Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns (34654 Views)

Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC / Temitayo Abayomi Lawal Battles Cancer Of The Muscles, Needs N4m / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by pacespot(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
good, everything must be eaten with caution nowadays, even our crops (generally) are being contaminated with the climate change.

1 Like

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by aribisala0(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
olawonder:

Rubish! Clearly you are not a medical practitioner, you only sell concussion for erectal problems. Facts of what the OP wrote are contained in many medical journals and articles online and at hospitals worldwide. You ought to read them too rather than these usual wash wash medical practices you guys do in Naija!
You must show yourself
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by looseweight: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
olawonder:

Rubish! Clearly you are not a medical practitioner, you only sell concussion for erectal problems. Facts of what the OP wrote are contained in many medical journals and articles online and at hospitals worldwide. You ought to read them too rather than these usual wash wash medical practices you guys do in Naija!

Small boy, I never portray myself as a medical practitioner, I am a research scientist. Because this is a faceless forum does'nt mean you should talk anyhow.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Bombolistic: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
This man is high on weed. Which one be old ground nut. Is there new ground nuts? Cancer ko lacasera ni
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ACE1010: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
kallmemrB:
What doesn't cause Cancer nowadays... Even too much sleeping is cancer related

grin grin grin
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ACE1010: 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
gaetano:
"Ordinary groundnut ke, tomorrow you will tell toomuch fụcking of chioma's puzzy will give me prostate cancer"

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Trexnemesis(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
Gari Ijebu will kill whatever cancer germ inside the grannut die.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
correctbae:
Nigerian Doctor took to his twitter handle to warn people of the danger of eating old Groundnuts. According to his tweet, it causes cancer of the liver.

Read full tweets;

I'm just here to remind you that eating old groundnuts can give you cancer of the liver
#aprokodoctor
Old groundnuts contain aflatoxin that causes liver cancer. This toxin is produced by a fungus that infects old improperly stored groundnuts.
Don't let your village people win.
Throw that ancestral groundnut away.
Groundnuts should be stored in airtight containers.
Preferably in the refrigerator with constant electricity for about 3 months.
But as we no dey get light like that...
The moment something feels wrong about it. Discard

Read Also: “I Love Davido, He’s A Sweet Boy” – Wizkid’s Baby Mama Says
https://correct.com.ng/i-love-davido-hes-a-sweet-boy-wizkids-baby-mama-says/

This useless doctor where is the result of your study on the matter?
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Silumi(f): 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:

Mouldy true but the "mouldiness" in most cases is not visible to the nakedd eye. The other thing is the "moulds" may have long since died but the toxin persists.It can be found in Cassava and cassava products, corn and corn products ,rice pepper etc

And not just "local" alcohol it can be found in "international" alcohol if quality control is poor
Poorly stored grains..may be a better term yeah noted
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by aribisala0(m): 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
Silumi:

Poorly stored grains..may be a better term yeah noted
better than.......?
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Silumi(f): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
better than.......?
"Mouldy"
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by raphaeladeyele: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
alright
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
Silumi:

"Mouldy"
I think you are talking for the sake of talking. Mouldy means contaminated with mould or fungi spores simple.

such contamination can occur from harvest and so is not a storage issue. The mould spores is present in the soil and contaminates most harvests. In fact the air we breathe is full of mould spores

If the peanuts are harvested with the mould then what has poor storage got to do with anything.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ibori1(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
CheedyJ:

On wat basis is d Dr lying? .u shud av brought ur own superior argument on board..
lipsrsealed
CheedyJ:

On wat basis is d Dr lying? .u shud av brought ur own superior argument on board..
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ibori1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
sacajawea:
If this is trolling behave yourself

u don't av respect
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by RealMillennial(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
D guy no lie but naija no go gree sha ....
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Silumi(f): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2018
aribisala0:
I think you are talking for the sake of talking. Mouldy means contaminated with mould or fungi spores simple.

such contamination can occur from harvest and so is not a storage issue. The mould spores is present in the soil and contaminates most harvests. In fact the air we breathe is full of mould spores

If the peanuts are harvested with the mould then what has poor storage got to do with anything.
Please understand it however you want to I am not here to drag totology and semantics with u, these are the terms we use for patients and they understand it properly.the message is that poorly stored grains or mouldy grains are risk factor for PLCC argue it with science and free me tnk u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Jack Ma Sends 2nd Batch Of Medical Supplies To Nigeria, Others / Kids Eating Eba With Dirty Water In Delta State / Burial Of Man, 2 Daughters Who Died After Taking Traditional Medicine In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.