Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Is Religion The Problem Of The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (4315 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Earthkumy(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2018
The Yoruba tribe have proved, the answer to the above question is no, religion is not our problem.

My former landlord in Lagos is a Muslim, his first wife is a traditionalist, his third wife is a christian, I didn't met his second wife, his children some are Mulims, some are pastors and Christians. And they leave in peace and happily.

Religious hate and wars are sponsored by politicians and business men with devil who make fortune out of war.

And fought by fools who do not know they are being used, to destroy mankind and please the devil.

God want us all to leave in Justice and love, which bring peace

But devil wants us to have peace without justice, and love which will burst out in hate and war to devils joy.

Jesus loves you and wants you to show love and justice
Everywhere you go
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Amberon11: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2018
When talking about religion you should specify which one. Yes Islam is a global problem.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by JackBizzle: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2018
Religion is one problem amongst many.

Christianity and Islam give rise to

-homophobia
-anti-reproductive rights
-scientific ignorance
-religious terrorism and wars
Etc

3 Likes

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Earthkumy:
The Yoruba tribe have proved, the answer to the above question is no, religion is not our problem.

My former landlord in Lagos is a Muslim, his first wife is a traditionalist, his third wife is a christian, I didn't met his second wife, his children some are Mulims, some are pastors and Christians. And they leave in peace and happily.

Religious hate and wars are sponsored by politicians and business men with devil who make fortune out of war.

And fought by fools who do not know they are being used, to destroy mankind and please the devil.

God want us all to leave in Justice and love, which bring peace

But devil wants us to have peace without justice, and love which will burst out in hate and war to devils joy.

Jesus loves you and wants you to show love and justice
Everywhere you go
Your absolutely correct.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by vaxx: 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

-homophobia
-scientific ignorance
Etc
longest time.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by JackBizzle: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
vaxx:
longest time.

Yeah. I was on a break
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by vaxx: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

Yeah. I was on a break
i miss your endless argument with your christian friend .butterflylion
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by JackBizzle: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
vaxx:
i miss your endless argument with your christian friend .butterflylion

From what I have been reading, butterfly-lying has run mad. He doesnt want to talk to atheists.

I blame Dalaman, hahn, capslocked and hopefullandlord grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by vaxx: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

From what I have been reading, butterfly-lying has run mad. He doesnt want to talk to atheists.

i do not think so
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by hahn(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

I have had my fair share of ridiculous arguments with winner01(the meaningless meme lord), kingebukasblog(with his unnecessary use of big words and eventual confusion between deism and christianity) to 4evergod(the serial scammer as it turned out) but I have always avoided that butterflylion for his open display of stupidity.

I'd rather concentrate on my business and family.

No matter how you try you cannot convince an adult that his imaginary friend is not real. Something he/she should have figured out when he became a teenager. At least

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by dalaman: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

Oga where you go? Welcome back!
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by hopefulLandlord: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

Me? I've not even been talking to the guy,

1 Like

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

I believe objectivity is needed here.

-homophobia

Almost every culture on earth abhors homosexuality, i don't see how this is an exclusive fault of Christianity or Islam.

And i don't also see how it is objectively wrong

How so?

-scientific ignorance
They both contributed immensely too to the discipline of science.

Etc
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
hahn:

I have had my fair share of ridiculous arguments with winner01(the meaningless meme lord), kingebukasblog(with his unnecessary use of big words and eventual confusion between deism and christianity) to 4evergod(the serial scammer as it turned out) but I have always avoided that butterflylion for his open display of stupidity.

I'd rather concentrate on my business and family.

No matter how you try you cannot convince an adult that his imaginary friend is not real. Something he/she should have figured out when he became a teenager. At least

Lmao cheesy cheesy Open display of stupidity killed me.

He always sounds good to himself though even though he is mostly far from point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

They yaff finally cracked the guy like a nut.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Earthkumy(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
Some people jump on a post to make unnecessary arguments

Even when their hearts are telling them God is real

Religion is not the problem
Men who use religion for the wrong reasons are the problem
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Earthkumy:
Some people jump on a post to make unnecessary arguments
You created the post.

Even when their hearts are telling them God is real
Why do you assume what their heart is telling them?

Are you their hearts?

