Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

As Money Decides In Ekiti, An Obvious Regression In Our Pursuit For Development - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / As Money Decides In Ekiti, An Obvious Regression In Our Pursuit For Development (225 Views)

Edo Decides 2024: Who Is Anslem Usioise Ojezua, Esq. / Python Killed And Sold In Ekiti (Photo, Video) / Media For Development In The Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Money Decides In Ekiti, An Obvious Regression In Our Pursuit For Development by horlarjydeytee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
AS MONEY DECIDES IN EKITI, AN OBVIOUS REGRESSION IN OUR PURSUIT FOR DEVELOPMENT.

Agbaje Sly writes in tears......
"When the saying is no longer 'may the best man wins' but now 'may the richest man win', where do we go"?

I say good day to my fellow EKITI people. On the first, let's give thanks to God for the success of the peaceful election held in Ekiti yesterday. As much as I would love to call it free and fair, but in any case, money has decided and the game of refund will once again begin for another 4years.

Another unfortunate incident in Nigeria that shows we are not ready for a progressive change, rather engulfed by the greed of the present piece of cake placed in our hands. As much as I don't have any issue with voting for any political party or personality, here are my painful Observations from EKITIDECIDES 2018:

1. WE ONLY VOTE FOR POLITICAL PARTIES NOT PERSONALITY: Grief held my heart as I buried my head in shame and disgust at my own people when everybody kept shouting APC or PDP, it was more of Fayose vs APC thing. It is so pathetic and sardonic that there were 33 other candidates contesting but we care less to access them all since they are not from PDP or APC, we don't even care to know what they want to offer instead we turned all our attention to a failed returnee and a grand puppet.

2. NOT TOO YOUNG TO RULE, INDIVIDUAL CANDIDACY IS A SCAM! : As much as my hope as a youth was raised when the not too young to rule bill was passed, it has been dragged back to dust with the outcome of yesterday's election in EKITI. I know very well of an active young man that contested, not even his fellow youths gave him a single vote.

The reason is simple, those that passed the bill knows you can't win any election without money in Nigeria, then let's wait for the youth that can outspend them. I guess we have to wait till thy kingdom come, now we are back from "not too young to rule" to "The young shall grow".

3. VOTES WERE NOT WON, THEY WERE BOUGHT: well, sounds so so juicy, " show me your PVC and get 4k, show me your vote and get 6k more". This is even more than some people's salary in a month, and someone is offering you in just few seconds. This was simply how people's votes were bought in EKITI in the presence of 30,000 policemen. I wouldn't blame those that offered to buy our votes, I only blame those that sold the future of their state for that price. Well, no much talk on that, the victory has been bought already, we are helpless now.

4. OUR PEOPLE ARE NOT READY FOR A PROGRESSIVE CHANGE: It is so painful that at a time like this, people still treat their votes like a commodity for sale, the still treat election as none of their business. A progressive mind will realise his vote is his right, and that a vote is her civic power. Until then, let's sit back and watch as our leaders play "The game of thrones" with our cards.

As I keep my fingers crossed and anticipate OSUN2018 and the general election in 2019, I hope same thing will not repeat itself, because the saying has changed, it's no longer "may the best man win, it is now may the richest man win"!. We are not ready for a progressive change.

#EKITIDECIDES2018
#MONEYDECIDES2018

(1) (Reply)

We Shall Not Mortgage Devt., Law, Order For Political Patronage – Obaseki / Quit Your Complained Job / You Have All You Need To Be Rich.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.