Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (21261 Views)

Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday / Fun Places Of Kids In Lagos / Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by DisGuy: 7:34am On Aug 20, 2010
At Ghana we took them to visit their dad's family but it was just at one place for all of them so we got that out of the way quickly then we went to the Zoo, museums - palace and army, Labadi Beach (much cleaner & more entertainment, sorry Wink ) and many more entertaining places.

So, the kids said they enjoyed Ghana more than Nigeria Cry

I knew this was going to happen!!! grin

Holiday in nigeria is mainly a family affair, except you have been visiting regularly or perhaps wants to visit another state/town entirely!

Hope the next one will be better now you got this one out of the way
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 7:36am On Aug 20, 2010
Dis Guy:

I knew this was going to happen!!! grin

Holiday in nigeria is mainly a family affair, except you have been visiting regularly or perhaps wants to visit another state/town entirely!

Hope the next one will be better now you got this one out of the way

That's what I've promised the kids. I said the next holiday to Lagos would be more entertaining for them as we won't need to go visit all those aunties again grin
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by funkybaby(f): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2010
Dis Guy:

Cant wait!!

Lol.
You are on your own.

There's nothing that will make me drive that 'go kart' thing.

I dunno which scares me more: the rather small racing track, the boys there (with so much adrenalin and most of them already high on booze) or the visible plastic jerrycan of petrol by the pedals undecided

anyways, to each their own.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Remii(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2010
funkybaby:

Lol.
You are on your own.

There's nothing that will make me drive that 'go kart' thing.

I dunno which scares me more: the rather small racing track, the boys there (with so much adrenalin and most of them already high on booze) or the visible plastic jerrycan of petrol by the pedals undecided

anyways, to each their own.

I think they separate kids trip from adult and wild ones, but what scared me most was signing indemnity form of full page of very tiny letters that I was unable to read, just when the kids were ready to jump on the carts. I almost stopped the kids at that point.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by funkybaby(f): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2010
Remii:

I think they separate kids trip from adult and wild ones

yes, they do.

the bobo that took me to the place . . . . . i refused to allow him join his friends. i told him ''no be me go carry bad news to your people''. grin grin grin

Remii:

but what scared me most was signing indemnity form of full page of very tiny letters that I was unable to read, just when the kids were ready to jump on the carts. I almost stopped the kids at that point.

hahhahahahhahahahhahhahaha. grin grin grin

am sure the kids enjoyed it though.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by OmoAlata(f): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
chaircover:

Without waving my stern finger grin , you will have to make a bigger effort next time to make sure that they enjoy themselves; its their holiday too & not just mummy's LOL

If they feel that they dont have good experiences in Nigeria, then they may not want to return; of course you can force them when they are young but as they grow older they may refuse to go.

Never a truer word spoken smiley
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Amauche03: 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
Please do we havny zoo in lagos?
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by 27naira(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2011
Amauche03:

Please do we havny zoo in lagos?

can't think of any. We have atlantic ocean though. wink
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Kx: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2011
27naira:

can't think of any. We have atlantic ocean though. wink
atlantic ocean na tourist attraction
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Tosinville(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2011
vgc
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by rastaman20(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
Thanks alof for this topic, it is an eye opener , form what i learnt here, i will apply it , becuase i am bringing my kids down to niaja for holidays.
Thanks for this eye opener, had it been that i didnt came across this thread, i could have make a mistake, that is not worth doing after saving alot to bring the kids down to vist their fathers land for the first time in life, becuase the first impression is the most important for them that marks alot in their life time.this also makes them wanting to come back again or not grin grin grin grin
From what i learn here, the best place is the village, becuase there alot of tales, that can serve them as a home work at school too.not only that, even there class mate will be wanting to come and vist nigeria too. i am just talking about an experience that i had with my kids about african dishes. grin grin grin.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Dyt(f): 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by DisGuy: 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2011
Tosinville:

vgc

places on Interest? is that where the king lives or it has a museum?
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by Tosinville(m): 1:30am On Jul 15, 2011
^^No kings or museum there, its just a beautiful place to live/visit.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by gunuvi(m): 7:37am On Jul 15, 2011
My brothers and sisters, If you are visiting Lagos and really wants the best historical and cultural tour, The best option is coming to Badagry. There are nice resorts and hotels including the famous whispering palms, green arcade hotesl, VIP Challets etc and nice beaches not to forget Nice sea sides restaurants.
We will also take you on the tour of the following historical monuments and sites;

Slave Market
First storey building in Nigeria. (where Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated The English bible to Yoruba)
Black Heritage Museum,
Slave Cells (Barracoon)
Early Missionaries Cementary
Mobee Family Slave Relics
1st primary school in Nigeria
First church in Nigeria
Agia Tree were Christianity was first preached
and the Point of no Return.

Contact us for a very comprehensive brochure and cost implications at
Swazi tours, Nigeria
swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com or call 07026015480, 08181501477 i can assure you that you will get a maximum satisfaction at a good rate
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by playbarn: 8:05pm On May 03, 2012
the best kids place in lagos at the moment is the playbarn its shocking and unbelievable ......i was totally suprised to find such attention to detail in lagos. they are located at 14 ladipo omotesho cole street lekki phase 1. id see if i can post some pictures.
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by bserious: 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Hi

Next time your in Abeokuta visit

Olumo rock', with your family. An ever lasting experience

To be honest, all my plans were thrown out of the water!!! Lagos became more of a family affair in that most of what we did was visit family members who hadn't seen me in years and never seen my kids!!! I'd tell the children that we were going to visit aunty so-and-so and that we'd only spend 15mins; we'd end up spending 4 hours there shocked by which time it would be too late to visit anywhere else. The kids were livid and bored but it had to be done grin Another aunty had relocated to Abeokuta. It took all day to get there and back shocked

We did manage to take them to the barbeach though but we all came away with black tar all over our feet shocked and area boys demanding cash here and there (Nigeria we hail thee) grin

At Ghana we took them to visit their dad's family but it was just at one place for all of them so we got that out of the way quickly then we went to the Zoo, museums - palace and army, Labadi Beach (much cleaner & more entertainment, sorry wink ) and many more entertaining places.

So, the kids said they enjoyed Ghana more than Nigeria cry
[/quote]te author=Dis Guy]I'd have thought this place will be brimming with interesting places by now, what with the hype about lagos being overload with activities

Lagos should have a dedicated tourist website by now

shrine of Fela? with the kids brilliant grin[/quote]
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by bserious: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2013
There is also the adire market. Where ankara etc is made these are cost effective.
Everlasting experience
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by bserious: 7:16am On Jun 24, 2013
Hello

Please confirm the age range for
'fun place'
Re: Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls by blackoutright: 9:52am On May 30, 2015
I think am also in this fix...my children has been on my neck to take them out....though they already av a spot in mind which is get arena or ground zero....pls can anyone kindly oblige me with d location of these spots in lagos...TNX.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibom Deep Seaport Meets Standard Requirements – Suleiman / Truck Rams Into Street Traders In Anambra State, Scores Injured. Photos / Car Crashes Into A Building In Edo Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.