Religion is not the problem
Men who use religion for the wrong reasons are the problem
Man can be influenced by many things religion inclusive. So when an action is inspired by a factor, that factor is just as culpable as the perpetrator of this action

In this regard, Religion can be both a force to inspire great good or great evil

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by tintingz(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Religion is just part of the problem, one of the top problem beside racism and tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by festwiz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
Religion fuels the rest of the world's problems.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Earthkumy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:
Man can be influenced by many things religion inclusive. So when an action is inspired by a factor, that factor is just as culpable as the perpetrator of this action

Now you are saying very thing is the problem, religion inclusive, that means man can turn good things to evil.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Earthkumy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
festwiz:
Religion fuels the rest of the world's problems.

Is hate that fuels the world problem not religion
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Earthkumy:

Now you are saying very thing is the problem, religion inclusive, that means man can turn good things to evil.

I'm saying things can turn men either evil or good. That's hardly the same thing

1 Like

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
tintingz:
Religion is just part of the problem, one of the top problem beside racism and tribalism.

Being racially or tribally chauvinistic isn't the problem though.

Hate - yes.

Chauvinism as regards your race or tribe - expected and not misplaced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Earthkumy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:

I'm saying things can turn men either evil or good. That's hardly the same thing
Nice
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by CoolUsername: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:

Hate - yes.

Doesn't chauvinism eventually lead to hate, though?

I believe that overtly dogmatic adherence to any ideology or the notion of superiority due to an immutable quality is incredibly dangerous and would almost always lead to hate - I mean bigotry isn't formed in a vacuum.

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:

Hate - yes.

Racism and Tribalism was/is a problem even in this 21 century, yea majority of people will want to be sentimental regard thier race, tribe but we can't rule out this is a problem.

Here's one of the pseudo-scientific ideology to justify racism.

The myth of 'race' has created an enormous amount of human and social damage. In recent years, it has taken a heavy toll in human lives, and caused untold suffering". Such "biological fact" is no longer considered to exist as developments in human evolutionary genetics showed that human genetic differences are nearly totally gradual.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
CoolUsername:

Doesn't chauvinism eventually lead to hate, though?
No it doesn't. If being chauvinistic about your race means hating the other, then i'm sure thats not the definition of chauvinism.

I believe that overtly dogmatic adherence to any ideology or the notion of superiority due to an immutable quality is incredibly dangerous and would almost always lead to hate - I mean bigotry isn't formed in a vacuum.

Being chauvinistic about your tribe or race doesn't mean thinking you're superior to others.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking your mom's soup is the best.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
tintingz:
Racism and Tribalism was/is a problem even in this 21 century, yea majority of people will want to be sentimental regard thier race, tribe but we can't rule out this is a problem.

Here's one of the pseudo-scientific ideology to justify racism.

The myth of 'race' has created an enormous amount of human and social damage. In recent years, it has taken a heavy toll in human lives, and caused untold suffering". Such "biological fact" is no longer considered to exist as developments in human evolutionary genetics showed that human genetic differences are nearly totally gradual.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

Well I'm talking racial or tribal chauvinism
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by tintingz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:
No it doesn't. If being chauvinistic about your race means hating the other, then i'm sure thats not the definition of chauvinism.

Being chauvinistic about your tribe or race doesn't mean thinking you're superior to others.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking you mom's soup is the best.
Yeah, there's nothing wrong "thinking" your mom's soup is the best but there's problem displaying it especially when you're married.

Finish taken your delicious wife soup and said, "oh my mom soup is the best, don't serve me your soup anymore it's not perfectly delicious," ...wait for the result.

2 Likes

Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by tintingz(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
johnydon22:

Well I'm talking racial or tribal chauvinism
Well I was not talking about racial and tribal chauvinism.
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
tintingz:
Yeah, there's nothing wrong "thinking" your mom's soup is the best but there's problem displaying it especially when you're married.

Finish taken your delicious wife soup and said, "oh my mom soup is the best, don't serve me your soup anymore it's not perfectly delicious," ...wait for the result.

Is there a difference between "my mothers soup is the best" and "i don't like your soup?"
Re: Is Religion The Problem Of The World? by Hakeem12(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
JackBizzle:

He's lost it completely, that's glaring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NASA Accidentally Captures The Celestial City Of Jerusalem And Hide The Images. / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? / Do Moslems Know That Islam Was Created By The Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.