Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. (19366 Views)

Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University / See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by WordSayer: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
History was rewritten today at the University of Ilorin as ANIMASHAUN Oluseyi Emmanuel, became the first Medical student to be elected as Student Union president in the 43-year-old existence of the mightily prestigious institution.
Animashaun, a 500Level Medicine and Surgery student topped the list valiantly with over 5000 votes, giving him the unquestionable leverage to be elected as President.
The college of health sciences is agog with joyous celebration and an indescribable feeling of pride courtesy to the fact that the medical student folk have often been sidelined and marginalised in the central affairs of things.
Animashaun, who is inarguably an enviably intelligent, young, vibrant, well cultured, tactical, amiable, cerebral and a globally-oriented pragmatist was filled with much gratitude to God and man as he kept on bugging his way through the electric crowd that came to the University environ to congratulate him.
Truly, history was made today and i am proud to be an integral part of it.

Pat Ashinze.
Ilorin. Nigeria

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Kamelot77(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
Let see how he will solve our transportation issue from cohs..............better by far

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by realadejoh: 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
Probitas Doctrina

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
Kamelot77:
Let see how he will solve our transportation issue from cohs..............better by far
One of the reason I voted for him though am an engineering student... You guys really needed help over there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Kamelot77(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
bolinjkezzy:

One of the reason I voted for him though am an engineering student... You guys really needed help over there
he really impressed everybody yesterday, I really hope he succeed so we can give anoda cohs another chance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Kamelot77(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
bolinjkezzy:

he really impressed everybody yesterday, I really hope he succeed so we can give anoda cohs student another chance

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Profcamsey(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
This remarkable. I hope other schools could give medical students a chance, we are just like you all.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by muzyab: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
Let's get to invest in people

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Sarcasm01: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
My course and book mate is now the Vice President!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by oluwayoungzi(m): 12:09am On Jul 18, 2018
we all know he was not qualify to contest but because he is a school candidate everything was swept under the carpet. although he is intelligent and brilliant; the school will always hold him ransom because they have his secret. we should all know that 8 members of the electoral body who are ment to be independent resigned yesterday because of the irregularities that were done. the election was nothing but scam, from opening the portal late to otp problem and bypassing of otp to closing the portal earlier than scheduled. this is the most ridged election in unilorin history, thousand of votes were on ground for the management candidate before the commencement of the election. I am not disputing d fact that the winner is capable but danger looms in unilorin because the president can be impeached at any time and a woman will become the president. my fingers are crossed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by damilola8775(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2018
oluwayoungzi:
we all know he was not qualify to contest but because he is a school candidate everything was swept under the carpet. although he is intelligent and brilliant; the school will always hold him ransom because they have his secret. we should all know that 8 members of the electoral body who are ment to be independent resigned yesterday because of the irregularities that were done. the election was nothing but scam, from opening the portal late to otp problem and bypassing of otp to closing the portal earlier than scheduled. this is the most ridged election in unilorin history, thousand of votes were on ground for the management candidate before the commencement of the election. I am not disputing d fact that the winner is capable but danger looms in unilorin because the president can be impeached at any time and a woman will become the president. my fingers are crossed.
baba go sleep joor

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by sparog(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2018
Hope he'll have time for SUG duties
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2018
Good for them....
There is always a first time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2018
The guy won the election at the SU Presidential Debate. Good luck to him.
#IRepBetterByFar park here

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Factfinder1(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2018
He no go get time at all
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by SEONaijaExpert: 7:49am On Jul 18, 2018
I guess the medical students must have had enough so they campaigned vigorously for him.
*Design a professional Blog
*Rank on Google's first page
0815 134 9272
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Saheed9: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2018
Nice
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2018
K
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by elyte89: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2018
S.U.G...or school prefects grin grin grin.

We wey grad from d school gan,no as e dey go

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by obembet(f): 7:51am On Jul 18, 2018
I don't want to talk about all this Islamic school...

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2018
oluwayoungzi:
At the end of the day when the music is over and you're sober, you go drink water drop cup.
As a Unilorin and COHS alumni, all if not most of our SUG presidents from when the ban on student unionism was lifted have been management candidates. Even when we produced the first female VP, na the same story and wailing.
From the 2nd year of Oloyede's tenure as VC, SUG presidents have been in sync with the University authorities. I bet at that time you were writing common entrance exams.

8 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by HoodBillionaire: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
oju igho
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by xreal: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
elyte89:
S.U.G...or school prefects grin grin grin.

We wey grad from d school gan,no as e dey go

Lol

Reminds me of Shegun Madamori, he was a medical student also.

God bless University of Ilorin.
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
WordSayer:
History was rewritten today at the University of Ilorin as ANIMASHAUN Oluseyi Emmanuel, became the first Medical student to be elected as Student Union president in the 43-year-old existence of the mightily prestigious institution.
Animashaun, a 500Level Medicine and Surgery student topped the list valiantly with over 5000 votes, giving him the unquestionable leverage to be elected as President.
The college of health sciences is agog with joyous celebration and an indescribable feeling of pride courtesy to the fact that the medical student folk have often been sidelined and marginalised in the central affairs of things.
Animashaun, who is inarguably an enviably intelligent, young, vibrant, well cultured, tactical, amiable, cerebral and a globally-oriented pragmatist was filled with much gratitude to God and man as he kept on bugging his way through the electric crowd that came to the University environ to congratulate him.
Truly, history was made today and i am proud to be an integral part of it.

Pat Ashinze.
Ilorin. Nigeria

Weldone Patho Ekwueme. Cheers

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by olutai: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Op change that topic to "Uñilorin elects medical student as its head boy"

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Everything is now a news in this country.
Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by olutai: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Op change that topic to "Uñilorin elects medical student as its head boy" : grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President. by kalao(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2018
Fortunately, The President Elect is a Christian..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Private Schools No Longer Operating The 6-3-3-4 Educational System? / What Took You To The Principal's Office In Your Secondary School Days? / ASUU May Call Off Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.