Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos (513 Views)

Lautech Final Year Student Arrested For Allegedly Killing Her Boyfriend / UNIJOS Law Student Shot Dead In Hostel. See His Last Facebook Post / IMSU Student Arrested For Trying To Cut Off Man's Manhood After Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos by dammy13(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2018
A 27-year-old university dropout, Destiny Otubambo, has been arrested by the police in Lagos for alleged theft and obtaining by false pretences, TheNation reports.

Otubambo, the police said, obtained a phone from a dealer at Ikota Shopping Complex Lekki, Ajah, on May 24 by generating false bank alert. .

The suspect said to be parading himself as a lawyer, allegedly requested for phones valued at N377,500 and opted to pay by mobile transfer. .

Parading the suspect yesterday at Ikeja, Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal said: “To prove he had paid, he showed a debit alert from Zenith account number 2110746005, titled, Destiny Ayo Adeleke. .

Believing it to be true, the shop owner released the phones to him and requested for his phone number. When she did not see the alert, she tried the phone number but it was unreachable and the account number was non-existent.” .

Edgal said a case was reported and detectives from FSARS picked up Marian Amuche, the suspect’s lover, through whom Otubambo was also arrested. .

He said: “On interrogation, he confessed to the crime and that he had sold the phones to buyers he met online.” He said three mobile phones, 10 simcards and lawyer’s wig, gown were recovered from the suspect. .

Otubambo said he generated fake alerts by editing original ones, adding that there was a time he tried to generate fake N5.3 million but was not successful. He said: “I was studying law before I dropped out from school because of financial issues. .

My dad is late. I bought the lawyer gown from the market for N35,000. I have never been to the court before neither was I called to bar. There was no motive behind buying the gown. I just bought it and uploaded pictures I took in it, to social media.”

http://kikiotolu.com/dropout-law-student-arrested-for-fraud/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi Ishilove

Re: Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2018
Sophisticated pigs at it again grin
Re: Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2018
Too bad for him.
He should go and serve his time.
Crime doesn't pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos by swiz123(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2018
post=69452301:
Too bad for him.
He should go and serve his time.
Crime doesn't pay.

If crime doesn't pay, how did those APC mongrels become rich

Nigga was just unlucky to be caught, that's all
Re: Dropout Law Student Arrested For Fraud in Lagos by Mynd44: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2018

(1)

25 Nigeria Drug Peddlers Arrested Today In India / Heavily Pregnant Woman Burns Maid With Hot Knife, For Wasting Time On Erand(p / Man Stabs Friend Over Loaf Of Bread In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.