Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. (545 Views)

A Metropolitan Police Officer Has Admitted To Being A Serial Rapist / Dolapo Badmus: No Police Officer Has The Right To Check Your Mobile Phone / Cute Female Correctional Officer Has Been Accused Of Having An Affair With..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by chiprice: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
I had an issue with my business partner on farm that we set up last 3 years that didn't go well. The case moved from the police station in PANTI Yaba, Lagos to The Magistrate court in Surulere.

Our last proceedings was 27, June 2018 when the IPO on the case came to testify. I was surprise when he told the court that I wrote in my statement to the police that i used part of the money meant for the project for my personal needs.

I am calling on truth loving individuals, media houses, Journalists etc to help investigate this matter. whatever gave this IPO this confidence to say I wrote in my statement that I used part of the money meant for the project for my person used that means he has already manipulated the statement which I wrote and signed myself.

The next date for court hearing is on the 25th, July, 2018. My lawyer will be cross-examining The IPO at Surulere Magistrate court, COURT 1.
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by Dottore: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
This people always in the news for the wrong reasons.
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by pacino26(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
Was the statement made in the presence of a lawyer? Was it taken "Under Caution" ? If it wasn't that means the police already branded you guilty before trial. With a good lawyer the statement can be struck off if any one of these conditions is defaulted.

I hope you're innocent of the charges?
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by Hector09(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
Money don change hand be that, the fact is that i hate involving the police in anything cus they are transparent to manupulate
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by chiprice: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
pacino26:
Was the statement made in the presence of a lawyer? Was it taken "Under Caution" ? If it wasn't that means the police already branded you guilty before trial. With a good lawyer the statement can be struck off if any one of these conditions is defaulted.

I hope you're innocent of the charges?
Thank Sir for this insight, I will discuss it with my lawyer.

I am 100% sure that I am innocent on this, I even involve my personal money on the project just to revive but at the end no way and he wouldn't give more time to work it out.
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by PamaB(m): 5:45am On Jul 18, 2018
Your Lawyer should be able to handle that. I believe you did not write the initial statement he did, if you wrote it fine, your lawyer should be able to accuse the police of manipulation and forgery so the court can demand for the statement which I believe his writing and yours will be far different. You can do a lot of proofing there.
Re: Please Help, A Police Officer Has Manipulated My Statement. by chiprice: 6:34am On Jul 18, 2018
PamaB:
Your Lawyer should be able to handle that. I believe you did not write the initial statement he did, if you wrote it fine, your lawyer should be able to accuse the police of manipulation and forgery so the court can demand for the statement which I believe his writing and yours will be far different. You can do a lot of proofing there.
I wrote the statement myself and the #530,000 was used fully on the project which was up and running and my partner has received 100k from the proceeds before we started having problems due to bad weather.

lawyer was only when the case was taken to the court. thank you for your advise Sir I will keep you posted on this thread on how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Our Security Challenges In Nigeria / Unease Over ‘stolen’ Jets At Lagos Airport / Dreaded Cultist, ‘point And Kill’ Surrenders In Akwa Ibom Along With Others Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.