users to refresh

I know there are methods of instructing servers to clear global cache before visit but that works only for php pages. You will need .htaccess tweak to refresh your html pages on server request before visit.

I know deep cache has a lot of advantages, but updating your pages with ease is almost impossible with Chrome, there has to be some tweaks to make sure Chrome display your updates globally.

Webmasters what do you think... What are your thoughts or do you any easy way out of Chrome Deep Cache in light of page updates.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Create Smtp Unlimited By Yourself, You Can Create As Many You Want / What Is The Best Free Plagiarism Checker Tool? / Hacking And Money Making Techniques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.